Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Gearshift linkage adjustment - Page 2 - Gearchange/Gearbox/Clutch - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Gearshift linkage adjustment

hspeck

On 20/02/2023 at 18:39, Escape said:

Yeah, the Jag is a great tourer. But so is the Esprit. It might sound contra-intuitive, but the more involving drive in the Esprit actually means I suffer less from fatigue on a long drive than in the Jag. No doubt the refurbished seats in the Esprit also help.

I just got my XJ-SC out yesterday for the first drive after winter. The V12 is guaranteed to make you grin. The stop for fuel not so much. 😁

Haven't had a long drive in the jag yet.. Should do one soon.. 

The V12 is great, no the fuel consumption indeed.. Haha

On 20/02/2023 at 22:46, Sparky said:

That's the wrong bolt in the mounting, interfering with and slightly deviating the RH cable.  It should be dome-headed to aid clearance.

I don't know which bolt you arr referring to Sparky.. Can you indicate it in the picture.? 

Thank you. 

Screenshot_20230222_092918_com.huawei.himovie.overseas.jpg

The upper bolt of the LH gearbox mount (top center in the picture). You can see the hex head touching the cable, which is why there should be a bolt with a rounded allen head, to avoid rubbing through the cable sleeve.

I have made many mistakes in my life. Buying a multiple Lotus is not one of them.

Has anyone mentioned the two blobs of white paint on the mounting bracket, and the two white blobs of paint on one cable? When did they appear-before removal of them initially as an aide de memoir to refitting?

• Like 2

6 hours ago, LotuStuart said:

Has anyone mentioned the two blobs of white paint on the mounting bracket, and the two white blobs of paint on one cable? When did they appear-before removal of them initially as an aide de memoir to refitting?

Now that is sharp!!!