Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Comms and Expectations - Page 3 - Emira Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Comms and Expectations

Woodman

Exactly why I passed on my FE V6 allocation... Dealer asked for my final spec last month and was going to take wife down to dealer to see the paint samples and was advised they don't have any.  Advisor at dealership said you can look at the online config or search for Fire Red Evoras to see the Magma Red color if you want.  Wife said "you are not getting this car they are not ready".

Lotus still has my deposit maybe hold out for the Base V6 if I can wait that long.  Wife is pushing me back towards Porsche... just can't stomach an ADM refuse to pay over MSRP so I wait.

Edited by CORKDSP

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Increasingly questioning whether I’ll go ahead with my July scheduled delivery.

In theory I could be getting a phone call asking for a hefty deposit in 2 weeks time and have had almost no extra information since the roadshow October.

The leaked stuff doesn’t do any favours as there’s nothing particularly impressive with what’s leaked, including the recent acceleration video (beyond seeing the colours).

Then there is the uncertainty of whether it’ll actually be delivered in July, so I can’t even make plans to use it until last week in August.

All adds up to a bit of a meh feeling.

Rant over. Anyone know if there will be any reviews of production cars out in the next fortnight?

• Like 2

• Gold FFM

"Acceleration video" = unknown spec car, unclear whether run in or properly warmed up, revs limited, driver not making an effort to quick shift

Top Gear review apparently due in June, but that's Harris driving the white prototype car seen at Anglesey several weeks ago, so not latest spec.  Catchpole spotted driving an Emira in France, so might be a review coming, but again won't be a production spec car.

No production cars built yet, so can't be any reviews of production cars for another 2-3 weeks at least.  Lotus already starting to contact July delivery batch to ask people to firm up delivery option and things like preferred agent and if you have a personal registration to be used.

9 hours ago, TomE said:

No production cars built yet

To be fair, they've built quite a few production cars now. They'll be going into the press fleet and as dealer demo's etc I'd imagine. :thumbup:

• Like 1
  • Love 1

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

So are they also going to the driving academy?

• Like 1

• Gold FFM
2 hours ago, Bibs said:

To be fair, they've built quite a few production cars now. They'll be going into the press fleet and as dealer demo's etc I'd imagine. :thumbup:

Folks doing the factory tour are being told there are no fully production spec cars built yet.  Production hall has been quiet this week apparently, most people doing training and setup.

4 hours ago, Bibs said:

Yes I saw that , my query was if they will be the fully production version, and not the ones that was saw pics a couple of weeks ago. Or the ones that @TomE refers to.

8 hours ago, Bibs said:

I’d also heard that there maybe some press / SM folks with cars now. What cars (production or pre production) I don’t know. But given the angst in the previous TG and other reviews a month or so ago to emphasise they weren’t production cars, I struggle to think Lotus would do the same again, so close to the delivery of production cars.

In any case, at least some random people will be able to give their opinion about the Emira on or after 22 June at a LDA day…perhaps weeks or more before anyone who has already paid the full deposit and will actually buy one will have the privilege.

Re calls about delivery options, had that a while back. Just waiting for the final call as I understand it, to have the pleasure of handing over some cash…

I had a call today from a rather bored sounding female who asked me a few questions, some of which had been asked previously such as preferred agent, preferred delivery option and a new question on whether I wanted to assign a personal plate to the car.  She finished by saying that I would get another call in a few weeks.  I expect they'll be after more money following the next call.  At least that'll feel like another step closer to actually getting the car.

On 17/05/2022 at 12:58, NotSoQuick said:

Rant over. Anyone know if there will be any reviews of production cars out in the next fortnight?

Looks like the journos are out testing this week. Embargo lifted 7th June so three weeks before we see anything online/in print I guess.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, jimichanga said:

What is anyone expecting it to do over and above an Evora?

look pretty, and be cheaper

Cannot see any other reason for the V6 to be so popular (measured by deposits) compared to the Evora

1 hour ago, simonb said:

Cannot see any other reason for the V6 to be so popular (measured by deposits) compared to the Evora

Time will tell. An awful lot of Lotus (not necessarily Emira) marketing over the past 2 years surrounding the "future" models, but then on launch the Evora did well too. Hence, time will tell.

Interestingly, the one thing I think this marketing has done is to raise awareness of the Brand, and you could argue the Evora is more sort after now than ever....

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

• 3 weeks later...

It’s now quite a while since the mid April    ‘in the coming weeks we will contact you’    email. 
The reviews apart from the evo outlier ( who compared it to a car that a mere mortal is unable to purchase from new) are pretty much as expected. Harry has also confirmed that the touring setup is the one for old farts like me,  
 SO LOTUS contact me and give me a delivery date…..please

PS it would be nice to see some real pics or videos of dark verdant

• Gold FFM

Those of us with July deliveries should be contacted in the next 2-3 weeks about finalising orders, trade ins, finance, balance payment, delivery location and dates.

• Like 1

On 12/05/2022 at 10:53, Porter said:

feels like a Kickstarter campaign that might not deliver, and it absolutely shouldn't feel that way when purchasing a near-$100k product from a global brand.

Great analogy. The emotional buyers, like myself, were fully prepared, and still are, to get and thoroughly enjoy the car, but the ones looking for perfection and profit may well slip away.

10 hours ago, Abgreenbank said:

PS it would be nice to see some real pics or videos of dark verdant

Agreed - we have now seen a lot of most of the other colours.

If it has an engine, I am there to thrash it.

My Emira Videos  |  Into Motorcycles? Motorcycle Channel

still no pictures of all the colours ? 

also does anyone have any realistic idea when the base car configuration / costs / options will go live ?

construction and property consultants : My company

• Gold FFM

Lotus said September for the Base Edition pricing and options when they announced the i4 FE pricing in March.

Yeah, given how things have gone, I not expect a few more people than expected to move to i4, thereby waiting a bit, especially if they all go straight to the front of the queue.

This won't matter to Lotus - they will still sell every V6 they wish to make.

If it has an engine, I am there to thrash it.

My Emira Videos  |  Into Motorcycles? Motorcycle Channel