Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Is electric really the answer? - Page 70 - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Is electric really the answer?

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

You can put your head in the sand all you like. It's coming.

London will be the first UK city to ban cars.

I predict a race between Oxford and Glasgow as to who will be second!

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

• Gold FFM

Just check out some of the Ev bargains - Merca, Tesla, jag, pork.

all dropping like stones in value

Only here once

I had a very interesting conversation with an EV industry guy.

He has no interest in buying ANY of the new crop of current EV's. He believes within 5 years they'll all be unsellable / a fraction of their current value.

Why?

Because he says the current EV's are like the first generation of iphones.  Their batteries and tech have wowed everyone, because it's a;; shiny shiny new.

As a result, we'll view them like all the other tech. Great and loved whilst they are new, but then thrown away and unloved when the next shiny shiny upgrade comes along.

I don't totally agree with him, but, I think he has a point. The high end, premium EV's, are being sold based on "features". And, features are always improved, better, faster, sleeker and more sexy, on the latest model.

Buyer beware.

• Like 2

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

14 hours ago, Barrykearley said:

Just check out some of the Ev bargains - Merca, Tesla, jag, pork.

all dropping like stones in value

They are still dropping and their desirability rating is supremely low. So much so that dealers are £2000 behind the current trade values if you want to sell them one......and thats if they want it at all which they invariably don't.

Now is not the time to buy an EV believe me.

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

Ha, no. Point made.

The small print.

Government mandates are always questionable. Banning Petrol / Diesel in such a short time and before the alternatives have matured to sufficient level is typical government - utterly ridiculous 

Electric cars don't seem to be impacted by Paris vote.....

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-68196828

The move triples parking rates for cars weighing 1.6 tonnes or more to €18 (£16; $20) an hour in inner Paris.

There are exemptions for fully electric cars, taxi drivers, tradespeople, health workers and people with disabilities.

This is the problem when investors and others get over excited and plough their money in speculatively.

How can a van manufacturer, who has never delivered a van, be valued at £15bn. Absolutely, totally bonkers and I laugh in the face of the people who drive that ridiculous valuation and expectation.

Polestar will be next. Tesla is struggling. Ford and GM looking at losses in their EV arms of billions. Renault pulling back on Ampere's listing.

There is nothing inherently wrong with BEV's, but they've pushed too hard, too fast, and just have not thought it through, nor prepared the infrastructure or public for this. In part, I suspect, the Governments have reacted to the early success of Musk and Tesla. A knee jerk reaction.

Edited by Bravo73
  • Like 2

The small print.

8 hours ago, exeterjeep said:

Electric cars don't seem to be impacted by Paris vote.....

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-68196828

The move triples parking rates for cars weighing 1.6 tonnes or more to €18 (£16; $20) an hour in inner Paris.

There are exemptions for fully electric cars, taxi drivers, tradespeople, health workers and people with disabilities.

Quite enjoy driving on holiday in Europe but damned if I care to venture near Paris, or any other major city for that matter.

• Like 1

the goverment thinks there is too much negative press about EV`s and issued it`s own guidance 

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/electric-vehicles-costs-charging-and-infrastructure/electric-vehicles-costs-charging-and-infrastructure

• Haha 1

hindsight: the science that is never wrong

Clueless.

The small print.

• Gold FFM

They can issue all the guidance they like. 

market forces is sending a very clear message that they are ignoring

• Like 1

Only here once

4 hours ago, pete said:

the goverment thinks there is too much negative press about EV`s and issued it`s own guidance 

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/electric-vehicles-costs-charging-and-infrastructure/electric-vehicles-costs-charging-and-infrastructure

I can't wait for 2050 when were are 100% Net Zero.  I'm doing my bit, we've all got one common goal.  

• Haha 2

100% agree.

We are getting fed a whole lot of EV propaganda by the Government and media at the moment.  Are they naive enough to think China / India and other developing nations are going to follow our lead.  China are increasing their number of coal burning power stations (belching out huge amounts of C02 into the atmosphere) so they can make more "environmentally friend" EV's to sell to us.  Total lunacy, you couldn't make it up.

https://energyandcleanair.org/publication/chinas-new-coal-power-spree-continues-as-more-provinces-jump-on-the-bandwagon/#:~:text=Coal power continues to expand,previously shelved projects were revived.

• Like 1

Im not against cutting pollution.

Seeing smokey old busses kicking out plumes of fumes carrying 1 or 2 passengers doesn't seem great for our environment.

So a man growing food in his back garden is now bad but imports from around the globe are good? WTAF?

Just the very start of this vid...