Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Viewing my first Evora - buyers advice - Page 4 - Evora Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Viewing my first Evora - buyers advice

TrevS

The thing I remember about my first drive, is the off-set pedals. It took me quite a while before I was confident enough to stretch out the left leg and trust the right one to find the brake.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

The pedal offset is only slight and I didn't notice until somebody pointed it out to me. A few years ago I had a drive in a Lamborghini Gallardo and those pedals were definitely offset.

One thing I would mention to a new Evora driver is don't try to rush gear changes.

• Like 1

All depends upon what you are used to/coming from, I guess, as that is certainly my abiding memory of the 9 hour first drive from Aberdeen to Berkshire. That and being amazed that my 'phone paired immediately and played all the way home!

5 hours ago, mcdonaa said:

Congrats! Looks lovely in the garage 🥰

Will look even better on the black stuff 😉

9 hours ago, Bibs said:

Well, GT! It's a very usable car. Wishing you many happy miles in it! :thumbsup:

Yes, no way is it is an SUV. Gran Tourer is much more applicable 😉

• Like 1

Congrats, not sure you ever need more car than an Evora S. Enough power without being too much. I'll also agree 1st when cold can be a little tough but mine has never been an issue when warm so if yours isn't improving when warm definitely not quite right. 

As for speed bumps, I've never had an issue with them, it's hilarious how good it is over them. 

30k and counting in mine, I'll happily vouch for it being a very usable car. 

The problem is, you're now broken for life as every other car short of maybe a GT3 or a McLaren etc feels a bit disconnected and wooly. 

• Like 2