Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Type 133 - Lotus Emeya - Page 3 - Eletre & Emeya Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Type 133 - Lotus Emeya

Bibs

• 2 weeks later...

Lotus have a saloon on the drawing board. I thought the market for saloons was fading? 

Lke a lowered version of the Eletre.

Edited by Royal

It is for now called Type 133, and no Ultra luxury EV saloon is healthy as Tesla S and Porsche Taycan can attest, especially in China which should be Type 133 main market. can we get a mod to merge thread please

• 2 weeks later...

I think these are  pretty accurate renders of the final car99-lotus-ev-four-door-render-by-autocar-

home-lotus-type-133-750x410.jpg

This one has a very different look about it, very shooting brake vibe to it, but it is probably just a slightly different angle .

lotus-envya-electric-sedan-rendering.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

lotus-envya-camuflado.jpg

It seems the car has been testing in cold weather in Mongolia...

the spy photographers managed to get a picture of the interior. This will be a strict 4 seaters in China it seems. I expect the car to be fitted with a slight variation of Eletre dashboard, these are the same seats

lotus-envya-interior-camuflado-1024x578.

https://best-electrics.com/cars/lotus-envya-electric-saloon-caught-winter-testing-in-mongolia/

The glass roof should be an option as it moves the centre of gravity higher and nobody driving a Lotus should want that, except Chinese owners who tend to get driven and not drive so much themselves.

• Like 1

Looks like another to the right of the first pic? 

Hope to see some more pics over the coming months, and to get a better idea of its size.

A Type 133 mule has completed some cold weather testing in Mongolia

lotus-envya-camuflado.jpg

The spy photographers managed to get a picture of the interior. This will be a strict 4 seaters in China it seems. I expect the car to be fitted with a slight variation of Eletre dashboard as these are the same seats as in Eletre.

lotus-envya-interior-camuflado-1024x578.

https://best-electrics.com/cars/lotus-envya-electric-saloon-caught-winter-testing-in-mongolia/

The glass roof should be an option as it moves the centre of gravity higher and nobody driving a Lotus should want that, except Chinese owners who tend to get driven and not drive so much themselves.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Gold FFM

Wow, that's taking a chance with no restraints on the back and the deck with a covering of snow. I hope he takes any corners nice and easy as it will slide right off. UK law now states, each corner too be secured. I always have opposite corners pulling against each other then it cant move. Normal routine. Strap it down, drive 5/6 miles, stop and retention and you always find ones has come slightly loose.

• Like 2

So they were testing at Volvo not so secret testing grounds, we must be very close to unveil, this is were they shot a few not so secret pictures for the Eletre unveil... a test car finding its way on a flatbed... looks fairly logic to me.

On a different note, these wheels are epic.

• Gold FFM

To be fair, if they are doing a range test/calibration in the cold then it would end up on the back of a recovery truck no matter what...

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Gold FFM

My Lotus History - 1998 Elise S1 (sold) - 1993 Esprit S4 (sold) - 2004 Elise S2 111S (sold) - 1995 M100 Elan S2 (sold) - 2014 Evora S IPS Sports Racer (sold) - 2023 Emira i4 First Edition V6 Auto (Touring Chassis, Hethel Yellow, Full Black Pack, Black Alcantara /Yellow Stitch interior and Steering Wheel, Yellow Calipers, Privacy Glass, Tracker)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

112 kWh battery, another 2t+ “Lotus” then

https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/new-cars/lotus-type-133-be-904bhp-porsche-taycan-rival

Guessing this’ll be heavier still than a Taycan (79 and 93 kWh). Disappointing but not all that surprising when even the Emira is heavier than Cayman. 

Edited by Sport220

Well, let's be honest, that's entirely speculation. The Eletre is no heavier than any ICE SUV of the same size and I believe the Lotus EVs will be using the new QiLin battery from CATL which offers a greater kWh/kg energy density.

Mind you, that is also part speculation, based on the fact that Zeekr are just releasing their first QiLin powered cars and prior to that, over 100kWh is unusual, which leads me to suspect that Lotus will be using the QiLin batteries.

Personally I think the current parlous state of UK roads is of far greater importance than minor variations in weight, that may or may not give a vehicle yet more speed you cannot use. 😬

“You can’t have too many bikes"

The Eletre uses a battery of the same capacity so I wouldn’t call it "entirely speculation". I am yet to see an official weight figure for it but there’s absolutely no way it will be “under two tonnes” as Mat Windle had promised. 

https://www.drive.com.au/news/lotus-eletre-electric-suv-weight/

It sounds ridiculous to me that Lotus would go all-out on range and, at the very least, not offer a version with a smaller battery for Type 133.

Personally I think Lotus should try and be truthful to their ethos. And comparing a 79 with a 112 kWh battery does not yield a “minor variation in weight”. Never will I ever see the Eletre as a Lotus. But that’s just my 2p.

Lotus was founded by Colin Chapman in 1948 in Hethel, UK. A maverick engineer and era-defining mind, Chapman believed in the power of simplicity, subtracting the redundant and investing in the essential. Over the years, Lotus has remained true to its founder’s spirit, with countless racetrack victories and engineering breakthroughs to its name.

• Like 2