Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Gold Nugget 1981 Elite S2.2 - Projects & Restorations - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Gold Nugget 1981 Elite S2.2

Great looking car,  did you change the steering wheel, I switched the original one on my S2 to a smaller one as it felt over powered with the original.

And what a tally of Lotus cars you have had.

No it’s the wheel it came with, suede and feels rather nice to use, I have never really liked the original S2 steering wheel and often change them for a Excel wheel but they are becoming rarer by the day, it’s the one thing that will upset the purists but I am not one of that breed, not that there is anything wrong with the purist mentality, I know quite a few of them😁

• Like 1

+1 for WOW!

How on earth do you keep finding these gems?

PS, your washer bottle needs topping up :) 

It's getting there......

Hard work, diligence and sometimes pure chance and bit of good fortune, purchased this one last year within an hour of it being advertised, always wanted a gold Elite, my first one in that colour.

Well spotted on the washer bottle, you must behave as I do, zoom in on each picture and spot every nuance, it’s called find the flaws, bit like finding Wally I suppose.

Here is a bit of a teaser, hidden in plain site is something of interest which will be revealed at a later date, say no more, mums the word😉

10 hours ago, LotusElan17 said:

Here is a bit of a teaser, hidden in plain site is something of interest which will be revealed at a later date, say no more, mums the word😉

S1 alloys on an S2 car ?

No, the Elite S2 had the GKN alloys as standard with the Speedline alloys as an optional extra, so this is factory spec, all S2 Eclat had the Speedlines, I love the look of both so wouldn’t change them, the teaser isn’t on the Elite.

My elite s2 had Speedlines, preferred them over the GKN originals.

Looks like a Porsche  in the background.

Good guess but you are not right, that is a Z4 Coupe, not really hidden in plain sight (not site as in typo), no the teaser is Lotus related.

Just completed the re-commissioning process, new cambelt, tensioner bearing, aux belt, otter switch, thermostat, hoses, rewired the engine bay loom to remove defunct alarm and hot wired fans, Evans waterless coolant, checked valve clearances, compressions, new plugs, timing adjusted, carbs rebuilt, new fuel filters ( I use three, confuses the hell out of people, god knows why), new fuel lines E10 compatible (not that I would ever use E10), new oil and filter, new air filter, brake fluid flushed, new pads and shoes, UJs inspected and greased, wheel bearings inspected, suspension and bushes inspected, diff oil drained and replenished, gearbox oil drained and replenished, etc. That’s just the mechanical side.

Edited by LotusElan17
Additional info
  • Like 1
  • Love 1

27 minutes ago, exeterjeep said:

elite s2 had Speedlines, preferred them over the GKN originals.

I like both but the GKN are perhaps my favourite alloy wheel on any car, any time.

Justin

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Surprised that no one noticed that there are two Lotuses in this picture, hidden in plain sight is a blue Eclat, so obvious when pointed out😉

C3BD5EAC-0C24-4BBD-B000-95220A8BE7E0.jpeg

42 minutes ago, TAR said:

Nice, but I couldn't see it in the original pictures? :) 

Just above the bottom right corner of the tailgate🤓

• Haha 1