Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Which Emira are you NOW getting? Time for an update! - Page 4 - Emira Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Which Emira are you NOW getting? Time for an update!

Evotion

Which Emira are you NOW getting? Time for an update!  

147 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

😂😂 @Emiralust Your not the first person here once putting down your Emira deposit discovering the absolute Blast💥 the Exige is. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
14 hours ago, Emiralust said:

i was told there was no way of leaving it permanently in manual, it will go back to auto after 30seconds or so which i hope i was misinformed on.

Doesn't do that in Sport :thumbup:

• Like 2

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

Badge replacement might not be straightforward bearing in mind the new one is larger than previous nose badges. I like them personally and really like the new lettering & design……a reference to the dawn of a new Lotus era😎

• Like 1

• Gold FFM
1 hour ago, stephenwhyte said:

Badge replacement might not be straightforward bearing in mind the new one is larger than previous nose badges. I like them personally and really like the new lettering & design……a reference to the dawn of a new Lotus era😎

I know what you mean.  I'm sure black/silver versions with the new typeface and size will be available.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, KJD said:

Config deposit paid yesterday.

Lots of chin rubbing but in hindsight had decided everything in the first five mins.

This is me:

0E5BCC31-C097-48EB-B726-E258618AB5A3.thumb.jpeg.f0319d95accff2118e0786390cd34075.jpeg

V6 Manual, Seneca Blue, Black Pack, Black Wheels, Red Callipers, Sport Suspension with Goodyears, Black Alcantara w Red stitch, Alcantara steering wheel (hopefully with red stitch), Privacy Glass delete, tracker.

I’ll be looking to change to black/silver badges too, but no rush.

These are my last two cars, so you can see how I’ve got no imagination!

CCE75AB9-7DEE-4562-97DF-2303D7496268.thumb.jpeg.cc77384c9b48bcf6c2c4d8efdb9a5bce.jpeg

A man of great wisdom and taste  🙂

Same spec as me, except I'm keeping the privacy glass and going for cup tyres.

• Like 2

Excellent taste sir.

Don’t want privacy glass as in the Evora I find those little 3/4 windows useful at junctions and I don’t want to hide that it’s a mid engined sorts car. I mean, you might as well have a Golf…

As for Cup 2s, once you’ve aquaplaned once…

• Like 1

Looking at the poll, I am surprised we are not seeing more "Originally an AMG i4 - Now want to get a V6 First Edition". 

If it has an engine, I am there to thrash it.

My Emira Videos  |  Into Motorcycles? Motorcycle Channel

On 18/10/2021 at 18:49, tailslides said:

Logic has got the better of emotion, the V6 temptation has waned and we return to our original AMG red LE, tan leather and silver alloys.

We still have a six cylinder unit should we need to scream.

When it came to biting the bullet and paying the second configuration deposit, the heart won through and we chose the V6 manual FE.

We are still going ahead with Magma Red so at least that has remained constant, the other half has a lot of coordinating red gear 😉 so it's best to do as I am instructed.

I can always change cars later if the joints ever complain too much about clutches and gears  but our first Emira will be "old school".

• Like 2

22 hours ago, R8 said:

Really hoping this car is a FUN car to drive.

That is in no question. It won't be mad and rabid like a 4XX Exige but it will bring a smile to your face.

13 hours ago, EmiraSi said:

1915741223_Screenshot_20211104-2240302.png.414499ed5073750c605ecb4c46f90329.png

The green will not be as popular as we all originally thought before we saw how dark it is.

However, I think this could be the one colour that, when we see it in the flesh at a sunny event, it will be the one that got away and will look utterly fabulous.

For anyone still deliberating between i4 and V6 a recent roadshow video mentioned that the V6 will have a steel rear subframe (carry over from Evora presumably?) whereas the i4 will have aluminium. No idea what difference in weight will be but does suggest that the V6 will be a fair bit heavier than the i4 which claims a lightest possible weight of 1405kg. I wouldn’t bet against the V6 getting near 1500kg. i4 will also make more torque, 360bhp version in the Merc made 332lb ft vs 302lbft in the Evora 400. Maybe Lotus will tune the Emira V6 for more torque but another 30lb ft is unlikely. Best to choose the V6 for the noise it makes I wouldn’t assume it will be the faster Emira.

• Gold FFM

Lotus have already published the weight for the V6 FE at 1458kg (DIN) and torque at 310-317lbft, figures still subject to finalisation after type approval.  I'm choosing the V6 for the noise, the manual gearbox and because I've not got the patience to wait an extra 9-12 months for the i4 :) 

• Like 1

V6 FE is 1458kg.

1405kg will be i4 base spec without any heavy options.

So it’s not hugely different.

Edit: beaten by Tom.

Edited by KJD
  • Like 1

Yes but 1458kg will also be ‘lightest possible’ figure and the lighter of the two Emiras will have more torque and DCT box. Can’t see the V6 being any faster but accept that Emira buyers aren’t unduly concerned about weight or straight line performance. Nicer noise and a manual box offers plenty the i4 can’t.

Edited by jimichanga

Not really. 1458 is V6 FE spec so all options included. i4 FE will be heavier than 1405.

As you say, it’s only “pub chat” numbers.

Some will prefer the characterless i4 engine with the playstation gearbox but each to their own, eh! 😁

The AMG Merc, RS3 and Golf R have some decent torque but aren't they all 4WD?

The torque on the Lotus is driven through the rear wheels only so it will certainly be felt!

It might not be a 0-60 monster but I suspect mid-range grunt will be fine and the analogue nature will make it a relative hoot round the bends.

I love all these Emira driving impressions that you keep giving us, especially when the only Lotus you have driven to date is an Exige that was ‘all over the place’!

As for Emira V6 being 1458kg we’ll see. Lotus claimed the Evora 400 was 1395kg but I don’t believe any owner has actually seen that number on the scales as yet.

• Haha 1