Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Ukraine - Page 29 - General Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Ukraine

LotusLeftLotusRight

Putin said "I'm not bluffing" - so this must mean that his previous weekly "we will nuke you" threats have been bluffs. Next week it will be "I'm really not bluffing this time" while jumping up and down.

This chap has been quite interesting.

• Like 2

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

I see that Lavrov has done his usual speech at the UN and then walked out again before he really gets challenged.

Why the fcuk don’t they now arrest him and send him for trial to The Hague for being complicit in the war crimes committed by Russia in Ukraine?

No doubt there is something in the UN charter preventing this but Russia don’t comply with the charter on many levels. In my book 2 wrongs do a make a right!

• Like 1

• Gold FFM

Ok, so I have bumped into quite a few opinion pieces from journalists who are espousing that this war has been caused by the West and that by supplying weapons, they are just prolonging the conflict.

Putin would not have invaded, but for the foreign policy of the USA.

Am I missing something? Is that the case or should I just reread my signature again about opinions?

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

I personally think that's just bullshit. Excusers making excuses for Putin.  He has always (it is well documented and in many of his speeches) resented the split up of the old USSR and the soviet block. His constant references to the Russia "motherland" refers to the "old" boundaries, not the current ones. He would like to see the states that separated from Russia be brought back into the fold and under control. His believe is that they're leaving has weakened Russia through the loss of land, which has allowed the West to encroach.

I do believe that his "mobilisation" could well be the straw that breaks his back.  It was reported earlier today that the T-52 tanks that are 50 years old and had been in deep storage, have been uncovered and are heading to the fight. That is basically WW2 weapons slightly tweaked!  If I was a Russian citizen I would be looking at my call up papers as my death certificate. I thinki it is really starting to hit home now.

Just my opinions, and yes, they may stink, but they are what they are....

• Love 1

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way. 

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

I agree with C8RKH.  Putin is nuts and will probably be overthrown by his own people.  Let's hope he taken out by any means necessary to end this illegal action against Ukraine.

"I thought it was Lambo" -  Thank you very much and now it's time to educate the Exotic Less.

• Gold FFM

Well I'm glad to know that I don't believe what I wrote and that he is a crackpot.

Trying to make this his last hurrah, I think. And of course with more countries back under his control. more money he can get for himself. The oligarchs have gone quiet, haven't they?

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

Yes, the West has some bearing on all of this, however we either subscribe to the superiority of our own values system, copious warts and all, or we buy into the totalitarian prospects of Russia, China, Iran, North Korea, and on ad nauseum.

Best case scenario is the Russians get through their heads the bottom line reality of this and dispose of Putin and his enablers as soon as possible. If this takes a prolonged and mutually painful stranglehold from the enlightened world to catalyze then so be it. If Putin, in desperation, moves nukes of any sort into play then it will be down to two choices for the West: submit to a reality wherein any ably equipped tyrant may be expected to impose their will on anyone; alternatively we loudly declare the imminent application of force in kind. Game theory here is that a hard lesson cannot be avoided, no matter how distasteful, miserable and inhumane. In effect the West, in so declaring unequivocally, places in the lap of every Russian a ticking time bomb for which the fuse length is unknown. Terror ensues and the Russians see the better of their options being to rise up en masse against the war criminals. I dearly hope it does not come to that.

• Gold FFM

A guy I know is an ex SAS soldier. And certainly no fool. He is not very confident that this is not going to go all pear-shaped.

Putin should have been put in that explosion at the bottom of the sea.  What a total f*ck stick!

"I thought it was Lambo" -  Thank you very much and now it's time to educate the Exotic Less.

• Gold FFM

I wonder if the Russians are going to come up with 'The Ukrainians sabotaged the pipeline!' even though Russia seized the only sub that Ukraine had back in 2014.

Should be on Sergei Lavrov's tombstone (one day), 'Never let the truth get in the way of a good story.'

Should be easy to say what happened I would think. If it was a blowout on both lines the pipe should be damaged outwardly. The chance of both lines having blowouts is quite small though. If it was external explosions, the damage should go inwardly. Only has to be one part of a pipe that shows an inward direction to say it was an external blast, I would think.

• Like 1

It should stop after awhile as it is no longer pumping, just what is left in the pipe.

28 minutes ago, LotusLeftLotusRight said:

bath time fart

yours or someone else in there with you.

• Haha 1

• Gold FFM

Is that @Bibs behind the white and black thingy?

I'm tired of having Putin be Putin.  Is there anyone else better in the upper ranks that can remove him?  Preferably someone who wants to tell the truth and stop the lunacy?  Not a Right side or Left side but an Independent with a goal of stopping the stupidity and admit that Putin was wrong about Crimea and Ukraine, the Pipeline sabotage, give accurate numbers of the dead soldiers on both sides and finally apologize for an insecure megalomaniac that took control and lost all of his senses.  Anyone, anyone?  Bueller, Bueller.

It's hard to admit when you're wrong, but I do it sometimes daily.  It's nearly impossible for a narcissistic psychopath to do so.