Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Happy New Year Everyone - General Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Happy New Year Everyone

mayevora

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Happy new year, all,     

Ian,   @mayevora you should be getting the mini back, so you may have had a few days off before the end of this year.

Just SORN'd 2 of my cars for the next few months.

11 minutes ago, Bibs said:

Lotus-filled 2024 for us all

Might be a possibility for a less filled Lotus year,  this coming year.

• Gold FFM
Just now, exeterjeep said:

Happy new year, all,     

Ian,   @mayevora you should be getting the mini back, so you may have had a few days off before the end of this year.

I’ve had an unexpected 2 weeks off. After picking the mended car up 9 days ago and driving it home no issues. Went to set off  Wednesday morning and clutch went straight to the floor and didn’t return. I’ll be phoning brakedown at 6.30am Tuesday morning as I want it back in the garage being worked on as they open by 8.30am. 😡

• Sad 1

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

3 minutes ago, mayevora said:

Wednesday morning and clutch went straight to the floor and didn’t return

Sounds it must be still covered by the garage - they must have messed up the repair.

• Gold FFM

Happy New Year from someone who will have a Skoda filled year. 🤣

9 hours ago, Bibs said:

Happy new year folks! All the best for a Lotus-filled 2024 for us all :D

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

Happy new year everyone.

Have plans for both the Evora and Esprit this year which I am looking forward to.

Don’t have any money left for the years to come haha.

Have great 2024 all.

it’s good to be aboard. 

On 31/12/2023 at 19:31, mayevora said:

IMG_9871.jpeg

Not wishing to play top trumps, but as at the end of 2023 I now have enough money to not work for the rest of my life!

Which is a bit longer than a day, but I've worked for this since I started paying taxes at 15, and living within my means, for the past 41 years. No more will I be paying over 55% taxes....

• Like 1

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way. 

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

• Gold FFM

That 1st post was obviously a tongue in cheek statement with 4 hours of the year to financially survive 😜 - Probably looked strange on 1st Jan.

You                                  Me

started work - 15            started work -16

Tax - 41 years                 Tax - 37 years

Retired - Yes                    Retired - No

£10k Hols - 0                   £10k Hols - 1

Bollox!! - Think you Trumped it though with the ‘Retired’ answer. 😜👍

IMG_9930.jpeg

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

Calm down, calm down, said the scouser who actually worked (and is still working) to the Southerner.

image.png.b5a35d45b2d2af3101b94fdd39acb35a.png

• Haha 1

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way. 

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

If I sold my house here and moved to Cyprus I could afford a Nice 3 bed villa with a pool and have enough to live comfortably for 20 years minimum. 

Sadly My wife has different ideas and wants to be near the kids and have a nice big house.

So working for the next 10 years it is. Fuck it.

And a Happy New Year to everyone! 

Possibly save your life. Check out this website.
http://everyman-campaign.org/

Stop me and buy one!!

What is the point of a "nice big house"?

Since my kids left home I've been left questioning why we live in a large house when there is just the two of us. 4/5 bedrooms and a half acre jungle to maintain is nonsensical really for just the two of us.

You can work for the next 10 years Tony to sustain that nice big house, but at what cost to your health, and you'll never get those ten years back. And people say "man maths" often makes no sense. Women maths isn't even based on logic most of the time.

The small print.

44 minutes ago, exeterjeep said:

a nice big house could have a nice big garage.

It does!  But then all that means is you hoard and store even more useless shit that you don't need!

But then, it also is allowing me to build a 3mx2m base board to allow me to install all the "old" Scalextric I've found as I've been clearing out the hoardings....  :)

But that then opens up another can of worms as you see there all sorts of "digital air" controllers that allow you to individual control up to 6 cars, have pit stops for tyre changes, weather, and random mechanical issues etc.  I'm like a kid again...

The small print.

On 02/01/2024 at 12:48, exeterjeep said:

I'd be happy living in a industrial unit with attached car park, easy to maintain and loads of car space, plus probably some large doors to get the cars inside when needed. Something the size of a Tesco's superstore would be great.

That's basically what I have:

Untitled.png

A garage with room for 9 to 12 cars, depending on size and how close I stack 'em (including 2 on the lifts and 2 underneath). Total size about 18x18m, so far from a Tesco!
Bottom right is my living corner, bottom left is rented out as offices along with the rest of the building (not shown). There is a 2nd floor for storage as well. The layout of the racking etc has changed from the initial design, but the general idea remains. And after 5 years I'm still very happy with it. Which means it's right on topic. 😎 

• Like 2

I have made many mistakes in my life. Buying a multiple Lotus is not one of them.

Oh my god Filip, that is my ideal house layout right there (wife would definitely not agree, but hey, wife's can be for xmas, not life!).

I'm so jealous. Enough space to work and live, but then loads of play space!  Nice one @Escape

The small print.