Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
What made you happy today? - Page 161 - General Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

What made you happy today?

Laura

On 07/04/2019 at 04:11, pete said:

Is that at goodwood

No. Breakfast meet at the Departure Lounge Cafe, Alton south of Basingstoke. Started off 3 or 4 years ago with a handful of Alfas and has grown to around 150 vehicles.

IMG_20190406_111105.jpg

IMG_20190406_103705.jpg

IMG_20190406_110831.jpg

• Like 2

On 07/04/2019 at 00:04, DaveC72 said:

Spent the afternoon turning left.  More fun than I thought it would be

Oh the noise of those things. Damn, there are times I just move 'Murica!

• Like 1

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

2 hours ago, PhillC said:

The Buick was stunning and the star of the show selling for $375 plus 10% buyers premium 😱

A bobby bargain at less than 500 bucks! :)

It's getting there......

Think I've found a new hobby, completely opposite to the Exige. 

Bonsai.

Really relaxing and gives me long term goals.

Repotted a few today and added some moss and rocks, slowly learning how to make it like a mini landscape rather than a potted tree/plant 😎

• Like 1

I wonder if it will become an Elanor clone :)    Love the fastbacks ,  the Ring Brothers who are custom car builders from the USA built a full carbon fibre body shelled Mustang, must be mean as hell on the road ! 

Unknown-6-1200x600.jpeg.d0bd7d1256533348b179ad83f9bf300b.jpeg

A

• 3 weeks later...

It wasn't toay but last Monday (the bank holiday). There was a clasic car meet at Castle Ashby.  Turnout wasn't great but there was an immaculate Europa S2 with a Gordini twin-cam engine, a Elcat 521 which had been in the same family since new ( original owner, original owner's brother then original owner's daughter) and a white Excel, plus a very smart Lamborghini Jalpa.

S4 Elan, Elan +2S, Federal-spec, World Championship Edition S2 Esprit #42, S1 Elise, Excel SE

I went to Milton Keynes shopping centre today.  That was not what made me happy but, in Debenhams, I saw, in one of the displays, they had a cut out of a red Esprit Turbo.

S4 Elan, Elan +2S, Federal-spec, World Championship Edition S2 Esprit #42, S1 Elise, Excel SE

• Gold FFM

You should have left your name etc with the window dressers and asked to have it when they were done. Mmmm, are Debenhams open today.

It wasn't in the window but in the store itself.  Not much chance of finding any staff to ask. 😒

• Haha 1

Driving home from the better halfs house (140 miles depending on route...) I passed 8008 miles. Sadly the closest parking was at 8011 miles so no childish giggles from me! 

Silver lining - cars been solid as a rock for the last 5000 odd miles. Very happy.

My usual breakfast pretzel from Sainsburys this morning. 20p change from a £1 coin and the machine actually gave me a 20 pence piece. Not 4 x 5ps or 10 x 2ps which is the norm.

Little things, may explain why I love the Just Jack song "The day I died was the best day of my life". 

Blessed with the competence to be a slave to the incapable.

Currently without a Lotus, Evora 400 Hethel Edition in Racing Green with Red leather and 2010 Evora N/A in Laser Blue and 1983 Lotus Excel LC Narrow body in Ice Blue all sadly gone.

Passed My annual fitness test second time round after having a cold first time. Gets harder every year. Not sure how much longer I can keep up with the demands of that particular job.

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

• Gold FFM

Another shed commissioned today.

farmer presents me with final cheque and some drinkies 👍 very happy today

E8DE4814-3107-4980-8794-D2943FD6A844.thumb.jpeg.adbf175b281e7477ee92edd397776b33.jpeg

• Like 2

Only here once

Gradually gaining ground on those annoying jobs that have been holding me back.

Progress however has required me to cut off my nose to spite my face.

Harsh progress but necessary.

• Gold FFM

Bring it to me, I'll cock it up for ya.

British Fart to Florida, Nude to New York, Dunce to Denmark, Numpty to Newfoundland.  And Shitfaced Silly Sod to Sweden.