Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
What made you 'Shake your Head' today? - Page 41 - General Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

What made you 'Shake your Head' today?

ramjet

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Remember how everyone was saying how great, honest and saintly this guy was? What did we miss?

https://news.sky.com/story/covid-adviser-professor-jason-leitch-denies-daily-purge-of-whatsapps-despite-pre-bed-ritual-message-13054447

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way. 

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

At least I never defended the failed dentist. A complete and utter bullshitting shyster as far as I was concerned.

Same goes for Fishface 😗

https://news.stv.tv/scotland/covid-bereaved-families-pile-pressure-on-jason-leitch-to-quit-after-whatsapp-revelations

Edited by Rambo

People like this are pure scum.

I sometimes think we had it right 500 years ago.

This despicable clown would have been marched in stocks through the streets so everyone could show him what a complete dick and scum bag they thought he was.

Social media has just done irreversible harm to society, I struggle to see any good in it.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-68080374

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way. 

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

Boy, 4, allowed to join Church of England school as a girl

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2024/01/26/four-year-old-boy-joins-church-school-as-girl/   behind paywall but can see the start.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2024/01/26/four-year-old-boy-joins-church-school-as-girl/

'is certainly unsuitable for primary school aged-children'

• Confused 1

If you turn javascript off for the page, you can view it just fine

image.png

• Like 1

• Gold FFM

Ummm the bbc new website seems to be utterly devoid of any information regarding Paris ? I’m puzzled as on other video platforms there’s a whole lot going on

Only here once

There is a lot going on there, farmers protesting the ever more stringent EU regulations. And protests turning violent, setting fire to cars and government buildings. It's spread to bhellgium/ Brussels as well, but so far still peaceful, luckily. We'll have to see if we can make it to the office tomorrow or not...

• Love 1

I have made many mistakes in my life. Buying a multiple Lotus is not one of them.

People who have migrated here, seem to be very good at "protesting", and often, with a quite vocal indigenous level of support, against our own values, behaviours and laws.

However, that same indigenous population seem unable, or unwilling, to really protest for itself, and is actually, quite passive. Strange.

• Like 1

The small print.

The hard woman Sturgeon demonstrating why she was kicked out of drama school, really crap at acting 😩, but excellent at lying!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, C8RKH said:

People who have migrated here, seem to be very good at "protesting", and often, with a quite vocal indigenous level of support, against our own values, behaviours and laws.

However, that same indigenous population seem unable, or unwilling, to really protest for itself, and is actually, quite passive. Strange.

Apparently the Irish are going to join in with this protest as well  

37 minutes ago, PaulCP said:

The hard woman Sturgeon demonstrating why she was kicked out of drama school, really crap at acting 😩, but excellent at lying!

A spider spinning its web, but she has been caught out several times.

• Like 2

The small print.

6 hours ago, PaulCP said:

Totally agree. She was kicked out of a Glasgow legal firm for incompetence prior to politics too.

Unusual for the BBC not to bury the facts...

"The suspect in an alkali attack in south London was convicted of a sex offence in 2018 and was later granted asylum."

Edited by 910Esprit

hope he resists arrest when they catch up with him and they shoot him dead..

did hear he was turned down twice and then granted asylum  on the third time.

if he is sent to prison for xx years - more costs for us tax payers.

was granted asylum on his say so that he had `converted` to christianity and therefore would be persecuted if we returned him to afghanistan

hindsight: the science that is never wrong

I'm so fed up that we allow, time and time again, scumbags to come here, stay here, and then we become unable to remove them. It is just not right that we then have to pay to support them too.

Seems like I am not the only one frustrated by this.

His asylum application was twice turned down - the second time was after he said he had converted to Christianity, meaning he would have been at risk if he returned to Afghanistan.

On his third attempt, a priest wrote a letter vouching for his conversion, and his asylum claim was granted.

This case is being pointed out by some in the Home Office as an example of the frustration they have with the asylum tribunal system, that people are granted asylum despite having convictions in the UK.

Current rules mean anyone sentenced to more than two years in prison is not eligible for asylum. In 2022, this was decreased to one year.

But then this comment really pisses me off. Those people who work with asylum seekers who think like this, well, why don't you invite them to stay in your house. On your street! 

However, those who work with asylum seekers point out you can still be at risk in your home country - and therefore a genuine refugee - even if you have a conviction in the UK.

If I recall correctly, plenty of countries have laws that say if you get a conviction, your residency and citizenship can be over turned. Why do we never be able to do that here? What makes it different in the UK?

The small print.

When we were fostering we we told if an asylum seeker is being sentenced and it's likely to go into the being sent home category the judge has to take that into account.😬

Another thing that should piss everyone off is the asylum seeker who is granted asylum - then immediately goes and has a holiday in the country that they have been granted asylum from. Is their asylum revoked - of course not.

• Like 1

WTF? You cannot be serious?

The small print.

Is it time we relooked at how we treat young offenders? Whether that be a 16 year old involved in County lines drug dealing or something worse like the below.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-manchester-68145441

The mother of Brianna Ghey said she had "never felt such grief" as her daughter's killers face sentencing.

Scarlett Jenkinson and Eddie Ratcliffe murdered the 16-year-old, who was transgender, after luring her to a park in Cheshire in February 2023.

Brianna was stabbed 28 times with the pair blaming each other for the murder.

Her mother Esther Ghey told the court she believed Jenkinson and Ratcliffe, who are now 16 years old, would always "pose a danger to society".

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

See that the church are stating the obvious, and trying to reject any involvement.

"It is the role of the Home Office, and not the Church, to vet asylum seekers and judge the merits of their individual cases."

1 hour ago, C8RKH said:

WTF? You cannot be serious?

Yup, absolutely serious - I know at least one person who has done this.

The initial problem is** that they come here for a legitimate reason - say a sports tour or work training course. Instead of being issued with a single entry visa covering the period in question, they get issued a six month multiple entry visa - WHY !!!!!!

So they come here and return to their country of origin, and then have 5+ months to come back in legitimately and claim asylum.

** This was certainly the case a few years ago, but may well have changed.

When my wife to be first visited here (2002/3) we came by Eurostar. Visa checked on arrival, nothing was checked on the way out - so how the hell they knew if she had left the country I have no idea.

• Sad 1