Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
What made you 'Shake your Head' today? - Page 24 - General Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

What made you 'Shake your Head' today?

ramjet

Dog owners!

Went for a lovely stroll this morning down the side of the Tay Estuary. The sun was shining. The air fresh, and, it's a lovely, well surfaced, multi-use path.

I walked past 12 - 15 piles of dog shite, just left there, steaming away, on the path.

I must have walked past nearly a dozen black or green, plastic dog poo bags that had shite inside them, were tied up, and just abandoned on the path.

Then, at the end of a lovely walk I sat on a bench with a nice coffee and a bacon roll and literally 3ft away from me a dog owner let it's dog shit right in front of me when I was eating the roll. The dog had obviously had something that had not agreed with it as it was a bright orange/brown colour, runny, and was exited with a number of wet fart sounds and splatters. I can be so graphic as I was sitting 3 bloody foot away biting into a bacon roll.

When I said, in a rather loud voice, "for f@ck's sake you're having a laugh aren't you, that's f@@king disgusting", the dog owner looked at me as though I was the turd. To their credit they tried to "pick it up" but as it was the consistency of porridge they failed miserably and I consigned the last half of my bacon roll to the bin. For some strange reason I had had a sudden loss of appetite.

Dog owners - you are biggest bunch of entitled shites ever. I hate you. I hate your dogs. And with the current spate of dog attacks I do think that (1) all dogs in a public space by law should now be on a lead at all times and (2) if you are found to not remove your dogs shite the penalty should not be a financial fine, but you should be made to walk the streets and parks, in a brown overall with "I love shit" printed on it, for 4-6 hours every saturday and sunday, picking up the dog shite and bags full of shite left behind by other owners.

And, don't get me started on people who have dogs the size of a f@@king small pony and bring them into pubs, cafes and restaurants were people are eating. Or little shit machines that yap and bark constantly within the establishment. F@@king disgusting. Why should I have to put up with YOUR dog when I hate dogs. Argh........

I actively avoid booking tables or rooms in establishments that advertise themselves as "dog friendly" to avoid having to put up with them.

• Like 2

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

2 hours ago, C8RKH said:

Dog owners!

Went for a lovely stroll this morning down the side of the Tay Estuary. The sun was shining. The air fresh, and, it's a lovely, well surfaced, multi-use path.

I walked past 12 - 15 piles of dog shite, just left there, steaming away, on the path.

I must have walked past nearly a dozen black or green, plastic dog poo bags that had shite inside them, were tied up, and just abandoned on the path.

Then, at the end of a lovely walk I sat on a bench with a nice coffee and a bacon roll and literally 3ft away from me a dog owner let it's dog shit right in front of me when I was eating the roll. The dog had obviously had something that had not agreed with it as it was a bright orange/brown colour, runny, and was exited with a number of wet fart sounds and splatters. I can be so graphic as I was sitting 3 bloody foot away biting into a bacon roll.

When I said, in a rather loud voice, "for f@ck's sake you're having a laugh aren't you, that's f@@king disgusting", the dog owner looked at me as though I was the turd. To their credit they tried to "pick it up" but as it was the consistency of porridge they failed miserably and I consigned the last half of my bacon roll to the bin. For some strange reason I had had a sudden loss of appetite.

Dog owners - you are biggest bunch of entitled shites ever. I hate you. I hate your dogs. And with the current spate of dog attacks I do think that (1) all dogs in a public space by law should now be on a lead at all times and (2) if you are found to not remove your dogs shite the penalty should not be a financial fine, but you should be made to walk the streets and parks, in a brown overall with "I love shit" printed on it, for 4-6 hours every saturday and sunday, picking up the dog shite and bags full of shite left behind by other owners.

And, don't get me started on people who have dogs the size of a f@@king small pony and bring them into pubs, cafes and restaurants were people are eating. Or little shit machines that yap and bark constantly within the establishment. F@@king disgusting. Why should I have to put up with YOUR dog when I hate dogs. Argh........

I actively avoid booking tables or rooms in establishments that advertise themselves as "dog friendly" to avoid having to put up with them.

Well said 👏,  I totally agree , every dog owner thinks everyone likes dogs. You forgot the bit about dog owners who let there dog lick the owners face when they have been sniffing round piles of shite outside. 🤢🤮

Edited by NAC63
  • Sad 1

Don't worry @NAC63, the dog owning brigade will be countering with

1. But my dogs just lovely, don't worry, as it comes bounding and leaping at you barking away

2. What about kids in restaurants

Plus all the other common deflections.

Your point about licking hands and faeces, sorry faces, is spot on.

• Like 1

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

Ordered a Durite oil temperature gauge yesterday. UK-based company, and not on eBay. Good price, too. Placed the order, and get a confirmation email. Great!

This afternoon, I receive an email from them saying they haven't got any in stock, don't know when they will have any, and would I be prepared to wait an unspecified period of time for said gauge to come into stock? Or would I like a refund?

