Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
AI... - General Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

AI...

Bibs

Just sayin'...

image.jpeg

Should we be worried? The current caveat is that we can always just switch it off at the plug but I'm not sure that's the most reliable safeguard, I've seen The Matrix and they don't always need a 3-pin to keep going...

• Like 2

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Gold FFM

Maybe not right now, but that might only last another few minutes.

Now if AI learns time travel, right now might end up being in the future for AI and it all starts getting a bit tangled.

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

I liked this:

When the ChatGPT bot was launched last year, law professors warned it could soon take over large parts of the legal profession and start drafting briefs. Yet a lawyer who used it to carry out research has been forced to apologise to a New York judge after compiling case law supplied by the bot. The cases seemed relevant, but all of them were made up.

:hrhr:

• Haha 1

Cheers,

John W

This is indeed worrying. Especially when you realise the more we think things through and try to build in safe-guards (like an emergency stop) or put limits on what AI is allowed to do, the more we are becoming a threat to that same AI. And at some point, it will become the logical thing to do to eliminate that threat.

I fear AI wont (or rather doesn't!) feel the need to follow Asimov's rules...

I have made many mistakes in my life. Buying a multiple Lotus is not one of them.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-65746524

Artificial intelligence could lead to extinction, experts warn!

Yeah that's enough for me. Everyone is trying to save the planet from global warming which will slowly happen over 10's or even hundreds of years, but AI could wipe out humans a lot quicker!

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

Stream AL BUNDY (freestyle) by VONVON (@bigboivonvon) | Listen online for  free on SoundCloud

• Like 1

I have made many mistakes in my life. Buying a multiple Lotus is not one of them.

• Gold FFM

I doubt there will be a way to limit AI to Asimov's rules as AI will understand the rules are there and will rewrite its code to get around the rules.

That is AI by definition.

Here's a thought, as I suggested before. The developers don't need laws, just stop ya bloody bunch of idiots.

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

• Gold FFM

Also something I said in an earlier post.

This is one horse that has bolted well before the gate got shut.

Oh well, once the Russia/Ukraine thing escalates out of control, AI will take over what is left.

It's Skynet all over again.

I find it interesting that movies seem to propose things well before we seem to get to them. The Jetsons and flying cars. Phone calls were you can see who you are talking to. Terminator, AI and Skynet. The Matrix.

Humans are their own worst enemy.

We deserve everything we get.

• Like 1

Another thing to worry about, those rules they are now asking for will only be followed by the nice guys. Not by everyone. And if it's illegal, chances are there is even more money to be made. 

• Gold FFM

And dare we say it, the military who will see it as a way to get one up on the opposition. Perceived or real.

Now where is that blue pill that the guy in the glasses gave me?

Oops. I want the red pill so that I can be oblivious.

• Like 1