Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
talk me out of a used Maclaren 570 (or even an Alpine 110) - Page 3 - Emira Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

talk me out of a used Maclaren 570 (or even an Alpine 110)

Beady

Makes a lot of sense to me...

Here is a Nimbus/Tan 😊 looking one for only several thousands more than an Emira:

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-details/202207017350686

Still British, good looking, head turning road presence and a LOT faster.

I;d never get a Macca myself (as spent a lot of my life in Woking and they are no longer special) but I can see Emira owners moving in that direction down the line as it is the next logical sports car step.

If it has an engine, I am there to thrash it.

My Emira Videos  |  Into Motorcycles? Motorcycle Channel

• 6 months later...

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

I get the impression with McLaren (as opposed to the pushchair manufacturer maclaren) there is a badge of honour if you get through ownership without significant a 5 figure bill.  Unfortunately you have to have sold to get the badge.  I would worry if always looking over my shoulder for an expensive flatbed

• Like 1

Stunning. My car is McLaren Orange, I believe yours is Ventura Orange?

You managed to bag one with the B&O audio. Couldn’t find one in the colour/model I wanted at the time so I have bog standard audio. 

Don’t remember where you’re based but would be good to meet up some time. 👍

• Like 1

Yes Ventura and B&O audio they say it sounds fantastic, not sure how much I will be listening to it especially with the roof folded away lol but nice to have I suppose. Based in Nottinghamshire what about you Nathan where are you based?

Did not realise the difference in the two colours where that big, both still look great. C&M is great meeting point for me, let me know next time you are going 👍

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Finally took a new shape vantage out for a test yesterday and blew me away, something two Emira tests both failed to do.

now urgently need to try a 570 but my emotional attachment waiting for the Emira is almost fully broken now.😢

construction and property consultants : My company

• Gold FFM

Just for the fun of it, I looked up McLarens for sale in Australia and sorted the list by lowest to highest.

Lowest? 2013 MP4-12C Auto $239,000AUD or 136,695GBP

Highest with a price? 2016 675LT Auto $1,250,000AUS or 714,936GBP

Highest? 2022 model 'Enquire for Price'

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

13 hours ago, scotty435 said:

Nearly a week into 570 ownership and what a week, never in my wildest dreams did I in imagine it was going to be this good not just in outright performance but it’s great at just pottering around at lower speeds. If you can get over to Nottingham I would be happy to take you for a blast out👍388E81AA-03B3-4669-B3C7-1A27EDEA02B3.thumb.jpeg.3bff443fa2327868c1884edef4e438b0.jpeg

502AAD07-90D1-4D67-8ADB-34C9911FD375.jpeg

Thanks - Have 570 test drive now booked for Friday.

was yours the yellow evora I saw in leeds on Saturday ?

construction and property consultants : My company

• 2 weeks later...