Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
My Emira has arrived! - Page 3 - Emira Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

My Emira has arrived!

hml_xy

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Yes, @LotusLeftLotusRighterr sort of 🙄 Saw one in the factory (flat red colour) very nice, but being worked on so not driven and there was another clad in an Evora shell which was driving through factory grounds. My guess they’ll be all out in time for Christmas “23”

• Gold FFM
22 hours ago, Rambo said:

Am I right in thinking this is fast becoming an almighty shambles?

Fast?  It's been a year now since the post-Goodwood dealer roadshows and the first post-deposit comms with deposit holders about specs and preferences.  Some deposit holders have had only 3 generic emails in 15 months.

Lotus has recently posted new sets of images of half the First Edition colours (still not Dark Verdant!) - photos we were promised last October were "coming soon".  You can understand the cynicism amongst some deposit holders that "soon" in Lotus language can mean anything from tomorrow to 12 months from now, but more likely "later" than "sooner".

22 hours ago, RapidLotus said:

How many cars did Lotus say they would make a day once production started?  How many a year were they going to produce total?  I'm told I am pretty good at math (I am an engineer) but the numbers of cars being delivered don't match the published estimates, not even close.  

image.png.6882d53c724de9ede8d3721a99ce37cf.png

The plan was 25 per day, 100 per week, 4,800 per year on one shift, rising to 7,500 on two shifts.

I think less than 20 customer cars have been delivered so far, all LHD in Europe.  I heard recent rumours of 50-150 in October and maybe 300 in November

• Gold FFM
12 hours ago, LotusLeftLotusRight said:

Has anyone seen/heard a prototype I4 Emira actually being driven, even on YouTube? I don’t mean the one fitted with the electric motor to get itself from transporter to showroom and back.

Yes, I've seen half a dozen pre-prod cars in the assembly hall, a couple being driven around the Hethel site and have seen spyshots of 2-3 pre-prod cars in UK and Europe on public roads near industry test facilities.

The "sometime in 2023" I have in the last (generic) email for my i4 is a little frustrating.  Will be interesting to see what happens when the base configurator is released.

If I get the choice of more colours and a £8K saving for a good dynamic / low toy specification that would be a tempting choice (so £7k in options)

19 hours ago, TomE said:

I think less than 20 customer cars have been delivered so far, all LHD in Europe.  I heard recent rumours of 50-150 in October and maybe 300 in November

It will be interesting if those numbers are true. Assuming they are planned delivery numbers and not the amount of cars they will build in that month, I think it’s looking more likely that I won’t get my car in November. Deposit placed on the 8th July. The SVR F-type I have saved on autotrader is quickly becoming a more attractive proposition (and 30k less). 

• Gold FFM

Monkey mail?

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

• 3 weeks later...
On 03/10/2022 at 20:06, TomE said:

Fast?  It's been a year now since the post-Goodwood dealer roadshows and the first post-deposit comms with deposit holders about specs and preferences.  Some deposit holders have had only 3 generic emails in 15 months.

Lotus has recently posted new sets of images of half the First Edition colours (still not Dark Verdant!) - photos we were promised last October were "coming soon".  You can understand the cynicism amongst some deposit holders that "soon" in Lotus language can mean anything from tomorrow to 12 months from now, but more likely "later" than "sooner".

The plan was 25 per day, 100 per week, 4,800 per year on one shift, rising to 7,500 on two shifts.

I think lotus maybe publishing a picture of a DV car. Soon…

Thanks everybody for the kind words! It was a (sub-4000rpm) blast 😅 - everybody who has one on order can definitely look forward to it. In the best possible way it's a "modern Evora".  The goal to speak to a wider audience than the predecessor has definitely been achieved.

I really wonder if the press cars had the "old" gearbox in them because this one is definitely better than what I know from the previous generation. Yes, the gearbox howl is still there (maybe even more than on my Evora?) but the gearshift is definitely tweaked and slicker. For example many of you will know that 1st was sometimes a bit hard to get into - none of that on the Emira! Also less force to put the gears in but in return a "cleaner" shift. 

And the steering wheel being chunky... yes, it is very chunky when you place your hands in the 9:00 & 3:00 o'clock positions. But if you do it "right" and put them at 10:00 and 2:00 o'clock it's not too chunky. But yes, I would also prefer a round wheel a bit more.

Power wise I can't really say much after just 200km and no hard accelerations yet but first impression is you feel the difference in weight to the Evora GT430. 

Ride quality and steering / brake feel are definitely class leading in my opinion - just like Gav said ... "a true Lotus".

Quirks: 

1) Parking sensor behaves like on a modern Aston Martin Vantage - often just turns itself on at a traffic light and starts beeping for no reason. Same part supplier like Aston or a software glitch?

2) The fuel filler opening has a self-closing latch which takes a good bit of force to press open. This has caused a quite a spillage of Shell finest V-Power at the station. Seems I have to work on my technique to accomodate 😅

• Like 2

• Gold FFM

Great to read your detailed feedback Heiner and particularly your comparisons to the Evora.

I think the reason it sounds better from the right seat is you're hearing more induction noise from the right side intake.  I noticed it passengering in a LHD press car and factory staff confirmed.