Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
What made you 'Shake your Head' today? - Page 53 - General Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

What made you 'Shake your Head' today?

ramjet

On 09/06/2024 at 09:12, LotusLeftLotusRight said:

Not just kids. My wife was at the O2 Liam Gallagher concert on Friday night. The plastered 40 something bloke standing next to her shat his pants. Not me by the way. £9 per pint there!

A friend of my wife's took her granddaughter to see Taylor Swift. A group of 4/5 middle aged woman were behind them, when she overheard them talking that they'd put kids nappies on, so they wouldn't need to go to the toilet during the concert. They were comparing the brands they were wearing - those push up nappy things.

WTAF?

I've given up on people. We don't deserve to breathe air any longer!

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

On 21/06/2024 at 17:55, NAC63 said:

Over payed w****rs 

They don't actually take a penny playing for England. For a long time now the players have always forfeit their match salaries for charity.

But then if you're talking about their club salaries, then yes, to an extent..

However, they're paid less than the top F1 drivers. Wanker golfers. Most American Sports players etc.

I read yesterday that Newey wanted £25m a year to go to Aston - and he just fields a pen and paper.....

21 hours ago, Bibs said:

The tarmac holds heat much better than air so the surface will be quite a bit hotter. That said, it's not a surprise being warm in the summer and this should be taken into account so I'd say that whoever renewed it did it to make a large profit rather than to do a good job. 

The tarmac in the desert, in the US, the middle east, etc copes just fine.

It was probably layed by Fergus McTarmac who rocked up at the Council office with a truckload of tarmac left over from a job, a cheeky smile, and a brown envelop the public officer could not resist.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone else getting fed up with the bullying tactics of the US?

The President label's himself "The Leader of the Free World" but that is such a joke. The US can be as bad as Russia, China, Iran or any other "dictatorship" when it comes to trying to control the narrative.

Hmmm, wonder what they're hiding at Diego Garcia. Of course, we all know....

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/articles/cxe2v2mdg7vo

• Like 1

The small print.

A new bridge was constructed over one of the busiest motorways in bhellgium. To avoid potential problems with permits, it was decided to keep it the same size as the previous bridge. Fair enough. But to be politically correct, more room had to be allocated to pedestrians and cyclist. Well, just to cyclists actually, pedestrians were forgotten and have to use the cyclepath...
The big problem however, is that because of this wide cyclepath, the road is narrower then before. Including the corners. Apparently nobody realised (or cared) the bridge is used by a lot of trucks to reach a nearby industrial estate. 2 trucks can't cross, except (just) on the short straight section. And even cars often have to back up to make room for oncoming trucks. A properly dangerous situation, with the limited visibility because of the slopes and turns. But it's all right now, they will put up signs to warn the road is narrow... FFS!

4e834073-3d2a-11ef-92ff-02b7b76bf47f.webp

For reference, the lanes on the motorway are 3.5m wide, those on the bridge barely 3m, which is not enough to allow an artic to navigate the corners. They should have shown a picture with a truck on this side, to show how it fills the lane and basically the entire bridge.

• Shock 1

I have made many mistakes in my life. Buying a multiple Lotus is not one of them.

@Escape and the ironic thing is, if that was built in the Uk the dipshit cyclists wouldn't use the cycle lane anyways as they are entitled and have a right to use the road!  🤔:wallbash:

The small print.

Not just in UK, there are several similar roads with a dedicated cycle lane where it is still quite common to see a mamil risking his life as a moving chicane on the road because surely that must be faster.

• Sad 1

I have made many mistakes in my life. Buying a multiple Lotus is not one of them.

Order placed and dispatched on Thursday, Royal Mail guaranteed next working day before 13:00 - so due today.

Royal Mail tracking site - collected today at 13:47.

1 hour ago, ChrisJ said:

Order placed and dispatched on Thursday, Royal Mail guaranteed next working day before 13:00 - so due today.

Royal Mail tracking site - collected today at 13:47.

that's nothing our special delivery, posted at a post office Oct 30th last year - still not got to London Paddington.

Another shake of the head is I now need to use the NHS app to re-order prescriptions. Won't let me as needs GP approval. OK, so go along to the GP fill a form in which states "I understand that there will be a minimum of 8 weeks for the GP to approve this", so as well as not wanting to see anyone face to face, they cannot be arsed to spend 5 minutes approving ME to reorder MY prescriptions.

