Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Lotus Evija Pictures & Videos - Page 4 - Type 130 - Lotus Evija - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Lotus Evija Pictures & Videos

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, NedaSay said:

they could not have designed anything more beautiful, this profile is just utterly perfect. 

And its small..

Lets hope that this design sets the basic architecture for future models

• 2 weeks later...

How did you hack into my Instagram account to get my picture 🥴

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way. 

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Agree, why bother with the camo when we've already seen the car? 

There hasn't been a squeak from Lotus since Goodwood. The silence is very strange particularly when the marketing budget is many times what JMG had to play with. There appears to be no interest in the current cars whatsoever and equal apathy for building some confidence in the brand. This is the critical time to lay the foundations for what is to come but it seems the guys who should be doing the groundworks are sleeping on the job.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

You would have thought they'd had enough sleep over the past 7-10 years!

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way. 

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

3 hours ago, LotusLeftLotusRight said:

Was that really the Hethel test track? If so the surface has deteriorated dramatically in the past 12 months. Also why the camouflage? 

Looked like Dunsfold at times...

My guess is that the camo is to hide what isn't on the car / test mule yet - working lights perhaps!

Video looked like a rush job to me, over-pitched title for what you get to see "Shake down tests commence" might have been more apt.

Looks great in camo and for those saying why? I say why not, don’t understand all the negativity, sure we will see more promo videos of not just the Evija  but at least one other future model in the new year.

• Like 1

I don't understand the negativity about the camo either. It is just marketing IMO. It is green and yellow, to start with. I sometimes wonder if there is some sort of reverse psychology being used in some of the posts.

• Like 2

Genuinely curious about the camo really not bothered either way but it is usually used to disguise the car before launch. Very unusual to disguise a car that everyone has seen, can’t help but wonder what the idea is. Best guess is they want to make it look like a big development budget.

I am far more concerned about many other things that are going on (and not going on) up at Hethel but remain impressed by the work on Evija to date.

Who says it’s camo? Maybe it’s a genuine colour scheme? 😉

Yes video looks a bit rushed and lacking of real substance but every other car manufacturer does this. Everyone drops a tiny snippet of video every now and then. Or even the fake spy shots where the manufacturer them selfs have paid for the photographer to follow them round or tipped them off where the car will be. It helps to keep the hype up and keep the car in the media and people’s minds. 

• Gold FFM

In my opinion, the camo doesn't really hide how the car looks.

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

One thing that the Evija has in spades over its hypercar competitors is its looks. So why attempt to hide it? Also we don’t actually get any impression of near 2000 bhp performance apart from one Top Gear style power-slide, which any sports car can replicate. To me the video is an opportunity wasted. I think other supercar makers would have put out something much better, or not at all.