So, after first calling Durite UK to find out that they've got plenty of stock, I called the company in question to ask WTF they were playing at. Excuses included problems with Durite supply, (which I duly shot down following my earlier confirmation from the manufacturer that they had indeed got stock). I then asked if the real issue was that they didn't want to sell me the gauge at the low price. Further excuses were then rolled out starting with Royal Mail being shite, delivery couriers being shite, and the electrical component supply world in general being 'complicated'.

I went on to ask why, if they hadn't got any gauges, their website system ploughed on regardless with the order, the answer to which was down to some kind of counter, and no, I don't know what that is either, except it's clearly not very good at counting. To their credit, they have now listed it as 'OOS', and I'm still stewing over whether to cancel, or wait.

:wallbash:

• Sad 2

Margate Exotics.

3 hours ago, pete said:

Oh my god, I can't even believe that that passed the common sense test to go to court. Unbelievable.

• Like 2

The small print.

@C8RKH my favourite quote about this call centre rubbish is “you can’t always be experiencing above average call volumes, because that’s not how averages work”!

I like dogs but hate irresponsible owners. I’d like to see licensing and registration applied to dog ownership so they can weed out the ones who do the things you mentioned. I had to tell some dumbs—t to stop throwing their ball in our direction so their 80kg dog could chase it. The dog missed my preschooler by an inch.

• Like 2

Love that quote @r3nault

The small print.

@r3nault and @C8RKH, you 2 are getting along, this should go in the happy thread. 😄😉

My 2cents on the matter, I love dogs, I do dislike a lot of the owners. FFS, last weekend there were several nitwits who thought it was a good idea to bring along their dog to the circuit of Francorchamps for the historic races. Needless to say, most if not all dogs were very nervous and didn't like it at all. 😞

The one exception being an older Yorkie that looked like it was deaf so wasn't the slightest bit bothered by the constant noise.

• Like 1

I have made many mistakes in my life. Buying a multiple Lotus is not one of them.

I came across this just after posting the above, how appropriate!

image.jpeg

• Like 2

I have made many mistakes in my life. Buying a multiple Lotus is not one of them.

2 hours ago, Escape said:

My 2cents on the matter, I love dogs, I do dislike a lot of the owners. FFS, last weekend there were several nitwits who thought it was a good idea to bring along their dog to the circuit of Francorchamps for the historic races. Needless to say, most if not all dogs were very nervous and didn't like it at all. 😞

They are also probably the owners who "campaign" to get fireworks banned as it scares their dogs!

I detest dogs. My previous post probably made that clear. However, the "truth" is, as you point out @Escape, that actually, it is the owners where the problems lie. It's their "assumption" that because they love their dog, everyone else will love it. But having it bounding around, no matter what the size (some small dogs that just run around going yap, yap, yap all the time I would happily kick and launch into heaven without feeling one bit of sympathy), running up, jumping around or onto people, is just, in my view disgraceful, selfish, entitled, behaviour.

Both my wife and I had bad experiences with a dog when we were younger and are extremely wary of them. But most dog owners are just blindly ignorant of the fact that not everyone wants a dog running around them, jumping up at them etc. My cousin has a big Alsatian/German Shepherd thing. I'm actually OK with it, will tolerate it around me, I'll even stroke it. But that is because I know the dog and my cousin has always been careful with it around me.

Since the pandemic, dogs have just become an absolute pest and seem to be everywhere. The number of times I have seen a dog taking an owner for a walk is amazing. Literally, the owner has been walking at an angle of 20-30 degrees, trying to constantly pull the dog back. Barking orders at the dog and the dog is just ignoring them. I literally cross the road when I see that.

So yes it is the owners that I probably hate more as a dog is just an animal doing what it has evolved to do.

But then, maybe owners could help me understand:

1. Why they think it is a good idea to take their dogs to a park, where children are playing and people are using the space, and let it shit all over everywhere, and not bother to remove it

2. Why they think it is a good idea to take their dogs to the local football pitches and let them shit all over them, not bother to remove it, when they know those pictures are going to be full of people (adults and children) running around playing football on them

3. Why dog owners think it is acceptable to tie their little black and green plastic bags full of shit onto a tree branch by the path so it can ferment and brew in the sun over weeks and weeks

4. Why dog owners pick up their dogs shit, bag it, then just the tied bag on the ground

5. Why dog owners let their dogs run around on a walk, not on the lead, bounding up to complete strangers, jumping up at them, barking, etc

This year has seen a horrendous increase in deaths and serious injuries of people and animals (mostly sheep) in the UK. Why do dog owners allow this to happen

I think all dogs should be "chipped", to store the dogs DNA and ownership details. Then, if a pile of shit is found, or a dog attacks, a simple test could identify the owner and they could be flogged in the town square.

But then, to be fair, I also think that everyone born in the UK should have their DNA recorded, and from say the age of 10, their fingerprints recorded and it should be stored as it would allow us to quickly identify people who had committed crime etc. Everyone coming to the UK should be fingerprinted on entry, and as part of the visa "right to stay" programme should additionally have their DNA recorded.

No doubt loads of people would be shocked, and an outcry would be the result. But, if you want to reduce crime, If you want a better environment to live in. If you want criminals to be caught. What's the issue? What have you got to hide?

The small print.

