pete

Sunak about to announce a general election

hindsight: the science that is never wrong

Guess he can't wait to bugger off to the States

• Like 1

• Gold FFM

I’m interested in what the reform party press statement is about tomorrow 

Only here once

Think this could be a very low turnout for a general election. Most people are fed up with politics and politicians in general . 

• Like 2

Am away on holiday (I think). Postal vote for us, if I can be arsed.

Wish I was away for the next 8 weeks or even 8 years.

Came across this

• Gold FFM

IMG_0438.jpeg

• Haha 1

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

6 hours ago, ChrisJ said:

Came across this

Westminster is a tribal shouting place. I assume he is referring to Raynor?

What an absolute Clown. Davos is full of entitled arse lickers, who crave attention and power. Hmmm, not sure he is going to make a good PM for the PEOPLE.

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

The labour party seems to think he is the 2nd coming

They say it’s important to cast a vote. So I’m practicing my best Cock & Balls

• Haha 1

Out for a Blat or on the Allotment

I’ve just noticed 12 replies to this thread (inc. mine), great to see members of TLF can’t be arsed 😅

Just now, Kimbers said:

I cannot get even vaguely excited TBH and with the last election getting mid 30%'s voting I'm not the only one.

There is no one Party who even gets close to representing my wants and needs. Sure, if I was at the top of society or the bottom I would but those of us in the Middle (the Majority), with cars and houses, paying our taxes and having 2.4 kids, none of us really have a voice and we pay the majority of the UK taxes!

Time for major reform

Tony, I agree. I was never a supporter of PR, but now, more than ever we need it. I’d like to vote for a party that represents me in their policies and has at least a voice. I have been a life long Tory voter, never, ever again. Wasted 5 years.

Out for a Blat or on the Allotment

The do gooders have ruined everything.😁

• Love 2

• Gold FFM

Actually - I will correct myself - the politicians have worked together amazingly in recent years on one thing and that was the attempts to frustrate the will of the people over Brexit.

kinda sums it all up.

• Like 1

Only here once

Mine will be blue @Barrykearley solely because of where I live. The SNP have a slim majority, Labour are nowhere, so Tory it needs to be to get an SNP member out of Westminster.

Sometimes, it's not about voting fow who you want, but about voting to get rid of who you don't.

I'm absolutely dreading Labour winning. I believe Starmer is weak. He's a puppet who may well be gone after 12 months, potentially leaving us with Raynor 😱

The Tories deserve to go. Ironically, based on performance, Cameron seems to be an excellent Foreign Secretary, plenty of good things being said from the international community.

I look at the current government, the key faces, and just want to cry. I look at the opposition and the shadow cabinet and feel nothing but despair.

I really do fear for the future of the UK with this current bunch of idiots, that by and large, we have as MPs today.

How did we get to a position where the talent pool is so bad?

I mean, even the Leaders, Sunak, Starmer and Davey, are about as credible as Muppets, then again, I suppose they also share the similarities of having cotton stuffing for brains, and, someone's hand up their arse controlling every movement.

I do like your point about cooperative politics. I agree with Barry. Leave the fight for the election. But once the election is done, work together to deliver the agenda the majority voted for, and the priorities people chose.

We've had 14 years of SNP "Progressive" Government. Ha! Regressive Government more like as we're heading back to the dark ages up here.

Be good to hear from everyone else to get a broad collective of views etc. We might not always agree, but should respect our different views.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

Looks like The Daily Mail might be getting ready to jump ship, so that would be the final nail in the Conservative coffin. Despite the Boris rant at the top, I can’t remember a Labour promoting front page on the DM before.

F4ug7XP.png

The article is in tomorrow Sunday Mail. It's just the mail do what it does so well,presenting both sides of the argument 😜

• Gold FFM

They just love sounds bites these days, it's become a group of marketing departments. 

A lot of the time decisions are made to try to placate the loudest shouter at the time and then everyone rolls out their current marketing slogan to 'debate' it.

I do think that they need to be more honest more often. If the opposition actually thinks something is a good idea, say so. Not only when it's a super sensitive issue where opposing would be suicide but more of the time on normal issues. 

Stop spending time trying to dig up dirt to sling at the other side, it wastes everyone's time. Do try to have constructive discussions to come to a sensible outcome with all available expertise. 

Fine with rowdy debates in the house when it warrants it and have checks and balances with parties having different views, but stop just arguing for the visuals.

• Love 1