Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
2023 and new beginnings….. what next. - Page 5 - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

2023 and new beginnings….. what next.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Well done you 

• Thanks 1

Darryl & Sue

Proud to drive and own since new a true British supercar the Evora GT430

• Gold FFM

More progress this morning. The rear hatch is now bolted onto the car.

There’s a spare lump of wiring loom by the drivers side headlight - I’ve no idea what it’s for. The windscreen wiper needs refitting but I’m sure there’s a shim or something missing from the pantograph bit - but looking on deroure it appears not - I wonder if it’s got a later arm.

IMG_3685.jpeg.fef13fa759c7368d37d9f1adc8322e29.jpegIMG_3684.jpeg.6edce65acf85510d0e5a1105da14693c.jpeg

got interrupted by Don and him wishing to tidy some stuff to make space for a tractor so that’s taken a couple of hours up. 

IMG_3686.jpeg.8555500cd8ef32db5abf43934ee3b045.jpeg

• Like 1

Only here once

Looking great Barry….really great work!👏🏻👏🏻

It’s like the Mediterranean twin of mine!😉😎

• Like 1

• Gold FFM

Nah @stephenwhyte she’s a diamond in the rough. The rear deck needs a sympathetic paint repair but that’s about as far as I’m gonna go with the bodywork. 

• Like 2

Only here once

• Gold FFM

It’s a love it or hate it car chaps - I’m afraid it’s likely she will stay just as she is.

this evening I even fitted a stereo unit to it. Roll on the SJ delivery Monday and it’s mot time.

• Like 1

Only here once

Generally looking great Barry - and normally I'm not really a fan of chops but its deffo grown on me as your project has come together.  But why the single exit exhaust? Looks wrong to me - too puny for the car.

• Like 1

Loving Lionel and Eleanor......missing Charlie and Sonny

• Gold FFM

Good spot @MPx. The exhaust is a  2.5” stainless set up that was knocked up. It’s significantly more flowing than the old unit that did indeed have two small tips. Only time will tell if it’s ok or not but it does sound fab.

• Like 2

Only here once

Well, ducktail or not it's a damn cool thing whichever way you look at it 👍

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Not worth starting anything now...🍺

• Gold FFM

Many folks hate it @eeyoreish 😂 - I’ve no idea where I am with it tbh. I simply could not pass up the opportunity to buy it.

• Haha 1

Only here once

• Gold FFM

Tackled the one dash speaker behind the pod. Swapped the speaker over but have sacked off the refitting of the pod today as I can’t be arsed

IMG_3729.jpeg.eda281e3889612c6b1dc7a730d8c6846.jpeg

the stereo is just a cheap car play unit and I have to say it really is impressive for £30🤣 - popped off the silver trims and sprayed them satin black.

IMG_3706.jpeg.f894db9f405681d324aca9b20e013da9.jpeg

• Like 1

Only here once

Wow not much metal holding that speaker in place 

• Like 1

Darryl & Sue

Proud to drive and own since new a true British supercar the Evora GT430

I think that speaker would have been on your face at the first traffic light Grand Prix 🤕

• Haha 1

Not worth starting anything now...🍺

• Gold FFM

Ignition switch arrived Yesterday and what I thought would be plain sailing was not.

the barrel simply didn’t line up no matter what I did. So the key way was removed and a fixing tapped out to allow fixing into the back of the mechanism. The switch itself, or maybe the car, was helpfully wired wrong so that needed some wires swapping round.

Dash all bolted back in after the speaker swap - what a vile job that was. 

Now as much as the clutch works with the wheels off the ground - when she’s on the deck it simply doesn’t. So new master and slave cylinder ordered as frankly I really should have replaced them right at the start of this process.

Only here once

• 3 weeks later...

Actually @Barrykearley, that looks a million dollars. Reminds me of a Lambo Jalpa

• Like 1

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way. 

• Gold FFM

She is now in Hereford at a motorsport place that have a set of rollers and an old school chap whom should be able to set up the carbs.

She drove surprisingly lovely - but she defo needs a tweak.

IMG_3915.jpeg.a7c2ac6c2939354ca3ef6a510c0a399c.jpeg

Only here once