Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Emira Road Tests & Reviews - Page 24 - Emira Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Emira Road Tests & Reviews

Bibs

8 hours ago, blindside said:

Clearly these are special engines. I wonder what the anticipated design life is at the current maximum rated bhp figure?

I read somewhere that Toyota had an anticipated minimum design life for the V6 at 300,000km (186k miles). The V6 might not be very exotic, but it's as tough as old boots.

Interesting comment on how euro 7 regs may effect the production feasibility/future supply of the AMG unit. I couldn't see AMG supplying these hand built units just to Lotus, if they were no longer used in one of their own vehicles.

• Like 1

I'm not worried. I was only quoting the euro 7 comment by the author of the article.

That said, I have seen comments like yours on other forums and responses from people seemingly in the know, saying that euro 7 was coming and would be generally as originally proposed. I have no knowledge or view either way.

Only AMG know what their potential business model is likely to look like over the next 5 to 10 years or so and will no doubt have agreed a minimum engine supply date with Lotus.

Reports in Autocar a couple of weeks ago about how Stellantis pressure has resulted in the watering down of Euro 7. Not really surprising as all it was doing was making the ICE almost impossible at a time when alternatives are not available in big numbers. I do wonder if it has come a little too late for some such as the Fiesta where the profit margins are already too tight to make it viable and Euro 7 would have made it a loss maker. Drifting off topic so will leave it there

3 hours ago, JB said:

GT version can be ordered already, (taken a deposit on one) but full details are sketchy so far.

Do you mean GT as in Grand Tourer or GT as in stripped-out high power variant? If so what sketchy details have you heard and are dealers taking deposits again? Don’t forget the shambles with the stock Emira deposits placed at dealers.

Perhaps a road going version of the GT4, - see the GT4 has ohlin suspension, but the power output at 400 ish is below what some potential owners would like?

Not just about power, but personally a GT4 with 430/450bhp would be ideal for me :shock:

• Like 2

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

8 minutes ago, JB said:

Judging by our demos so far, too many half wits in ‘powerful’ cars can’t handle n drive properly 400 ponies, wish there was a switch to cut power to 100 as that’s about their limit🤦🏼‍♂️

I suppose you are getting all the alerts from tracker/Lotus to count all the over speeds.

18 hours ago, JB said:

...... however plenty of them are driving the Emira because it is usable 9/10ths of the time.

I don't understand your statement. I've heard of very few deliveries thus far so not sure there are "plenty of them" about.

Was at Hendy yesterday and a chap rolled up for his test drive, has one on order just like their demo but with different wheels. Their test drives seem to be progressing OK.

Seems an awful lot of steering input going on, for very little turn/reaction? Might just be the footage….., but it gives the impression the steering is very light?🤔🤷🏻‍♂️

Lightness and steering gearing are independent of each other. 

It is an updated version of the hydraulic system on the Evora, so I imagine it will be nothing less than sensational!

• Haha 1

Thanks for the physics lesson - but the footage still gave me the impression the steering was light, to the touch👍And I agree (and by most accounts so far) it will be good.

11 minutes ago, simonb said:

I think you have the tyres muddled - Cup 2 only on Sports set up

Interested to know how they were on cold wet tarmac

Apologies - they were certainly very grippy on track, even on the cold, wet tarmac.

Feedback from the dealer was that most are going with the Touring set up - they'd only had one person ordering Sports so far. I'm going with Touring as this will become my daily driver.

Personal preference, but I'd recommend the alcantara steering wheel (even though I'm going tan leather interior to go with the dark verdant paint). The leather one didn't feel as nice.