Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
What made you 'Shake your Head' today? - Page 46 - General Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

What made you 'Shake your Head' today?

ramjet

• Gold FFM

I thought we had a problem with the way our police keep catching teens and arresting them. They go to court and are freed on bail (which is nothing but I promise to show up at my future court date) and then go and break the law again.

Arrested again and freed again on bail.

I heard on the news to day that the government is going to begin trialling (trialling!) ankle bracelets in Australia starting in June this year I think it was. Don't know why you would trial them. Just start using the bloody things.

My daughter and her partner were driving back from Broken Hill and were cut off by a driver turning from the right hand lane across their path into the very same turnoff that they were taking. That driver then got out and abused them for nearly causing a crash and that they should be more aware of other drivers.

My daughter let fly as she does not hold back sometimes. "We are not in your country, we are in Australia. What you did is not how we drive over here. It was illegal."

Answer? "I don't care! You should be watching other cars!" Apparently, he needs to be watched, but he does not need to watch.

My daughter stood on our driveway regaling me with this tale and ended with, "I like meeting different people dad, but if they are going to keep coming to Australia and then try to turn it into the country that they just left? There's the door. F### off right back to where you came from."

There is something going on and I can't put my finger on it, but there are a great many instances of people using the justice system in the country they are in to essentially skip out on whatever is hanging over their heads. The problem then becomes the country that decides to take them in.

How did these people ever learn that they could do this and get away with it? I can't believe that it fosters good political ties if it keeps happening between two countries. One country who wants to put someone through their legal system so a victim gets some sort of justice, and the other country who says you can stay here so you don't have to go through that.

The article further up, how can someone afford to fight in court for twenty years? There can't be that many different avenues that you could keep trying to go to, is there?

Another country should not have to 'be nice' to you if you are escaping from some crime you committed in another country.

• Like 1

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

You think that's bad @ramjet, in Scotland, and if youare under 25, whenever you commit a crime, however heinous or light, the fact you are under 25 means your brain struggles to comprehend right from wring so you're automatically given a lighter sentence.

You can't make this shit up.....

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

Scottish leaders (actually now ex) can't tell a man from a woman, and put a rapist in a woman's prison. Thankfully now resolved.

8 minutes ago, tim_marra said:

Thankfully now resolved

For now.

The sad thing is I have lived here for 30 years and during the last 10 years, under the Nationalist government, everything seems to have gone down hill. The only things that have gone up are prices, and hate!  Go figure.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

Flew out of Stansted this morning. Asked the Bureau de Change how much 200 Euros would cost me if I bought them on a debit card. “That’ll be £226.23, sir”. 

The bank rate is currently £1.00 = €1.17, so those €200 would have cost them about £171, so £55 (32%) profit.

It’s literally a licence to print money.

I use a "travel Money Card", you can load various currencies from your phone app and transfer between the currencies if you need to. Find it really useful. The TUI money one I use comes with two cards, linked to the one account, so one for me, one for the missus. Perfect.

• Like 1

The small print.

There was a prison break earlier this week. Against all odds, the fugitive has been captured already. Seems he managed to escape by..

TYING HIS BED SHEETS TOGETHER and climbing out of the window. I wonder when they searched his cell, did they find the 'How to escape from prison' book by ACME. :rolleyes:

• Haha 1

I have made many mistakes in my life. Buying a multiple Lotus is not one of them.

The question is, @Escape (what an apt handle for this topic!) how many bloody sheets do they give prisoners over there?

The small print.

Far too many obviously, as he could escape instead of freeze to death...

I have made many mistakes in my life. Buying a multiple Lotus is not one of them.

He was in prison for a reason. A 2.5m by 2.5m concrete box. Toilet in one corner, bed slab in the other, and a "onezie" type garment made out of that stuff they use for fluffy dressing gowns. A few crayons and some paper for amusement. Nothing else needed. Just give them three meals a day and hose down the cell and inmate every 3 days. That should give them something to think about. :)

The small print.

