Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Evora 410 Sport GT Trackday use? - Evora Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Evora 410 Sport GT Trackday use?

570S

Apologies if I've mis-titled the cars as I'm not 100% on the actual nomenclature! But do these come with a baffled sump as std, do they need one if not for trackdays? 

How do they stand up to occasional trackday use generally,  and what are the go to mods such as pads or do standard hold up ok?

I'd only be doing half a dozen days at most and not thrashing it relentlessly. 

Cheers

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

“Not thrashing it relentlessly“ @570S Lotus cars are for the race track and need to be driven hard.

Darryl & Sue

Proud to drive and own since new a true British supercar the Evora GT430

Only the the GT430 came with a baffied sump in the UK

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bibs said:

parts manual

the text says item

01 Baffled Sump Assembly GT430 A702E0002J 1
02 Gate Flap GT430 A702E0004F 5
03 Sump Sevice Kit Includes plug, gasket and gate A702E0006S
flap x 5
GT430 1
04 Bolt, flg. hd., lower to upper sump A132E6456S 16
05 Stud, upper to lower sump A132E6174S 2
06 Nut, flange, lower to upper sump A132E6458S 2
07 Sump plug A132E6175S 1
08 Gasket, sump plug A120E6461S 1

eg part A702E0002J, which is a part for gt430, ie not a common part like the others.

I seem to recall reading a thread about sump issues on these engines but possibly on the emira or exige?

Would be nice to have something that's safe to push hard in the bends without worrying about oiling issued, or having to do too much track prep. Drive to the event and back is ideal 

You could always pop an accusump in. They're relatively well priced and easy to install. 

https://www.merlinmotorsport.co.uk/knowledge_base_articles/view/accusump-oil-accumulators-how-do-they-work-281

Other than that, the baffled sump will be a straight swap but I think they're quiet expensive and the baffles are a service item and need to be changed every couple of years. 

That said, I don't think there are any posts on here about oil starvation either in the Exige or Evora section, it's a very robust engine. 

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

3 hours ago, Timbotucker said:

Took mine to Oulton park last month, pushed it hard with no issues. Not sure what pads it has but no fade etc, was cold though.

The lap timer is a total waste of time and a shift light would be helpful but overall I loved it and need to get it out more 😀.

@Timbotucker Do you have the standard exhaust?  Had mine noise tested at Oulton and it passes the static test (just!) and given the inverse square law I think it will pass the drive-by but be good to know if no issues encountered - though I have had reports of the odd trackday being perhaps 'relaxed' shall we say in noise terms - though I don't think I'd have that sort of luck 😀

Posted (edited)

I'd not be looking to Tinker by adding an accusump tbh, maybe a baffled sump at a push, but as you say it's not a regular topic that people are talking about oiling issues

Edited by 570S

3 hours ago, Roobarb said:

@Timbotucker Do you have the standard exhaust?  Had mine noise tested at Oulton and it passes the static test (just!) and given the inverse square law I think it will pass the drive-by but be good to know if no issues encountered - though I have had reports of the odd trackday being perhaps 'relaxed' shall we say in noise terms - though I don't think I'd have that sort of luck 😀

Yes, standard exhaust and had no problems, I was using sport mode too, with a lot of people commenting in the paddock how good it sounded.

I’d read about these cars having trouble with the noise tests at track days and was initially concerned but thought if I do get pulled so be it. I’m hopefully going to Anglesey in a few weeks so will see there.

As to the oil surge, it’s not something I gave any concern as I assumed being a lotus it would be ok, I certainly didn’t have any issues or oil lights come on, my car is freshly serviced so oil level good.

• Like 2

I have done numerous track days over several years and haven’t had an issue ref the lack of a baffled sump.  Only the 430 has a baffled sump but that also has more power, wider tyres and bigger aero - so higher cornering G

• Like 2

Thanks @Timbotucker - that's good to know as Oulton is only 15 mins up the road - don't think Anglesey should be such an issue as its a static limit only I think and it used to be (it being about 12 years ago since my last trackday) you'd only get tested if they thought you were really really loud 

As to oil surge I agree don't see it as an issue for occasional use but for GT430 (due to higher forces) and maybe if you do many trackdays back to back might be a precaution to fitted the baffles as likely that driver is also a much better pilot than I would ever be so generate higher forces again repeatedly 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...