Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
vs Cayman GT4 RS - Competition? - Emira Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

vs Cayman GT4 RS - Competition?

Evotion

To be fair - what a car!!

IF one coujld get it for list at £108k then yes, it has to be a contender for anyone's money buy I suspect these will not be buyable for you and me for less than about £200K on release. 😒

Competition. Well, not really. This is faster and more track orientated.

What it does do is make the Emira look great value again.

If it has an engine, I am there to thrash it.

My Emira Videos  |  Into Motorcycles? Motorcycle Channel

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

I don' think the Emira will ever actually rival this GT4 RS on the track but should, at the very least, equal it on the road.

I;d still get that ' should I have bought a 911' feeling.

On 23/03/2022 at 08:56, Evotion said:

What it does do is make the Emira look great value again.

It also reinforces the fact that the Emira is a beautiful looking car, that the Cayman is ugly, and that this particular derivative seems to have been vomited out of a 90's lads mag!

ha, perhaps a bit harsh. 

I think it looks really mean and purposeful but nothingl like the emira.

At the end of the day, the Emira looks like a supercar and this Cayman looks like a track racing car.

Both are cool in their own way. Wish I could have both.

I drove around in a GT4 for a while it was a nice bit if kit.

I try not to get bogged down in the what type of person drives what and why but must admit they get the hump at the porsche dealer if ypu eat all the little cakes on display .

The Lotus is more fun all round but not as practical but hay you want practical go get a Duke 20180609_144332.thumb.jpg.edef2551aeb0735b7490358cace3c86b.jpgIMG_20200308_103718933_HDR.thumb.jpg.df8b336a95a775a8ac88408d03dc7343.jpg

love colour that GT4 to be fair. Certainly like it. I have no love for the standard Cayman though.

Exige looks so tiny in comparison!  I;d still have the exige every day of the week.

The Exige is better in many ways than the Emira so the real trick is to have one of each.

I suspect the 410 Sport and 430 Cup will never come down in price anymore so i;d have to sell something to get one.

• Thanks 1

You’d buy the GT4RS if you just for the engine alone. Rear wing is very questionable if it only makes 25% more downforce than the regular GT4 and manual box sounds like it would suit it down to the ground but all of that would soon be forgotten at 9000rpm. The issue is getting one if you want one. The car is brilliant I’m sure but Porsche or anyone else asking for ‘overs’ can do one. Too many other great drivers cars out there to enjoy to be putting up with that crap. Love how we’re hearing all about the regular GT4’s shortcomings now, we were all told repeatedly that it was perfection! Still, never thought we’d see the day when the Cayman would get the GT3 motor. For what it’s worth I’d take the Cayman or better still if they did a Boxster version. Motor was always the best thing about the GT3.

Edited by jimichanga
  • Like 1

I want a Lotus with a porsche gt3 engine.

In a way the Emira (back on topic) with the ancient V6 is a bit naff really.  The only saving grace that all the youtubers/reviewers rave about with the Evora (on the engine front) is how good it sounds.  I may be in a minority, but I never found the V6 particularly exhilarating in my Evora 410

• Confused 1

Toyota V6 is a very good unit despite the sniffy comments it attracts but Porsche have been developing and racing flat 6s since the 60s and the current GT3/GT4RS could well be their best work to date. It is exceptional and an all time great NA unit up there among the likes of the 458 Speciale V8 and Lambo V10. However Toyota we’re willing to let Lotus use  Lexus LFA V10 in the new Esprit, unbelievable in itself but Dany Bahar chose to build a V8 instead before the whole plan imploded. Might be the most tragic loss of the whole Dany Bahar saga.

• Love 1

On 23/03/2022 at 15:45, scotty435 said:

Some members like to slate our German rivals but if we are honest they do make some fantastic cars. Lets hope the Emira and the Type 132 and all the future models can finally make inroads to there market share.

They also make some pretty unforgettable cars too if we are being honest.  Part of the issue is that some people are impervious to their faults and just swallow the whole vorsprung dick technique thing.

I'm not a fan of German cars per se, but I do appreciate for instance what Porsche does and achieves with it's GT cars, and I do value and appreciate what Porsche does at the club motorsport level for instance.  

• Like 1

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

Well.. If Porsche does a Touring Version of this without the silly wings, with a proper manual 6 speed (not the long gearing like the GTS), they would have killed the sports car market forever…  

As it is now, I would prefer an Emira over this every time. An not only because of the price… 😉

• Like 1
For the few who know the difference

• 3 weeks later...
  • Gold FFM

Great to hear if it’s not smoke & mirrors & actually makes it into production. However, even if the ‘on paper’ performance stats are comparable, the sublime NA GT3 engine will be the key difference.

• Like 1

This is what I get when I search for a GT480!

https://www.alexanders-direct.co.uk/roband-gt480-griddle-toaster-2-3kw

😁

to give Roband their due, the design is better resolved than the Cayman GT4 RS

🤣

Edited by Mctaff
  • Haha 2