Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
24 Hours In Police Custody, C4, Mon 28 Nov 2100 - Page 3 - General Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

24 Hours In Police Custody, C4, Mon 28 Nov 2100

Sparky

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Gold FFM

You and many thousands of others!  My daughter and son-in-law are absolutely exhausted with the attention from the backlash.  It's incredible.

British Fart to Florida, Nude to New York, Dunce to Denmark, Numpty to Newfoundland.  And Shitfaced Silly Sod to Sweden.

Everyone can see the goal of the gofundme and they're still donating. The cash is compensation for what they've all been through and some financial light at the end of the tunnel. I'd say hold onto it in case the scumbags claim needs future defending and if it doesn't, use it to make up for what they've been through and spend it on them and their kids, that's what people are donating for. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

3 hours ago, Sparky said:

Still climbing, now over £132k.  Lindsay and Adam are finding it very difficult to cope with that media hype.  It seems the story has catalysed nationwide debate about the state of our justice system and our underfunded police service; I hope these debates will continue, but I know all too well how this goes in fickle modern society.

Lindsay, especially, is experiencing a sort of guilt over the money, as it's now way in excess of the hard cash they lost.  One could argue that the remainder is compensation for the next couple of years of depressed earnings for Adam, but they're almost feeling like charlatans at this point.  Scott Tulloch (what a guy) has handed the GoFundMe reins to Lindsay, but she's really struggling with the concept of hitting the 'Cash Out' button.

I believe there'll be a statement from Lindsay and Adam later detailing their intention to earmark any further GoFundMe donations for a charity in some way related to their situation.  Lindsay feels that would be an honourable exit, and we agree.

Just reading that I was thinking "Charity" maybe a charity that helps rehabilitate people after they come out or one that helps families of those incarcerated? @Sparky

• Like 1

Possibly save your life. Check out this website.
http://everyman-campaign.org/

Stop me and buy one!!

• Gold FFM

Maybe don't go and buy a flash new car, but they 100% deserve it and the British Public who have restored my faith in humanity by the way, will want them to have it other wise they wouldn't keep donating after the 50k was reached. 

College fund for the kids, and little less to worry about moving forward and I don't think anyone would begrudge them a f&^king lovely holiday with the kids.

BTW I have a couple of decent electrical jobs coming up in Herts next year, we can have a chat on Saturday 

• Love 1

• Gold FFM

Adam could set up his own business maybe?

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

It's so nice to see all the support they are getting though @Sparky

Donating some of the money to charity is a nice gesture but they also need to ensure they can back on their feet after such an unexpected blow.

Wishing them all the best and thinking of the parents too 😉

In the meantime, enjoy tomorrow. Sorry I can't be there but I imagine your ear will be chewed off on this topic. You may want to set some ground rules so you can peacefully ease yourself into a drunken state 😁

• Thanks 1

Long time Lotus admirer, recent owner

https://www.facebook.com/UKCopHumour/

Look for the post: 

"24 Hours in Police Custody last night...

What do we think? "

And you will see what Police Officers and Support Staff think.

• Like 1

Possibly save your life. Check out this website.
http://everyman-campaign.org/

Stop me and buy one!!

• Gold FFM

It really is astounding.  The anger across the country is a barometer that the authorities shouldn't take lightly.  I don't recall seeing such anger on social media.  Adam is also angry, naturally, and wants public opinion to continue to grow.  Lindsay has pretty much had enough as she's being hounded by media even at her workplace; as a funeral director, she's finding this difficult and distasteful.  BBC and ITV want them on their shows (Adam is quite interested in meeting Holly).

Latest word is that the civil case against Adam will be lodged soon, and he will definitely lose.  Looks like his insurer will pick up the tab though.  To continue with the case, the criminals will massively increase their exposure and risk of prosecution for other offences, but it seems they're excited about winning big numbers.  They are currently deleting incriminating/compromising media from various platforms.  Fortunately lots of copies have been made recently.

British Fart to Florida, Nude to New York, Dunce to Denmark, Numpty to Newfoundland.  And Shitfaced Silly Sod to Sweden.

• Gold FFM

@Sparkythey will indeed win their case since it’s irrefutable given the criminal case.

however - they shouldn’t get too excited - since the payout will be greatly reduced due to it frankly being as a direct result of their actions.

I would encourage Adam to engage with the media as much as he can - he’s a chap whom comes across as a thoroughly decent chap - the media being behind him even more will increase the pressure on the civil suit. The judiciary simply cannot afford the wrong message to get out as the implications are far reaching indeed. The case absolutely has to be high profile and extensively covered.

• Like 1

Only here once

• Gold FFM

Adam's all for keeping the plates spinning; he's still bloody angry.  Lindsay will leverage it sensibly and quietly if I know her.  Personally I hope they get a move on with the civil case whilst public opinion is running high.

• Like 2

• Gold FFM
4 hours ago, Barrykearley said:

@Sparkythey will indeed win their case since it’s irrefutable given the criminal case.

however - they shouldn’t get too excited - since the payout will be greatly reduced due to it frankly being as a direct result of their actions.

I would encourage Adam to engage with the media as much as he can - he’s a chap whom comes across as a thoroughly decent chap - the media being behind him even more will increase the pressure on the civil suit. The judiciary simply cannot afford the wrong message to get out as the implications are far reaching indeed. The case absolutely has to be high profile and extensively covered.

It would be kinda funny if the crims get any money they receive taken away from them as it's considered gains from criminal activity.

On the other hand it could set a precedent - more scum will attempt more crime with the notion that if attacked at harmed in the process they will get a pay out either way. With the cost of living crisis more people are becoming desperate and turning to more illegal means and the policing and judiciary system at the moment just isn't worthy or capable to provide an adequate deterrent.

• Like 1

Signature not working...

• Gold FFM

There was a guy in WA who broke into, sorry attempted to break into a house via a glass door. A piece of glass fell from the top of the door after he smashed it and severed the artery in his arm. He made it about 500 metres before collapsing on the ground and dying.

His family then filed to sue, no idea of the outcome, the home owner as he had not taken enough care to ensure that while their son was breaking in, that he would not be harmed in the process.

• Confused 2

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

Sadly those kind of stories no longer really surprise me... Such a brave new world we live in.

I have made many mistakes in my life. Buying a multiple Lotus is not one of them.