Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Hello! New Evora owner on the west coast of Scotland - Introductions - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Hello! New Evora owner on the west coast of Scotland

Pupil1

Welcome to TLF!

Lovely car and great to see she's being used. That's the best way to enjoy them, they weren't built to just sit in a garage. 😉

Greetz,

Filip

• Like 1

I have made many mistakes in my life. Buying a multiple Lotus is not one of them.

@Pupil1 welcome!  I'm near the East Coast in rural Perthshire.

Great looking Evora and wish you many happy adventures with it. They really are stunning automobiles, and surprisingly, very practical, as you are proving.

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

Thanks for the welcome 😁

@TomEI'm not sure if i'm more jelous of how clean your car is or the bike, some machine there on some machine!

Glad to see I'm not the only one lobbing bikes and dogs on and in lotus...

Sorted the front hatch problem, a replacement lever and some uncomfortable positions and it's opening again.

Now to look at some leaks, and maybe if the washers can be more spraying/powerful, it's possible they're ok after being topped up though.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Not so good for the many mild steel brackets and holders though.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

On 24/09/2024 at 19:08, Pupil1 said:

Now to look at some leaks, and maybe if the washers can be more spraying/powerful, it's possible they're ok after being topped up though.

I found that it's very easy to drop the front hatch onto the pipe - having it stuck in the latch does slow the flow!

and welcome, 2010's definitely a good year!

Edited by Markindevon

Wait, the Evora has a front hatch that people open? Wow. Haven't opened mine in ten years of ownership over 2 Evoras.

• Haha 2

The small print.

On 18/10/2024 at 12:32, C8RKH said:

Wait, the Evora has a front hatch that people open? Wow. Haven't opened mine in ten years of ownership over 2 Evoras.

So, you've never added washer fluid or changed the brake fluid in 10 years? 😮

That's seriously worrying 🤔

Nope. I have a man called Craig, in Edinburgh, who has done that for me every year.

I usually wash my windscreen by hand so rarely need to use the washers.

The small print.

Thanks for the welcome everyone 😁

Fixed the handle, a bit fiddly but easy fix. The washer spray isn't great but I guess they're all like that, so turns out I'll be washing it by hand too!

I'm hoping a lot of the mild steel has been replaced with stainless, I know the mudguard have, time will tell, I'm on the coast so it'll happen quick!

Do people go for underseal? I've had it on other cars but wasn't sure if needed so much with aluminium, although I think it's steel at the back?

PXL_20241012_144007978.jpg

4 hours ago, Pupil1 said:

The washer spray isn't great but I guess they're all like that, so turns out I'll be washing it by hand too!

You can fit the “fan” nozzle from a focus instead, but if you imagine that producing an arc pattern - the top of the arc hits the edge of the hatch we are discussing rather than making it onto the screen, so it’s not perfect.

i took mine off again and refitted the OEM nozzles, added in a y-pipe and put another 4-nozzle spray head on my wiper arm. Works well, and is pretty much invisible unless you are specifically looking for it.

Like this kinda thing, but mine is a little different (had it on about 7 years now)

(edit - I still have my fan nozzle If you want to try it out? I won’t be refitting it)

spacer.png

Edited by mik

I did the retrofit of the nozzle in the wiper blade on my VX220 so the spray comes out of the wiper right onto yhe window.

Only downside is that when sun c@nt is right up your arse you can't spray his screen to annoy him!

The small print.

Hi Piers, good choice and welcome to the Forum.  Sorry I've missed this for a full month it seems!  You are also from a lovely part of the world as well (well apart from the midges) and which part are you from as so vast.  Lots of lovely Lotus roads.  

We have a Scottish section you have probably seen over in the regional sub section.  LEGS.  If you want added to our WhatsApp group PM me your mobile and I'll get you added.  That way you will hear what is happening for most things Lotus in Scotland.  Look forward to hearing from you.

A LEGS man and proud to declare it! Lotus Enthusiasts Group Scotland

Evora Launch Edition 2+2 in Aquamarine -gone 2010. Evora Aquamarine 2+2 - gone 2011, Evora Ardent Red 2+0 gone 2012, Evora S Ardent Red 2+2, gone 2023