Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
What made you 'Shake your Head' today? - Page 28 - General Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

What made you 'Shake your Head' today?

ramjet

• Gold FFM

While a fair number of households in the neighbourhood are busy putting the finishing touches to their ghostly apparitions and giant cobwebs ahead of tonight's 'extortionists walkabout', the local council have been round and done their bit for entering into the seasonal spirit - the Christmas lights are now in place on several lamp-posts, :rolleyes: .

• Haha 2

Luckily was out at hockey this year, but last year my 15 year old son and I stocked up on treats - although I always ask for a trick first, just to confuse them - and we didn't get one caller. 

No we didn't have a pumpkin out, never have done and have always had callers.

• Gold FFM

£25K spent on a low mileage 2 year old car from a main dealer 2 weeks ago today. Been back 3 times now and been given a Courtesy car each time as engine management light keeps coming on. Owned the car 14 days and had it on the drive for the only 3 nights so far (courtesy car 11) 

Under the terms and conditions 1 months to change mind and hand car back for a full refund…. and it just might happen.

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

• Gold FFM
1 hour ago, LotusLeftLotusRight said:

According to the DVLA, that’s 3 years and 8 months old and has covered 38,000 miles. 

Interesting. I was thinking 2 years 8 months but I stand corrected. (It’s for my youngest daughter so should have paid more attention) Still given us another 2 years full warranty but just want a working vehicle. 
She works at Princetown middle of the Moors so needed a 4X4 and small 4X4s aren’t as common as you think they’d be. 
Might start to look around again though if not back fixed by midweek.

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

20 minutes ago, mayevora said:

Might start to look around again though if not back fixed by midweek.

Being a Jeep freak, I'd go for a 4wd Renegade.

And there are some small Suzuki 4wd. Suzuki's usually do well in customer satisfaction surveys.

• Gold FFM
1 minute ago, exeterjeep said:

Being a Jeep freak, I'd go for a 4wd Renegade.

Too big for her Keith . Plenty of options on larger 4X4s about but specifically wanted a small 4X4

Renegade length about 4241mm,    VW Tiguan looks to be  4486mm.

Not that I am biased at all.....

• Like 2

Fiat Panda 4x4

A mate had a larger Shogun, had loads of issues, scrapped it (but it was old and had some miles.

A customer with a 20 year old Range Rover, which is too young for my taste, I only agreed to help him as favor to a mutual friend. He came in this weekend because his terrain settings were no longer working (air suspension, traction control, hill descent, low gear...). Turns out he had removed the infotainment module, that also monitors the terrain program, to fit a more modern radio. And thrown the old module away already. It's all linked through canbus, so with a key component missing I'm unlikely to get anything working... 'But I only replaced the radio and there's only one connector unplugged'. :rolleyes:
That's after I convinced him he needed to put the instrument binnacle back in to get the reversing lights and some other stuff to work. Again, the binnacle is on the canbus and without it the other modules wont play along.

• Confused 1

I have made many mistakes in my life. Buying a multiple Lotus is not one of them.

56 minutes ago, Sparky said:

I wouldn't have put good money into a VAG!

FTFY

43 minutes ago, mayevora said:

Too big for her Keith . Plenty of options on larger 4X4s about but specifically wanted a small 4X4

I'd have gone Suzuki Vitara all day long. £20k brand new, mild hybrid benefits and some good finance deals too. Full warranty. And they get great Which? and JDPower results for reliability and customer service.

• Haha 1

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

• Gold FFM
7 hours ago, C8RKH said:

FTFY

I'd have gone Suzuki Vitara all day long. £20k brand new, mild hybrid benefits and some good finance deals too. Full warranty. And they get great Which? and JDPower results for reliability and customer service.

That is actually a very good shout. Get a lot of car for your money there. That may well be first port of call if VW not sorted by midweek. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, mayevora said:

That is actually a very good shout. Get a lot of car for your money there. That may well be first port of call if VW not sorted by midweek. 

I am trying, but I do try, too!

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

7 hours ago, mayevora said:

That may well be first port of call

Went into Tracks a couple of weeks ago, spoke with the boss, his brother used to work at Christow carriage company - the old Lotus dealer in Christow Road.

They had 3 brand new Vitaras that they pre reg'd to meet their sales target. These ones were just under 20k, but would not be 4wd They do have the Swift, some of which are 4wd and that is even smaller..

• Like 1

I guess I won't be buying a Miele dishwasher

image.png

I was able to get in (once) to the Freestanding dishwasher list and the black Friday deals.

I haven't had much luck with our appliances this year:- new fridge, microwave - both bought, and now dishwasher required. Did manage to get the washing machine fixed though, not by me, as I broke it last time I tried.

• Gold FFM
On 05/11/2023 at 07:06, mayevora said:

£25K spent on a low mileage 2 year old car from a main dealer 2 weeks ago today. Been back 3 times now and been given a Courtesy car each time as engine management light keeps coming on. Owned the car 14 days and had it on the drive for the only 3 nights so far (courtesy car 11) 

Under the terms and conditions 1 months to change mind and hand car back for a full refund…. and it just might happen.

Well one week on and where have we got?

Hadn’t heard a dickie all week so by 4pm Wednesday afternoon I just turned up.

An apologetic service manager sheepishly came over and said at the moment they are struggling to find the problem. They apparently keep taking parts off new vehicles, putting them on ours, and testing. And Engine Management light then reappears.

I had an another telephone call Friday afternoon saying the same after more part swaps. So as of today we’ve had the car on our drive 3 nights and VW have had it back 17 and it’ll obviously be Monday earliest before I hear anything else so that’ll be up to 19 nights.

I have already had it confirmed that from the date we do get it back we’ll be given another full month to own it and then decide if we want it so effectively starting again. In the meantime my daughter has been given a new T-Roc that she’s been driving daily for the last week putting miles on their car at no cost to us so at least that something. Bottom line is not too happy but not costing us anything at all with the use of their courtesy car putting mileage on theirs not ours. 

Still surprises me though that a main dealership can’t diagnose a fault with all the plug ins and diagnostics available to the actual manufacturers.

My advice is to return the car to them and get your money back in full NOW.

That car will never be right. It's a "Friday" car. Get your money back and vote with your feet. There are plenty of other cars out there.

• Like 1