I'll switch back to Pharmacy2U (who I have been using for years) if I ever get off temperature critical medication (insulin), didn't fancy trusting it to the Royal Mail, so can now go over the road to Boots to collect. I moved from Boots originally as they were crap at dispensing (they kept forgetting or losing the prescription)

Surely Pharmacy2u still needs the GP to have approved the repeat presriptions. I've lost count of the atempts to get the GP to renew the prescriptions, the GP practice just can't get their act together so each time it's a case of just a couple of repeats while they sort it, except it never gets sorted.

It isn't GP approval for the prescriptions but GP approval for me to be able to order them - which I cannot do so through the NHS app for 8 weeks until approved, whereas all my new prescriptions are on my Pharmacy2U account, and I just re-order with no issues. P2U deal with the GP.

• Gold FFM

8 Weeks!!!?  My pharmacy, which happens to be in the same building as my GP, now processes my requests and deals direct with the GP, no forms to fill but the online repeat request.

British Fart to Florida, Nude to New York, Dunce to Denmark, Numpty to Newfoundland.  And Shitfaced Silly Sod to Sweden.

29 minutes ago, andydclements said:

Pharmacy2u still needs the GP to have approved the repeat presriptions.

I use them, towards the end of my yearly script I send an email to my surgery (who are normally hopeless) but it normally gets back to Pharmacy2u in 3 days, so I get a message from them. I always allow at least 4 weeks overlap in my stock.

Have not had my yearly check-ups of 6 monthly blood tests for a couple of years. They are a waste of time anyway as they are with some nurse assistant who goes down a checklist and has the same questions each time.

I have to order my repeat prescriptions through the NHS app, and haven’t had any problems. My wife has awful trouble with it, though.

I gave up trying to see my GP some time ago. I now write a letter to him, and drop it off at the surgery.

Margate Exotics.

GP Practices are paid based on the number of patients they have on their lists. So guess what, the money grabbing bar stewards let as many patients register with them as they can possibly get. Then they complain they are over run  with appointments and over worked. Anyone else see the flaws in this plan?

Successive Governments, since 1950, have refused to step in and change the way GP services are delivered. However, they have stopped GPs from having to do so many things, which feels, these days, like also seeing patients. It's like they don't need an excuse NOT to see a patient.

The NHS needs more money everyone will cry. What utter total bollocks and shite. The NHS needs to be taken by the scruff of the neck, fiefdoms need to be torn down, ego's need to be crushed, and best practices in care delivery identified and enforced through a consistent roll out and monitoring. I think we'd be amazed at how much more productivity could be delivered. At the same time this would reduce the stress on NHS workers too.  No idea why it is so hard for Government and Politicians to not see that their constant tinkering and throwing of more money at the problem is not the answer. It hasn't worked for the past 75 years, so why would it work now?

The small print.

9 hours ago, mayevora said:

Cant beat Wetherspoons for free entertainment.

Well, you are in Devon after all.

I am sure that these "man/woman things", as you called them, do it on purpose to provoke a reaction so that they can then fein outrage, and cause a scene, that puts them front and centre of everyone's attention.

They're just painted face clowns, desperate for attention, and performing for the audience.

However, you can never condone violence, and personally I think the "wet" bloke would have been better off just pouring a pint of guinness over the pricks head, or, calling the police and have him arrested for assault, and a hate crime against a "straight" person. Now, seeing how the Police reacted to that would have been a laugh, I'm sure.

The small print.

^^ this exactly, all done to get attention. If they'd just go about their own business without trying to provoke, there would be far less problems to begin with.

Personally I wouldn't waste a pint of Guinness, or any other beverage, on an attention whore like that. Well, maybe Heineken, and only if I wasn't paying for it. 😄 

• Haha 1

Learning that the Labour government will be re-nationalising the railways, which will no doubt be funded by the good ole British taxpayer.

• Sad 2

Margate Exotics.

@Chillidoggy unusually for me, I'm going to withhold judgement to see how it goes.

Privatisation hasn't worked, but then nationalisation before that didn't really work, so let's see how modern nationalisation goes. 

If it goes well, we all win. If it goes to ratshit then hopefully it puts it to bed.

I'd be more interested in nationalisation of water.

The small print.

Well, I’m one of those who fail to see why my taxes should be used to get other people to work.

We only win if we don’t have to pay for it. I’m old enough to remember the dire British Railways. Filthy trains, crap food if you could get it, cancellations, and industrial unrest.

By far my favourite piece of graffiti from back then was a poster on Folkestone Central station platform celebrating the introduction of the new Inter City 125 trains. Some disillusioned passenger had written, “Now you can be late, quicker.” Summed it up nicely.

• Like 1

Margate Exotics.