Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Delivery schedule - Page 7 - Emira Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Delivery schedule

Abgreenbank

56 minutes ago, Wake said:

I’ve not decided on cash vs finance, is there supposed to be a link to a finance section? 

It might be the device you're looking on. On Android phone I only see the price under the configurator, on iPhone, Android tablet and laptop I see price, monthly and interest rate. Clicking on the monthly or rate opens the finance window. Haven't found a way of getting to the finance info on Android phone.

• Thanks 1

Two-year waitlist for Lotus Emira in Singapore

https://www.carbuyer.com.sg/2022-two-year-waitlist-for-lotus-emira-in-singapore/?fbclid=IwAR2g3yOqq5jVCHNZCGaYMPkV3Dvn5Tdig0OjqpzEmtbHP8nRXe-DWjd2DIE

Lotus Emira customers face a two-year waiting list for the car, with Singapore accounting for the majority of sales in the APAC region.

Wow, that’s bonkers. Looks like we’ll see really good residuals for the first year or two then 😁

So do we know (or have more reasonable guesses) as to how many cars are coming out per batch/month now? I was mid 20s July deposit so I’m now assuming I’m lucky if I get mine by Christmas 😟

• Gold FFM
3 hours ago, Scrute said:

So do we know (or have more reasonable guesses) as to how many cars are coming out per batch/month now? I was mid 20s July deposit so I’m now assuming I’m lucky if I get mine by Christmas 😟

See my updated estimates here:

A deposit after 12 July is probably Oct/Nov delivery.

3 hours ago, Graham Ridgway said:

It almost looks like for every day later of deposit, the delivery date is a month later.  That can't be right as it would mean a 2024 delivery for you 😁

That 1 day deposit = 1 month delivery mapping is true for deposits 6-11 July (reveal to end of Goodwood) as they were taking 500 deposits a day.  The deposit rate slowed significantly after that, so UK V6 FE deposits from 12 July to end of last year should all get delivered by end 2022.

2 hours ago, simonb said:

has this pushed the i4 cars back into 2023 yet?

They're still saying late 2022 for first i4 FEs.  They can build both in parallel, the timing is primarily driven by when they achieve i4 type approvals and delivering most of the UK V6 FEs.

• Like 2

The country is an important distinction. I placed mine on July 7, and for the V6 FE the expected delivery is Q1 '23. Lotus seemingly providing the entirety of the UK before sending cars across the channel worries me that we're going to be second-class users to them.

That being said, I have no idea what the expected delivery date for a V4 would be here (going to ask, though), and I just received a message from the local dealer today that Lotus has informed them they're changing the build schedule, and hope to increase the number of V6 FE build slots for '22.

• Like 1

• Gold FFM

You’re right about the country factor.  First US customer V6 FE deliveries will be September (might be Oct depending on shipping time) versus June for first UK.  US i4 deliveries will also start later than UK, probably a similar 3-4 months after, but i4 timing not yet confirmed for any country. 

Good to hear they’re re-looking at 2022 US V6 FE allocations.  It has been causing a lot of concern for US customers and looked like only a third or less of US demand. 

I'm actually in mainland Europe, not the US. Not that it matters.

So I talked to them again, apparently the extra V6 build slots (worldwide!) are due to building less I4's (production delay?).

Curiously, it seems they were expecting to deliver the I4 well before the V6, though it is unclear if that is still the case now.

There's an extra 40K-ish tax on the V6 here, and if their expected delivery dates are virtually the same, that makes the choice all the harder.

It is unfortunate there's so much we still don't know about the I4. Or did I miss its performance specs getting released?

Edited by JJ
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 16/02/2022 at 13:20, TomE said:

See my updated estimates here:

A deposit after 12 July is probably Oct/Nov delivery.

That 1 day deposit = 1 month delivery mapping is true for deposits 6-11 July (reveal to end of Goodwood) as they were taking 500 deposits a day.  The deposit rate slowed significantly after that, so UK V6 FE deposits from 12 July to end of last year should all get delivered by end 2022.

They're still saying late 2022 for first i4 FEs.  They can build both in parallel, the timing is primarily driven by when they achieve i4 type approvals and delivering most of the UK V6 FEs.

I contacted Lotus last week looking for estimated delivery date, none was supplied (deposit placed 15th July). If delivery is November I’ll be delaying my order - I don’t want the car over the winter period. 

It may be for the best because I am not overly convinced by the first edition colours.

On 28/02/2022 at 19:03, Frickin_idiot said:

I don’t want the car over the winter period. 

Yeah, a lot of people will be in the same boat.

I would defer it to Spring myself if this was my case.

• Like 1

If it has an engine, I am there to thrash it.

My Emira Videos  |  Into Motorcycles? Motorcycle Channel

Somebody on another website is saying they have been told Factory collection is now an option:

Bod27 "Just had a call from Lotus, looks like the factory pick up is an option, offered three options, pick up from dealer, home del, and factory pick up.

Factory pick up will be an £195 (good for two) Lunch , factory tour and hand over of car. Cant wait to get over to Hethel in June to collect my car.

Great news , still all on track for June , absolutely so exited about the Emira !"

That is £195 on top of the delivery fee, new total: £1,240

• Like 2

The factory tour is something very special - Hethel itself is a proper magical place and not just a car factory. You’ve also got Classic Team Lotus across the road too, not to mention Ketteringham Hall along the road where the F1 Team used to operate from…….you’ll love it if you’ve not been down!👍And if you’ve been…..then I’m sure you can’t wait to go back as I know would😉😂

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Graham Ridgway said:

Yes, we'd heard about the factory pickup I think. that's fantastic, but paying more to collect rather than have delivered seems a bit rich!

Some will appreciate this option more than yourself clearly - I know I would snap the collection option up if I was buying and more local. If you’ve not been to the factory it’s well worth the cost mentioned! And getting your new Lotus photographed at the factory is a unique opportunity👍

• Like 1