Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
New Member - Lotus Esprit S2.2 1980 OPW656W - Esprit 'Project & Restoration' Room - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

New Member - Lotus Esprit S2.2 1980 OPW656W

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Welcome James, lovely car!

I have made many mistakes in my life. Buying a multiple Lotus is not one of them.

GREAT car!

14 hours ago, james_esprit said:

have enjoyed the restoration albeit much more expensive than I expected... !!!

Is that your wallet on the passenger seat in the first interior pic? 😬

Careful, Esprits will suck the money right out if you keep it so easily accessible. 😅

• Haha 1

Atwell Haines

'88 Esprit

Succasunna, NJ USA

Looks very nice James,  keep up the great work.

The more the merrier :yes:

59 minutes ago, Djs44 said:

Lovely looking car - pictures at Arthur's Seat ?

Your front indicators / side lights are the wrong way round - indicator should be on the inside .... or should they :) 

Good spot. I don't think the S2.2 was any different from the earlier series.

23 hours ago, Matt-watts said:

All s2.2 have the bumper lamps the other way round to early cars. James your car is correct, please don't change it !

20180623_130459.jpg

All Lotus's have something the same - don't believe it !! 

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

Hi James,

Currently looking to get a set of tyres for my esprit s2.  What are the radial t/a tyres sizes on your car?

How are they in terms of usage?

Vin Taylor

• 6 months later...

That's a lovely car James! I'd fit a proper airbox and fresh air trunking in place of the aftermarket kit, agree that the wheels colour might do with a change, otherwise just marvelous! Might I trouble you to have a look for steel straps connecting the hatch aperture bodywork from just below the gas strut attachment downward to the wheelarch facing? My early S2 was so equipped but I suspect Lotus may have deleted them further on in the series.

Cheers

Hi Steve, 

Nice to meet you!

I still have the airbox and might put it back on.. Sadly the car hasn't been running much recently. The handbrake keeps locking on the disk and I'm fed up sending it back and forward. Think I'll get it out the bubble in March to start tinkering and get those wheels changed!

I will however look for the latches.. I don't seem to remember them!

Thanks James. These things I describe are in fact support straps, rather than latches, and about 2+ inches broad in light steel plate. There are 2 holes in the bodywork, 6 or 8mm diameter in size, for each of the upper and lower ends. I suppose the thinking was that sharing vertical loads between the bodywork aft of the quarter window and the wheelarch would be desired.

I look forward to your reports over the months ahead!

Cheers

• Like 1