Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
What do people do for a key ring? - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC/Other - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

What do people do for a key ring?

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Gold FFM

Apparently it's tricky to get much through the small slot on the Emira fob - something like the string bit on here may be needed too....

619tKceYAiL._AC_UX679_.jpg.067b7f58c038b918cb5bc7bc365168bf.jpg

The tracker app on a smartphone can be set up to replicate the tracker fob so just one or the other of those can be carried too 😉 

• Thanks 1

My Lotus History - 1998 Elise S1 (sold) - 1993 Esprit S4 (sold) - 2004 Elise S2 111S (sold) - 1995 M100 Elan S2 (sold) - 2014 Evora S IPS Sports Racer (sold) - 2023 Emira i4 First Edition V6 Auto (Touring Chassis, Hethel Yellow, Full Black Pack, Black Alcantara /Yellow Stitch interior and Steering Wheel, Yellow Calipers, Privacy Glass, Tracker)

15 hours ago, Bibs said:

Another TLF fob off.......er 

16 hours ago, Scrute said:

the tracker so also have a completely separate fob that has to live with the key.

Keep them separate. I think your insurance will be invalidated if they are literally 'together'. 

Interesting point about keeping separate I hadn’t considered. 

I didn’t ask for the tracker but ended up getting it (long boring story) it’s a bit faffy. If the app can work reliably in place of the tracker that’s a perfect solution. 

noting none of the pictures have Emira keys! That the problem a key “ring” is too rigid. Those little tie toggles should be idea or a paracord one maybe. 

An o-ring.

Various sizes are available. Additional advantage is being non-scratch.

I have patented this idea so you’re not allowed to use it without paying me a royalty.

IMG_0153.jpeg

23 hours ago, jep said:

I think your insurance will be invalidated if they are literally 'together'.

Pretty sure that’s not true.

Even on Scorpion’s website it’s described as an additional protection against relay theft.

Which hopefully the Emira won’t suffer from as it’s not keyless entry.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Scrute said:

If the app can work reliably in place of the tracker

Mine works fine about 90% of the time.

Occasionally it doesn’t connect, but you get an automated call from Scorpion that you can dismiss verbally.

There was a criteria change with regard tracker tags and attaching them to your car key in January 2019 but the advice is to check with your insurance company as to what they require.

Wise to do so before your car goes missing.

Justin

• Gold FFM

Loos like you could do with one of these though (care there are 2 types depending on key blade) https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/373442180201 😉

My Lotus History - 1998 Elise S1 (sold) - 1993 Esprit S4 (sold) - 2004 Elise S2 111S (sold) - 1995 M100 Elan S2 (sold) - 2014 Evora S IPS Sports Racer (sold) - 2023 Emira i4 First Edition V6 Auto (Touring Chassis, Hethel Yellow, Full Black Pack, Black Alcantara /Yellow Stitch interior and Steering Wheel, Yellow Calipers, Privacy Glass, Tracker)