2 hours ago, C8RKH said:

I detest dogs.

Why all of a sudden is the UK having a number of attacks by this breed, that I have never heard of until recently. Another man killed by a Bully XL yesterday. The owner seems to have had 2. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-tyne-67004053  says that it/they went for the other mans throat.

The only explanation I can offer @exeterjeep is that during COVID and its lockdowns a lot of people went bonkers and got dogs. A lot of these people were not serial/past dog owners and probably did not really have a clue as to what owning and caring for a dog entails. They probably bought on looks and what was trendy, just like they do hoodies or jog pants.

Again, it's hard to blame the animal. Maybe as well as putting the animal that has killed or maimed down, we can put the owner down as well. Seems like a good civic duty kind of thing to do :sofa:

• Like 2

The small print.

2 hours ago, C8RKH said:

1. Why they think it is a good idea to take their dogs to a park, where children are playing and people are using the space, and let it shit all over everywhere, and not bother to remove it

I actively avoid dogs as well: never owned one and probably never will. Nevertheless I can offer a moderating comment to the above point. We live about 100 yards from a nice flat and decent-sized public park in a residential area. Before, during and since lockdown I would take my kids there to play football or cricket. 70% of the other people I see there are with dogs. Another 25% are just going about their business and walking along the park footpath to and from town. Only about 5% are actually using the park for recreation, be that running, playing football and cricket or smoking dope on a park bench! At least the dog owners are getting some exercise outside in the fresh air! 

19 hours ago, C8RKH said:

At least they didn't try to blame "Brexit" @Chillidoggy.

I still find the whole situation bizarre. A well know Lotus parts supplier from the EU seems to find all sorts of excuses why it is hard to do business and send things through to the UK post Brexit.

And yet, I can contact Kompernass in Germany, the company that carries spare parts for the Parkside tools (electric tools, manual tools etc) and using their website to order is dead easy. No "minimum order value". No bleating on about customs and VAT charges. Just a simple look, review, select, click to buy and done.

It seems that these days companies will look for any excuse they can, as long as it means they just don't have to admit they couldn't be arsed, are shit, or it's all just "too hard".

When was the last time you called a call centre, any call centre, and didn't get the "we are experiencing a large volume of calls at the moment and all of our agents are busy dealing with customers" message? I suppose they couldn't really say "your waiting because we sacked 50% of our staff because we could because of COVID", or "your waiting because our call centre staff, whilst reduced in number, are all now at home in their jammies binge watching BEAR".

I would normally agree with your last paragraph, but yesterday I rang Admiral to amend my travel insurance & got through to talk to someone straight away, couldn't believe it!

• Like 1

I hope you don't have to claim on your Admiral travel insurance. They wouldn't process my legitimate claim, kept asking for the same information over and over again. I issued a summons which they didn't defend and I sent in the bailiffs. 

They paid.

I cancelled all my other Admiral insurance after that episode

Justin 

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, jep said:

I hope you don't have to claim on your Admiral travel insurance. They wouldn't process my legitimate claim, kept asking for the same information over and over again. I issued a summons which they didn't defend and I sent in the bailiffs. 

They paid.

I cancelled all my other Admiral insurance after that episode

It actually expires before my next booked trip, so I may well be with someone else then, I often swap insurers.

• Like 1

FFS, £15k each for having to shave off a beard. Absolutely f@@king ridiculous. I NEVER want to hear a copper again whinging or whining about bloody funding cuts. This is outrageous (BBC News clip). And the Police wonder why the public has such disdain for them at times.

Police Scotland has paid out a total of £60,000 to four officers who took legal action after being told to shave their facial hair.

This money was paid to four traffic officers told to shave before a force-wide policy on beards was proposed.

The force wanted to introduce a clean-shaven policy in May but the plans were postponed after staff criticism.

"They are extremely upset. They've had to go off sick because somebody had told them to shave, which sounds ridiculous but that's the reality of what happened".

The Scottish Police Federation supported the four officers, who took legal action on the grounds of discrimination and disability.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

The small print.

And right on queue, as if you couldn't make it up we get this! Well call me a d@ckhead if you want but maybe if you weren't shelling out £15k to every cop who had their feelings hurt for having to shave their beard, you might be able to afford to have more cops. And more cops would equal less stress for every cop. I've rapidly come to the conclusion that the lunatics have well and truly won the war.

https://www.heraldscotland.com/news/23837510.police-scotland-cut-200-officers-recruitment-intake/

The small print.

It's so sad to see that someone feels they need to leave the UK to feel safe.

However, moving to a country that has an even worse homicide and violent crime rate, where a lot of people freely carry and use guns, and where people are 22% more likely to report that violent crime is growing faster there, than the UK, just seems a little bizarre to me as the choice.

The government's rape adviser has said her experiences in the justice system as an abuse victim left her feeling unsafe and needing to quit the UK.

Emily Hunt told the BBC she was moving to the US because "it is time for me to feel OK again".

She said she was proud of the successes of an official review into rape prosecutions but there was a "lack of will" to push on with more change.

The government praised her "valuable work" and contribution to the review.

The small print.