Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
The latest configurator - Emira Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

The latest configurator

tailslides

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Gold FFM

Based on seeing the 6 FE colours at Hethel last week I can say Lotus have done a great job in capturing not just the colours but how they perform in different lighting conditions.  It'll never be 100% accurate but that should give people a very good idea.

The video option is very cool too!

TE spec new render 4.JPG

• Like 1

It’s a great effort to show how the cars will look under different lighting conditions.  I have played with all the colours this morning and they all look fantastic.  I’m  still with Magma but having another think now about caliper colours.  They look very different in California compared to UK daylight!  

Very happy with the configurator, a bit annoyed my spec has been locked a week before this came out though, and as the email says, "changes to your configuration will mean that your order will be removed out of the production line and rescheduled which will delay your estimated delivery." If it's now confirmed the diamond cut alloys are not like the ones seen in Lotus NYO I would probably want to change back to them after seeing the proper lower black pack and renders for the first time 

Is it a bug that the lower black pack changes the colour of the diffuser and side sill? It might not be that obvious in the screenshots, but if you have a play turning it black pack on and off you will see it

image.thumb.png.e66e668deab532a9d31e6a7573838b85.png

image.thumb.png.d74d3d1476bc41cede26d7955c7fc833.png

• Like 1

anyone else having difficulty with the PEX tool? vehicle lookup can't find the car - I've tried 4 different number plates, none of them can be found!

started working now... seems a bit flaky though re feeding figures correctly into finance calc... firstly the figures didn't come through into the calculation... and now I've refreshed the page its forcing me into viewing hire purchase figures because the value of the PX is greater than the max PCP amount!

48 minutes ago, Mctaff said:

started working now... seems a bit flaky though re feeding figures correctly into finance calc... firstly the figures didn't come through into the calculation... and now I've refreshed the page its forcing me into viewing hire purchase figures because the value of the PX is greater than the max PCP amount!

I was having a similar problems with the finance tool, the PX value wasn't feeding into the HP calculation page (even though it showed on the left hand side) but it worked for PCP. I ended up just taking my car out and using the expected value as the customer deposit. PCP was coming out insanely expensive even with a high value trade in (in fact it exceeded the max allowed deposit so they were giving money back) so I think HP is the only valid option in that case, which is what I was expecting. 

Had fun with the updated configurator this morning. Ran the video with every colour. All looking good but Nimbus grey on silver wheels without black pack stood out for me. Tan leather, black calipers. Hethel yellow with black pack would be my back-up. Surprised how good Shadow grey looked, especially with red leather. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CORKDSP said:

From US I still see the old configurator... anyone able to provide link to the UK website?

USA Site: https://www.lotuscars.com/en-US/

UK Site: https://www.lotuscars.com/en-GB/

1 hour ago, Bibs said:

I'd suggest using a VPN to relocate your IP address to a UK one :)

There's no need... they don't filter based on origin IP, they just auto-forward off the root lotuscars.com homepage based on detected region. If you manually enter the full localized URL it stays where you put it. That's typical of most international brand sites.

• Like 1

Wow - what a difference that new Configurator makes to seeing the final result! Always thought it would be Magma Red for me but quite shocked at just how good the lighter colours look! Not a fan of silver wheels on current day Lotus models, but with the Emira they look amazing! Similar to Evora in that respect in fact……lovely! If I was in the market for a GT car I’d be all over one of these……who knows, maybe some time in the future?

Can’t help thinking Lotus should’ve had the car they’ve toured the World with (Shadow Grey) in one of these 2 colours……😎

972EAEB4-65A6-4DF8-A575-EEFADDC44EF9.jpeg

CE429C17-3287-4719-8859-FA6DD70C7904.jpeg

I didnt have a code for the configuration ( and i couldnt remember everything) i choose so spoke to Lotus and they sent the correct config code, however he was at pains to inform me as i have a manual on order it wont have a yellow 12 oclock mark on the steering wheel. Did i miss the delivery charge that is included in the finance examples, or is it new?

this code matches my config  

fP4bcYcp

Edited by Abgreenbank

9 minutes ago, Eagle7 said:

Well as of today, my journey as the alternate configurator has come to an end.  This new configurator is excellent.  

It looks like this was done by a gaming company, (which I had suggested) but they've done a great job of it.

Lotus made a big deal about the Evija configurator, which made the original Emira one all the more disappointing. Maybe they got the Evija guys to use their technology on the new Emira one? The Evija configurator still says “Designed especially for Lotus, using an ultra powerful graphics processor and advanced gaming software…”

19 minutes ago, Eagle7 said:

So I'm guessing the amber rail in the headlights, and the way the tail lights wrap around the back of the car are good enough to pass the requirements for side marker lights?  I was wondering if or how they were going to add those on the side.  If this is the case, I really like this idea of not mucking up the side of the car with side marker/reflector lights.  

The side indicator is in the wing mirror, you can see it in the YouTube video below. You can see it in the new configurator too if you look from the lower viewing angle