Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Ukraine - Page 42 - General Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Ukraine

LotusLeftLotusRight

On 13/05/2024 at 12:35, LotusLeftLotusRight said:

Looks like the Russians are making progress in the Kharkiv region. I wonder when the F16s will finally be operational? They could do some damage to the Russian forces, now that they are on the move and more vulnerable.

The Russian progress is worrying, if they win in Ukraine they will easily bulldoze through the Baltics. People in this country need to wake up to the very real threat.

Amateurs built the Ark

Professionals built the Titanic

"I haven't ridden in cars pulled by cows before" "Bullocks, Mr.Belcher" "No, I haven't, honestly"

39 minutes ago, red vtec said:

People in this country need to wake up to the very real threat.

Actually, I think we are very awake to this threat.

The ones sleeping at the wheel have been the US and the senators who have stood in the way of the arms for Ukraine bill need to have a long hard look in the mirror. They've unlocked and opened the door to Russia and god knows why most American citizens are not worried about that. Probably too comfortable sat in front of the TV with their 4 pint pitchers of coke and buckets of popcorn the size of bins watching the Trump case...

• Like 1

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

As I understand it, the only reason that Russia are making gains in their summer offensive is that the USA delayed more munitions for six months and the Russians have spread the front over 1,200km's which is hard for the Ukrainian Army to defend. The Russians have over 500,000 soldiers on the front but due to a lack of experienced leadership can only attack in small platoon/company sizes, much less effective than brigade or divisional sized attacks. They're using their WWII tactic of volume of people. 

This would not be effective against a modern, well equipped and well lead army. Their forces have shown significant weaknesses over the last couple of years and their military stocks are decimated, with only poor quality North Korean munitions keeping them armed. Russia has also just cancelled MAKS, their 30+ year trade/airshow which usually brings them in over £20bn in arms sales, probably as due to sanctions they've got nothing to sell. 

For those reasons, I'm not worried. 

• Like 2

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

There is an old saying I think it was Stalin,“Quantity has a quality all its own.”, and the Russians will just keep throwing people at this. Their mind set and the Chinese is not like the West, they see  this as all for the greater good and are not concerned by losses or time. 

Amateurs built the Ark

"I haven't ridden in cars pulled by cows before" "Bullocks, Mr.Belcher" "No, I haven't, honestly"

Think they would have been hoping for a choice of more capable/4wd vehicles  ?

https://cardealermagazine.co.uk/publish/vehicles-donated-to-ukraine-via-ulez-scrappage-scheme-arrive-for-duty-in-war-torn-country/302092

More than 100 vehicles have now been donated via scrappage scheme

On 16/05/2024 at 17:16, red vtec said:

There is an old saying I think it was Stalin,“Quantity has a quality all its own.”, and the Russians will just keep throwing people at this. Their mind set and the Chinese is not like the West, they see  this as all for the greater good and are not concerned by losses or time. 

Apart from the loved ones left behind. How long will they keep hiding the fact that hundreds of thousands of their young men are being killed? 

I suppose if society is supressed enough then it could go on for a very long time, but eventually the truth will out!

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

All three parts

• 1 month later...

So on the same day Putin bombs a children’s hospital Cancer ward, Indian Prime Minister Modi turns up in Moscow to embrace and congratulate him on his work. It’s outrageous how Modi has turned a blind eye to Putin’s actions for the sake of cheap fuel. I wouldn’t be surprised if Indian manufactured weapons end up in Russia in return.

Yes and no it would seem. Apparently it was agreed by both sides that we would stop paying orthodox aid back in 2015. Nevertheless we are still assisting financially with implementing Green policies in India to help them meet their climate change targets. Allegedly.

49 minutes ago, LotusLeftLotusRight said:

So on the same day Putin bombs a children’s hospital Cancer ward, Indian Prime Minister Modi turns up in Moscow to embrace and congratulate him on his work. It’s outrageous how Modi has turned a blind eye to Putin’s actions for the sake of cheap fuel. I wouldn’t be surprised if Indian manufactured weapons end up in Russia in return.

Wasn’t the part of the history on the partition of India and the dissolution of the Raj. Due to wests fear of India going to the communists? 

Amateurs built the Ark

Not sure about that, but post Independence India has been historically close to USSR in the past, but had started leaning more to the West since that collapsed. You see it clearly in technology. For example India has Soviet / Russian designed nuclear power plants and submarines. The Indian Air Force is a curious mish-mash of old Soviet / Russian aircraft (MiG 21 & 29, Su-30, Il-76, An-32, Mi-24, Mi-8), coupled with more modern Western aircraft (Rafale, Hawk, Hercules, C-17, Apache, Chinook). The Pakistan Air Force on the other hand has been comprised almost exclusively of Western types. You may remember that a PAF F-16 shot down an IAF MiG-21 with a US AMRAAM missile a few years ago.

India has recently overtaken China as the most populous country in the world. Perhaps we should send some family planning advice leaflets instead, I'm sure a huge %age of the population lives in poverty and huge families aren't the answer to that?

• Like 1

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

To keep us on topic ( :shock: ) we should divert the foreign aid to countries like India (and Israel whom we need to stop all arms sales to following their latest attacks) to bolster our support for Ukraine.

As well as the support for weapons, we need to support the Ukrainians' to deliver the medical care and social/welfare support needed to their citizens.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

2 hours ago, C8RKH said:

Remind me again, why are we sending foreign aid to India?  

You could wrap it up in one word probably, Diplomacy.

34 minutes ago, chipp said:

You could wrap it up in one word probably, Bollocks.

FTFY

• Haha 1

The small print.

Errr, I did that three posts prior....  Just saying.

The small print.

Keir Starmer gives go-ahead for British missiles to be used in strikes against targets inside Russia | US News | Sky News

Response from Pooh tin

However, reacting to the news, Russian President Vladimir Putin's spokesman said: "If this is so then, of course, this is another absolutely irresponsible step towards escalating tensions and seriously escalating the situation."

Dimitry Peskov told Reuters: "We will be watching this very thoroughly and respond accordingly."

What a couple of twunts