Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
What made you happy today? - Page 160 - General Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

What made you happy today?

Laura

Watching the Wheeler Dealers episode with the S2 Elise and Ed has already said twice that the 1.8 K Series had a bad reputation in Rovers but, somehow, Lotus made it a pretty solid unit.  No playing on the unreliable Lotus prejudice.

S4 Elan, Elan +2S, Federal-spec, World Championship Edition S2 Esprit #42, S1 Elise, Excel SE

Purchased a new battery for the Excel that probably hasn't run since the last MOT test in Feb 2017, and despite me suspecting fuel pump problems as I couldn't hear a ticking noise, it actually started and ran. Even better, the front headlight that refused to budge, moved easily by hand turning, and is now moving electrically as it should, and the indicator repeater still works despite an accident with a snow shovel in March 2018 (OK, I'm having to glue the lens on, but the thing still lights up).

Even if it fails an MOT (yet to be booked) on some little things I think I'd take that as a really good outcome.

• Like 1

Went out for lunch today at 1400. Just finished and can still type. Just....

• Haha 1

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

Receiving my Certificate of Provenance, via Bibs for upgrading to Full Forum Member, from Lotus Cars for my Evora. Carbon Grey with cocobolo/black interior trim is one of only two cars made in that combo and mine the only +2. Totally unimportant but adds to the gaiety of the day. 

Off to Essen Classic in April with self-same car, its first autobahn attendance in my ownership (perhaps ever). 

Justin

• Like 1

Got my car back today, 95% happy but we'll get there. Met up with @GFWilliams, and now I need fatboy tillets, possible harnesses and definitely some loud pipes. EX460 is crazy smooth, and silly fast, to the speed limit ofc. 

So far very impressed with the lotus community, 2 for 2 have been pleasant members, eager to help. One happy man child again 🤣

• Like 1

Met Adrian John Heath and his GT3 which looked 😻 today and had a great ride in a S2 Europa courtesy of the Sporting Bears.

S4 Elan, Elan +2S, Federal-spec, World Championship Edition S2 Esprit #42, S1 Elise, Excel SE

• Gold FFM

Finally, only 6 months after collecting it at Hethel from @a7esk, I got some free time coinciding with a couple of hours of reasonable weather and so got the Radium CAI fitted to the Evora.

A bit of a phaff getting the old air box out - Lotus must start with it and then build the rest of the car around it - but it seems to have been a worthwhile exercise. I've only managed a quick run down around the village so far but already I'm aware of the throttle response being noticeably crisper.

All I've got to do now is retrieve the jubilee clip that was securing the hot air vent pipe to the heatshield at the bulkhead, which managed to disappear down into the engine bay during removal.

At least the air molecules don't have as far to go now, and won't get lost, on their way to the inlet manifold, 😀 .

David Mobile 25.03.19 004.JPG

• Like 1

Blimey, @Alfa2Evora, it looks like you've also lost a few kilo's too. You have to ask on why on earth that stock airbox is fitted.

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

• 2 weeks later...

Five years apprenticeship in refurbishing an Esprit should be an absolute prerequisite for changing a seat on a Gala Loa Spanish-made bog. Without the gyno skills learned over that period of time, holding four different loose bits between a finger and thumb, I'd have failed miserably, and was at one stage close to replacing the poxy thing as a complete unit before finally triumphing after about an hour.

• Like 1

Margate Exotics.

Its a bit backwards in a way, but still.

Lotus getting its wheels done in bronze today, so excited for that.

Took the GT86 for a service, apparently an oil change is around 2 hours, so I took their courtesy car - an Aygo. Blindspot central, horribly uncomfortable ( coming from a daily driven Exige...) Can't fathom why anyone buys these, the boot is useless and my back ached after a 30 minute/15 mile trip. Piece of crap, but hey ho.

Made me appreciate the GT86, even though I think that too is a crap car for the price, and REALLY appreciate the Lotus :3 

See plenty of them over here,  not seen many UK side,  and yes they are expensive for what they are,  they look great though, but never driven one so could not comment on the drive  :whistle:

A

Thankfully I don't see too many either :P

They look great outside, inside is another story :sofa:
I know it's meant for sliding fun, but it just lacks anything else, plus you can slide anything if you really wanted to, hell I used to slide my E46 318i to try and learn how far I could push it! 

• Haha 1