On 07/04/2024 at 09:44, pete said:

Screenshot_20240407-094419.png.ca3846cdcd645b31117af7fd1f0f76fc.png

A design which is fundamentally flawed. Most cutters suck the grass up and cut where the flymo blows the grass down so as not to be cut.

I found this out when I bought their largest model to do my garden. It was so large it wouldn't hover!! Im pretty strong but could hardly push the bloody thing. Took it back to Homebase...Bloody rubbish thing.

Essex county council had 45 employees 'earning' over £100,000 with the CEO taking a total over £250,000

https://www.clactonandfrintongazette.co.uk/news/24239321.salary-colchester-councils-chief-executive/

• Shock 1

hindsight: the science that is never wrong

Fcking stupid Unions, “our members will be losing their jobs so let’s stop their earnings earlier”

Management (or what I would say if a member of) “OK then, we’ll close it earlier!”

https://news.sky.com/story/port-talbot-steel-workers-vote-to-strike-over-proposed-furnace-closures-13112675Q

What do these unions not understand about simple maths & economics

• Like 2

20 hours ago, PaulCP said:

Fcking stupid Unions, “our members will be losing their jobs so let’s stop their earnings earlier”

Management (or what I would say if a member of) “OK then, we’ll close it earlier!”

https://news.sky.com/story/port-talbot-steel-workers-vote-to-strike-over-proposed-furnace-closures-13112675Q

What do these unions not understand about simple maths & economics

The furnaces (and probably the plant)are going to close regardless because no business can continually run at a loss. The union should be negotiating the absolute best severance package it can for its members, but instead it has failed to see the writing on the wall, or if it has, it duly ignored it.

Margate Exotics.

In bhellgium, the unions actually get paid a fee (by the government) for every one of their members that is paid unemployment benefits. No wonder they have no real interest in keeping businesses going! 😞

• Confused 1

And I thought it was just the British that were bonkers, but it seems you Belgians literally take the biscuit!

The small print.

• Gold FFM

So some little girls, with help from dad have built a little fairy garden on the verge outside their house.

Eighteen months it has been there.

Apparently, according to a letter that has been sent to the homeowner, the garden will be removed by the council following, wait for it, 1, yes 1, complaint.

Most people that have been interviewed regarding the garden have all said that the council should spend money on the important things.

• Sad 2

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

It happens all too often were just 1 complaint seems to spark action 

Now, on the other hand, no number of complaints to councils on people being pigs, littering, paths nort being cleared, nor pot holes fixed and yes, all of a sudden the Council is to busy.

Start a campaign, get hundreds to write to the Council praising the Garden then ask why they are pandering to one, rather than the whole community. Hold them to account.

• Like 1

The small print.

• Gold FFM

The piece was on the news. It is in a suburb in Melbourne. People are already up in arms about it.

• Gold FFM

The reason wasn't given in the news piece. Just that one had been made.

It was meant to be removed today, but there was nothing about it on the news tonight, so maybe the council found a road to repair or a playground to mow.

Grown adult woman buys car she can't really afford.

Finally, the reality hits her.

Refuses to accept she is stupid so blames car dealer and GM Finance and accuses them of taking advantage of the fact she was a woman!

No dear. You decided that at 28 you needed an 85,000 USD car. You signed the paperwork. If you didn't know what you were getting into then don't sign.

Oh, and did I mention she was in negative equity on her px so decided to roll that debt into the new car?

Why can't people take responsibility?

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/yourmoney/consumer/article-13302555/auto-loans-debt-car-ownership.html

The small print.

Paying 10.2% interest, yet bought 3 years ago - when interest rates were around 0%. Guess she had a very poor credit rating.

• Gold FFM

It’s unbelievable what folks do to be flashy.

Playing devils advocate it is about time this sort of bull was stopped and stopped hard and fast. There is no way that you should be able to walk in and drive out in less than an hour saddled with that level of debt burden. Im a true capitalist but I would welcome controls with regards to things like this. 

I’ve seen and heard the sales patters of many car salesman with regards to PCP and the like. Frankly I find it pressured and inappropriate.

the woman in the article is however a thick cow.

Only here once