Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Type 132 - Lotus Eletre - Page 6 - Eletre Chat - TLF - Everything Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Type 132 - Lotus Eletre

Bibs

Found this @DarrylV8  ?????????????

https://www.lotustalk.com/threads/reserve-your-lotus-type-132-e-suv-now.486414/

The New Lotus Type 132 Electric SUV is scheduled to debut next year (2022) and we have begun to accept reservation deposits! We only require a minimum deposit of $1,000* and the deposit is fully refundable, for any reason, until the vehicle's specification order has been placed with Lotus Cars US/UK. If you would like to reserve your very own Lotus E-SUV then please give us a call at 855-428-6767 or email info@GatorMotorsport.com

• Gold FFM
1 hour ago, Bravo73 said:

I’m pretty sure that someone from over in Emiraland has. Was it @TomE?

Yes, UK dealer deposit.

I’m assuming Lotus are going to operate a central order system for Type 132 in UK like they are doing for Emira.  They’ll honour dealer deposits based on date order.

For other countries I assume it’ll still be based on allocations.  So queue is per dealer. 

More a leap  of faith with this than the Emira, as most people would have guessed a lot about the Emira from the mules that had been seen, plus an estimate of the likely cost, as it was trying to replace the whole of the lotus range.

But with the 132, no real idea of price range, being made in China should be able to undercut (and needs to to get some market share) by a reasonable amount.

Highest price Cayenne on Autotrader is 2020 £140k hybrid 680hp, Lotus has to get under that by some margin.

I will have another chat with Hendy after Xmas, but as the 132 is the big one unlikely to want it.

Anyone want to go to Wuhan to pick theirs up and try to drive it back to the UK?

@exeterjeepSue wanted the smaller ESUV but as the larger ESUV is first out is quite happy to go with the larger of the two, but this is obviously based on being considerably cheaper than the £140K Cayenne and with a 300+ range 

• Like 1

Darryl & Sue

Proud to drive and own since new a true British supercar the Evora GT430

It kooks like there will need to be a when I placed my deposit type thread..sometime next year. like for the Emira.

'Her indoors' has had a bigger 4x4 than her current Evoque in the past, but that one and the Evoque are big when going shopping etc. If I got one for myself would not be too concerned about the range as it would probably replace the gt430, as by the time a 132 arrived I would be around 68 and the lotus would be even less easy to get out of.

Would think that the price would depend quite a bit on the power options that have been mentioned, would not want the 'low' power one to cost over 80k.  @DarrylV8 do you have any pricing in mind?

Why is everyone so certain the 132 is the big one? I'm not saying it won't be, but not yet seen any real evidence either way. The 132 is apparently 'E' type, but that's 'Executive' and not size related. What has convinced everyone?

“You can’t have too many bikes"

When I spoke to one of the guys at Hendy, their boss of the performance group had actually seen it, and so they are saying it is the big one. I know some think it may not be, but not sure we will be 100% certain until next year.

• Like 1

Ok, that's good evidence, but as you say, final proof will be when Lotus launch it. Actually, even then it may not be completely clear as it would always be possible to make something bigger or smaller. Would be good to know Lotus' real plan for all this.

• Like 2
“You can’t have too many bikes"

37 minutes ago, DarrylV8 said:

@exeterjeepSue wanted the smaller ESUV but as the larger ESUV is first out is quite happy to go with the larger of the two, but this is obviously based on being considerably cheaper than the £140K Cayenne and with a 300+ range 

So now you have placed a deposit were they able to confirm if it was big or 'not so big' (can hardly call it small) ?

@exeterjeep Was hoping £60K - £110K depending on 2WD/4WD, power O/P and the amount of carbon 

No more details than those released, i was hoping for a big release yesterday as a bit of a Lotus Christmas present 

• Haha 1

Darryl & Sue

So let's hope it is not in the price range of the Porsche Taycan  625hp electric 93kwh, some around £180k on Autotrader??? Could not see lotus selling their first electric SUV at that price point.

• Like 1

Not sure what I would expect for the type 132 if price was between £110K - £150K let alone above this figure especially as the car will be mass(?) produced in Wuhan I suppose it depends on which car Lotus are chasing Taycan/Aston DBX or....

Darryl & Sue

One of the other considerations would be its depreciation, after an initial drop most Lotus do not do too badly, but if they follow the way Porsche tends to go down, it could be an expensive private purchase. Especially if the reviews were poor or a backlash about it being made in Wuhan or even just being made in China. So not being a true Lotus?

The Emira being the last petrol car gives it advantage to counter the initial depreciation.

So somewhere between £55K - £145K with a Top spec type 132 at £NFI K. Sit back and wait for Lotus price update 😳

Darryl & Sue

58 minutes ago, LotusLeftLotusRight said:

unless they do the usual Chinese industry thing of drastically undercutting the competition to gain market share.

think they will need to, to get Lotus introduced to the SUV/electric markets as they have no 'track' record in them. See the newest full size RR is almost £100k without any optional extras. 

£55k in the UK would give Lotus an interesting entry into the market, and the dealers will hopefully be able to sell a decent number to keep them in business. 

I wonder if they will go for a launch car at the very top end, can't see them selling many, need to get the car known to the whole world.

This is just my own opinion, I am interested to see this car but in no hurry to place an early deposit. It’s going to be a massed produced Chinese built Geeley platform SUV. If it wasn’t for the Lotus input/branding it’s price would be comparable to a Kia, Hyundai or possibly at the top end a Volvo. If it’s anywhere near Jag/RR or Audi/Porsche and of course Tesla pricing just don’t think it will inspire many. If it’s a really sound design/quality and technical package with a good warranty, service cover and a strongly competitive price? Could be interesting. Guess I’ll just have to watch this space.

But the expected performance puts it well above most of the 'cheaper' ESUV's.

A cost of over £175k would hardly sell.   Can't be that special?