Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Evora Insurance - Lotus Insurance - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Evora Insurance

mayevora

• Gold FFM

Mines up for renewal in 3 weeks. Seems pricey this time round.

Interested to know what others are paying?

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

£300 all in with legal protection etc. 5000 miles pa. Fully comp. With LV.

• Like 1

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way. 

• Gold FFM

I was right then - a pricey £588.40 

Full 9 years no claims 

Garaged in a sleepy Devon village.

£40k value

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

Mine was renewed automatically with LV in mid October, this year £241.56, comp, protected NCD, around 3000 miles per year - for my GT430. I have not had to provide proof of mileage actually travelled in the last year.

Gave them the cost of the car when I took out the policy last year as over £70k. My previous insurer would not cover cars over £50k - (Churchill)

Garaged in an even sleepier village in Devon. @mayevora

May be your job is considered more dangerous - teaching all these young adults how to drive their first (lotus) car.

• Like 1

• Gold FFM

Sounds like I’d better give LV a call or AIB need to slash their rates. 👍😊

4 minutes ago, mayevora said:

Sounds like I’d better give LV a call or AIB need to slash their rates. 👍😊

I just did the compare type thingy , LV were not quite the cheapest - , but the couple of cheaper ones I had not heard of.

• Like 1

Just renewed the Landcruiser insurance and prices seem to be all over the place. Admiral wanted over £270.00 for a renewal and others were around the £130.00 (which really surprised me) so a shop around is well worth it.

• Like 1

Interesting to see what people pay but really, a pointless exercise. There are tens and tens of questions to answer for motor insurance and one different answer from your next door neighbour of the same age, with the same car, for example, will wildly affect the premium, terms and even which insurers will quote for you.

• Like 1

A serial offender no less.

A repeat offender.

A consistent law breaker.

An enemy of the state almost!

Indeed ....

• Like 1

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way. 

• Gold FFM

It’s even worse if you are only double jabbed - those with three jabs will be looking at you like it’s the 1980s and you are riddled with aids 

Only here once

Two SP30’s @jerzybondovdidn't they offer you a speed awareness course to cover the first one? Four hours out of your life but at least it would have saved you having the first 3 points.

• Gold FFM
3 minutes ago, MJON said:

Two SP30’s @jerzybondovdidn't they offer you a speed awareness course to cover the first one? Four hours out of your life but at least it would have saved you having the first 3 points.

You don’t get offered one when you are doing 59 in a 30 🤪

• Like 1

Only here once

14 hours ago, MJON said:

Was 1mph too fast BOTH times to quality for a speed awareness course.

Each it time was a copper with a radar gun, on two different sections of under-speed limited, empty road. First was the M11 - A120 junction, where the speed limit goes from 70 - 50 - 70 in 400 yards for no apparent reason. Yes, he's obviously waiting to catch those caught out by the 50 section.

Second time was a straight, empty, dual carriageway with no junctions on or off and crash barriers both sides. For some reason the speed limit is 30 (60 would be safe and fine). Everyone normally does 50. I got pulled over for my speed having crept up to 42.

I mean, I wouldn't mind if I was wantonly reckless or dangerous, but both of these were cynical cash collecting ploys rather than any attempt to make dangerous sections of roads safer. Hey ho! 

• Sad 3

8 hours ago, jerzybondov said:

Was 1mph too fast BOTH times to quality for a speed awareness course.

Each it time was a copper with a radar gun, on two different sections of under-speed limited, empty road. First was the M11 - A120 junction, where the speed limit goes from 70 - 50 - 70 in 400 yards for no apparent reason. Yes, he's obviously waiting to catch those caught out by the 50 sectio

Wow use this regularly and never slow down, never seen a policeman there before. Better slow down in future

hindsight: the science that is never wrong

LV is my insurer and have been for a good few years. Yes i am happy with the annual premium that i have to pay and the service they provide, thankfully i have not have to make a claim thats where things could change?. There are so many variables that come into play with car insurance providers and being in my 60s and what i think is ok postcode has its benefits especially when it comes to renewal. I am not going to put the figure on the amount that i pay as i do think at times it can be misleading, yes it is cheap for the reason mentioned above. The only advice i can give is shop around, use the comparison site’s most good insurance company’s are there and yes for obviously reason they are not always the cheapest but there are some competitive rates to be had.

21 hours ago, jerzybondov said:

You know the section I mean? Look for a break in the bushes on the left just after the left joining slip road. That’s where they hide. 

before the slip road into the airport

hindsight: the science that is never wrong

• Gold FFM

Cheers to all who recommended LV

My AIB Renewal was £588 and I’ve just paid LV £341 for an identical policy. (Would have been £71 cheaper again but included breakdown)
Result 👍😊

• Like 2