Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
New to the Lotus Tribe - Evora Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

New to the Lotus Tribe

WillboBaggins

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Gold FFM

As was said to me, welcome to the family Wilbo (OK they didn't call me Wilbo). You'll find this a welcoming and helpful forum, I'm sure.

They are known to be reliable overall and with only 10k on the clock it isn't even run in properly so get out there and drive it :). Can't think of anything you would need to keep an eye out for, as with any car odds and ends can happen but nothing drastic.

I'm sure others with newer models can comment on what the head unit is like and whether there is a worthwhile upgrade out there. Outside of that enjoy many trouble free miles, I'm sure you will!

Oh, and post pictures!

Welcome.

Now you've found the best kept secret in the automotive world, you'll just need to watch out for obsessive behaviour towards your car. 

Warm it up on every start up, 10 minutes or so to allow the oil to get to temp. And then rev the nuts off it. 😃

Justin

• Like 1

there is a blue LED on the dash, in part of the rev counter display - must have been introduced with the 400 (my 430 has a 400 owners manual, plus a separate 430 supplement.). My previous S had a normal temp gauge. 

If it goes red, then it must be time to put the heater/.fans on and investigate. It would also come up with an engine temp message as well. Manual says reduce speed until temp reduces. 

I'd rather see a proper gauge so could see what was happening.

• Like 1

Welcome.  I only came into Evora ownership around a year ago and absolutely love mine.

My comments -

Always use good fuel (98 or higher)

Get to understand how varying tyre pressures changes the feel.  Not sure about the GT but on the 400 the handbook suggests them quite low.

there are a few threads on here somewhere about setting up the sound. It’s a detailed exercise - worth doing.  Note that certain settings can only be changed with the handbrake on.

The exhaust button on the dash works as a good alternative though. You won’t care about the radio when the valve is open.

Get used to the quirks about opening fuel flap and boot. You have to unlock the doors before turning off the engine to use the remote fuel flap switch etc.

Get used to saying “thanks mate” when people compliment your car 😉

@Phaeton91 I wish I could get 98 around here! Best we have is 93, still pretty solid though. My biggest problem, if you wanna call it that, is the radio just straight up isn’t working. From what I’ve read there are a lot of good replacement options but if that’s my only gripe so far? I’m doing good 😁

Also….anyone know where I can get a pdf of the owners manual? Just doing some quick poking and can’t find one in here 

• Gold FFM

Welcome to TLF @WillboBaggins :welcome:

No owners manual in the car then? What colour etc?

You should duck over to the Introductions area and say hi in there as well.

Any questions or issues with using the forums, feel free to ask one of us mods. We're here to help. :) 

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

Try the lotus talk forum which is in the US.  I think I recall seeing a thread on there about pdf owners manuals but I have a paper one so didn’t explore further.

I’m guessing you’re not in the UK.  I don’t think I’ve ever seen 93 here - lowest is 95 which I wouldn’t use.  Not being facetious but you might want to check the owners manual when you find one about recommended fuel grades - mine (Evora 400) definitely recommends premium fuel so you might need to think about additives in case it affects engine.

• 2 months later...

Welcome to the Evora club. Only thing I would say is if your car is still fitted with the Cup2 tires, then put some cash aside for a new set as they don't last long. I only managed to get just over 3k miles out of mine. Bloody great tire though, just not so good in the wet or damp conditions. Changed the Cup2 for Pilot Sport4S

I changed out the sub for a Hertz one and the door speakers for Focal speakers plus a cheap but better amp than the standard Alpine unit. No need to change the head unit as the speakers + amp make a hell of a difference.

Enjoy the car.......pics please.