Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Evora cruise control - do you use it? (split from Evora Market Watch) - Page 2 - Evora Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Evora cruise control - do you use it? (split from Evora Market Watch)

Cdm2018

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

No, that would be excessive. Let it flow....

• Like 1

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way. 

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

• Gold FFM

Yes to cruise control here too. Easy for average speed limits (tons of them near me) and if I'm going further, a couple of hours or more, it takes the load off having to hold your foot at the same angle for hours on end.

I'm even going to rock the boat and say for it's purpose, the radar cruise control is superb in an automatic for stop start traffic. It will just follow the car ahead, I quite liked it for those endless motorway queues.

At that point you're far away from driving though, you're just getting from A-B. I would be unlikely to use even traditional cruise control on a road trip in convoy. It feels somehow 'not in the spirit'.

Edited by Niffty951
  • Like 1

I'm even going to rock the boat and say for it's purpose, the radar cruise control is superb in an automatic for stop start traffic. It will just follow the car ahead, I quite liked it for those endless motorway queues.

Radar cruise control? Put the cars on rails and call it a train.

I agree active +auto in traffic is good.

If you want a laugh when overtaking a car with active on the motorway cut it a little sooner in front and watch the drivers face in your mirror as his car brakes "for no reason" and the gap between widens quickly 👹

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way. 

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

43 minutes ago, Bruss said:

I'm even going to rock the boat and say for it's purpose, the radar cruise control is superb in an automatic for stop start traffic.

Used mine for this only yesterday, it makes for a relaxing drive when stuck in traffic! 

@C8RKH, I tihnk that it knows if a car in front is getting smaller or larger - If I pull out behind a car that's just overtaken me within the cruise distance it likes to maintain, it won't slow down to set the gap but allow the other car to drive away to set it. Same if someone pulls in front of me. If they are still going faster, it'll ignore them but if they are going slower it will brake (and I'll extend a middle finger!). 

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

Ah, but little buggers like me take our foot off the accelerator...

It's my little revenge on middle lane hoggers.

• Haha 1

The small print.

I use cruise all of the time on the motorway. Although I actually find the Evora system quite frustrating as it doesn't have an 'engaged' indicator, and if you do re-engage it when you are at or slightly over the set speed it doesn't smoothly take over, it will drop 3-4mph fairly quickly, bimble for a bit and then climb back up again - which makes you think it's not engaged itself properly...

The typical Japanese layout with set being the "+" and resume being the "-" also seems a bit more logical to me - and would have probably freed up space for steering wheel audio controls as cruise could be on one side and audio on the other..

• Gold FFM

Yeah it's really annoying when you aren't sure if it's taken over and then it just starts slowing down. It's a bit distracting at times. Fine once it's up and running bit doesn't behave as you expect all the time.

I also find it randomly decides if it's going to re-engage or just not bother after you have 'overridden it' with the throttle. Which can also lead to you randomly slowing down and having to speed up again.

I only use it in the Evora when driving abroad, I find the motorways here (M25) has way to many cars on them to be able to use CC. Plus I can't for the life of me work out why Lotus did make the CC buttons illuminate when the lights are on.

Roy  

• Gold FFM

My God, cruise control is essential on French autoroutes. Very good point. They are largely empty and lane discipline is great. You can just cruise for miles.

Australian roads they are a must so is the WAZE app. The Cruise control on my 400 isn't the best as it gets confused and the car gets faster going up hill.