Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
demo cars at dealers ? - Page 6 - Emira Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

demo cars at dealers ?

Beady

Glasgow are saying the Emira scale models have arrived in the show room 🤪

So contracturally they are correct 😆

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Exeter got a blue Emira they had not ordered.........

, but it was the larger scale model, not the 1/43 size. it came in a box of other bits and pieces from the factory.

On 14/10/2022 at 18:47, TomE said:

Less than two weeks ago Lotus said all UK dealers would have at least one demo car by 14 Oct and test drives would start from 17 Oct.  Today none of them have got one and Lotus now say they will arrive "soon".

7 days later now, soon must be getting sooner.

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, TomE said:

it might be anywhere between 1 and 3 weeks.

sounds more like at least 3 weeks?

• Gold FFM

I dialled down my expectations of the accuracy of Lotus forecasts several months ago.  I think “whenever” or “sometime” are more accurate. 

I think by now they should just admit that with brexit, it has been too difficult to get cars approved and scrap the UK market altogether for the launch and then review next year.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

10 hours ago, PAR said:

I think by now they should just admit that with brexit, it has been too difficult to get cars approved and scrap the UK market altogether for the launch and then review next year.

Yep still waiting for any benefits from brexit sadly car approval is not one off them.

• Like 1

• Gold FFM
10 hours ago, PAR said:

So lotus incompetence is brexits fault 🤣

• Haha 1

Only here once

On 13/10/2022 at 19:27, marcfair said:

bibs anything in the pipeline for a dealership in newcastle?

Given all the middle eastern money sloshing around up there a dealership has to be a foregone conclusion, and no doubt it will have black and white demo cars too.

Lots of them.

Flappy paddles are no doubt popular too 

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

Is Lotus still using the term dealer, I thought it had become Agent now? I don't think this new approach is the right way to go personally.

Communications from the factory re Emira delivery progress seems hopelessly out of touch.

8 hours ago, C8RKH said:

Given all the middle eastern money sloshing around up there a dealership has to be a foregone conclusion, and no doubt it will have black and white demo cars too.

Lots of them.

Flappy paddles are no doubt popular too 

🤣🤣

Agent or dealerships whatever  the buzz word is these days but my point being nothing has changed  at the moment regarding  aftersales  and servicing. If there was a problem  with my new shiny emira where do I take it for warranty  work which is not 3hrs drive away. No official  factory  support  in this  area for existing  customers. I'm sure in time lotus will  sort something  out eventually 🤣🤣🤣

Looking forward to  seeing the 1st uk deliveries  👍😁

10 hours ago, marcfair said:

🤣🤣

Agent or dealerships whatever  the buzz word is these days but my point being nothing has changed  at the moment regarding  aftersales  and servicing. If there was a problem  with my new shiny emira where do I take it for warranty  work which is not 3hrs drive away. No official  factory  support  in this  area for existing  customers. I'm sure in time lotus will  sort something  out eventually 🤣🤣🤣

Looking forward to  seeing the 1st uk deliveries  👍😁

Those of us who live in Scotland have had to put up with 1,2,3 hour drives to THE dealer and back for ever. First world problem I guess.

• Like 2

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

Suspect demo cars are close to be being delivered, not in at Exeter yet, but said to be imminent...... so well before Xmas or even Halloween.

So how many dealers have got their demo Emira now, know there is a pic of one in Sussex, others must be hiding them in storage until all have their cars??? May be there will be a UK wide dealer announcement at a point in time (soon) to say that they are all in place waiting to be used. I suppose dealers could get upset if dealer A gets their car before dealer B etc......

• Gold FFM

I know of three so far, plus several others have said they aren't due to get them until next week.

Lotus are holding off sending the emails about test drive bookings until all dealers have got their cars.  I believe that will be issued mid next week - but it was due out today so could be re-scheduled again.

Popped into Hendy Exeter today and their car was there in all its glory - looked great.  They aren't allowed to use it yet - and of course the factory are doing the scheduling of test drives, but they expect those to start next week so it really is happening at last.

• Like 2

Loving Lionel and Eleanor......missing Charlie and Sonny