Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Type 132 - Lotus Eletre - Page 11 - Eletre Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Type 132 - Lotus Eletre

Bibs

1 hour ago, Il fenomino said:

Funny. The paddle shifter say + on both sides...

Here are additional pictures: https://imgur.com/a/AJizvTE/

Would you expect paddles as I thought it would be a typical auto electric so how can you change gears? 

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Never been in an EV as a driver or passenger,  looks like an interesting extra experience. Did spot that the regen options on the MG ZS were a normal switch just ahead of the 'gear' selector.

The only advantage of steering wheel mounted ones are that I can use one of them to brake down to a standstill. Not sure why you'd not use the pedal but the option is there - That said, in the highest level it's pretty much one pedal driving. 

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

2 hours ago, Bibs said:

My Ev has paddles, they're to control the level of regen. 

How do you turn down the regen? In the picture both sides seem to increase the regen (+)?

I'm also a big fan of this. I drive a lot on the Autobahn and to just increase the regen with my fingers instead of pushing the brake pedal with my foot would be a big plus for me.

• Gold FFM

Just two (silly) questions ..

• Which human being will be able to detect a difference (for example) between 0-60 mph between 2.8s or 3.8s on a road car / SUV? 
  • If (human) drivers are only controlling regen/some other thing , and using fingers not pedals for driving, but the car is avoiding speeding/cyclists/accidents etc.with technology - what's the point?

Or have I just reached the limit of my real-world understanding?

Top Trumps anyone ?

Cheers

• Love 1

I certainly hope that the 132 does not have all the auto rubbish that will probably mandated by the EU (and UK follows) in a few years time. In a similar way there have been discussions of what sort of control tech the Emira will have, I'm sure we will be discussing it when we have a bit more info about the 132.

As said there is a Top Trumps sort of competition among some of the manufacturers. The 132 is supposed to have a choice of hp 600 or 750...according to some articles seen. Does anyone really need 750?

The render's design language seems based on the concepts Lotus revealed before they committed to full EVs.  It's probably rendering the SUV back when it was rumored to be hybrid or a V8 or whatever.

1 hour ago, thebartman said:

Just two (silly) questions ..

• Which human being will be able to detect a difference (for example) between 0-60 mph between 2.8s or 3.8s on a road car / SUV? 
  • If (human) drivers are only controlling regen/some other thing , and using fingers not pedals for driving, but the car is avoiding speeding/cyclists/accidents etc.with technology - what's the point?

Or have I just reached the limit of my real-world understanding?

Top Trumps anyone ?

Cheers

2.8s to 60 MPH is 36% faster than 3.8s to 60, so it should be pretty apparent.  A 1 second difference at the 3 second range is a lot more significant than at the 6 second range.  And even if autonomous driving were actually a fully realized thing, Lotus would still probably allow physical inputs to driving like paddle shifters because their customers want to drive for fun.  Lotus just wants to give the choice of driving or having the attractive self driving tech available.

So this idea of paddle shifts in an EV. Whilst I appreciate they could be used for adjusting regen to give some driver 'involvement', I was reminded of an article I read some time ago about using software to finesse torque levels (which we know is planned anyway for distribution to any wheel that needs it) to imitate a manual gearbox. Sure enough, a quick search came up with a patent recently filed by Toyota. Its not 1 April yet - is there real hope "For The Drivers"? Could be a genuine antidote to the self-driving tech, for sports cars at least.

https://www.autoexpress.co.uk/toyota/357350/toyota-patents-simulated-manual-gearbox-electric-cars

A group from Hendy including the ceo of Hendy group are going today - I was told.... I assume that is in London.

Another email and teaser just arrived....put the power down...

(bearing in mind all the power cuts in the SW sat the moment should

be get the power up..)

• Gold FFM
13 hours ago, exeterjeep said:

Ian, not 40 members of TLF though...... @mayevora

SCC is a Supercar Private Members Owners Club. They were given a private showing.

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

• Gold FFM

I spy carbon fibre on the rims. I wonder if they are just fascia panels on an aluminium rim?

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

Why does this site still think the 132 is the smaller of the SUV's...

https://www.motor1.com/news/568555/lotus-132-crossover-teaser-videos/

Lotus also plans to introduce a four-door coupe in 2023 and an even bigger electric crossover in 2024. From there, a new sports car would reportedly join the range in 2026 as part of the brand's EV revolution. Teasers for the performance model suggest a design similarity to the classic Esprit.

• Like 1

Article dated February 18th says,

Lotus to Introduce Type 132 All-Electric SUV Next Month

https://motorillustrated.com/lotus-to-introduce-type-132-all-electric-suv-next-month/94839/

This upcoming March, we will get to see the phase next at Lotus with the unveiling of their first-ever SUV

^^^They are confirming a switch to SEA architecture, so the car will share some underpinnings with the Zeekr 001 , which is not what one may call a bad design. March makes sense as it is traditionnally Geneva motorshow which has been postponed (cancelled really) but should they do a studio unveil they could then formally present the car in Beijing Autoshow in April. followed quickly by press drives in the summer.

• Like 1

• Gold FFM

Similar to the London VIP pre-reveal, a group in Shanghai have seen the car this weekend.  Seems to have had a similarly positive reaction.  A few snippets coming out online.

• Like 1