Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
What made you happy today? - Page 102 - General Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

What made you happy today?

Laura

• Gold FFM
On 27/07/2016 at 10:32, swindon_alan said:

Well the last three days really!

After being shamed by the finish of @Royal's S4s at Henley on Saturday I decided it was time to go the whole cleaning and polishing hog with my V8 which I have been meaning to do for quite a while. Having a few days off of work and with the weather being reasonable it had to be done.

I covered every single square inch four times. Clay bar, (T-Cut where necessary), paint cleaner, (touch up stick A/R), polish, Carnauba wax. It took me three whole days but it is so worth it

DSC_0024.JPG

Thanks for the Meguires polishing system tip from @Alex Carter. Brilliant stuff :thumbup:

I've got to admit, that does look good @swindon_alan. But I'm holding back my full appraisal until I see it in the flesh!

• Like 1

"Wax on...wax off. Wax on...wax off."

pat-morita-miyagi.jpg

• Like 1

Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose.

• Gold FFM

Well, what an end to a busy day. Got back to the house this evening to find an email from my former employers, and all it said was. " You have a check in at 1345 Scotia tomorrow ". No other information about what for, what I was going out to be doing, nothing. But it seems like I am back in the land of the employed, well for the next three weeks anyway. So the phone is going to be red hot tomorrow morning to find out what, where and when etc. For example, am I getting paid, and how much, how long a  I away for, where can I collect my PPE. All good fun.

But am I happy, yes, it means I don't have to worry about the bill's for the next couple of month's, but sadly I have to stop work on little Greenie, just as the parts start to arrive to get her going.

:stuart:

• Like 2

Waking up Thursday evening and not having excruciating pain in my leg, admittedly the few days since then I have had some pain in the leg and the pain following surgery.

I can walk again. For the last few months walking meant c50% of my body weight being on my arms via crutches causing trigger finger in one hand and carpal tunnel-like symptoms in the other, now I'm just using one crutch for stability and hopefully just until the muscles grow and the nerves re-learn some of the lost sensation/reflexes.

• Gold FFM

Wow, once in a lifetime event. I always think it's fantastic when I am flying to various countries for work and you fly over the Alp's for instance on an early morning flight and see the peaks poking up through the clouds in the sunshine with the glow bouncing of the snow.

• Like 1

On 06/08/2016 at 01:07, swindon_alan said:

An MoT certificate.

A pass.

With no advisories.

Well I have to temper that statement slightly. Although it wasn't an advisory on the cert, my friendly MoT man did say that my back brake discs do need replacing. Corroded on the insides. Why do most rear discs do that? From my invoice history I do know that Jeff, the former owner upgraded them all to better spec PNM jobbies. So if I go with that flow, it's:

Pair PNM rear 321mm rear grooved discs - £421.00
Pair rear Ferodo DS2500 brake pads - £137.63

Total £560-ish

Ouchy ouchy ouch ouch

<sigh> I love my Esprit, he costs more than my women to run...

• Like 2

I tempted fate...now my Esprit V8 IS in bits...(sob)

• Gold FFM

Are you sure the discs just don't need a light surface skim on lathe. Check the thickness as it's maybe all that's needed this time round. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ian29gte said:

Alan, have a look at this, it might just save a you a few bob.

http://www.skimmydiscs.co.uk/

Thanks chaps, hadn't thought of that!

Good call Ian, there's a Premier Service Centre here in Swindon :thumbup:

I will have a measure up and see if it's feasible

I tempted fate...now my Esprit V8 IS in bits...(sob)

Mot passed........................ really must try and do more than 700 miles next year!!!

• Like 2

On 8/6/2016 at 11:55, Bibs said:

Had a rough week so thought I'd cheer myself up :)

20160806_113137.jpg

650 miles from a tank of diesel! I've done 1,000 miles, only filled up once and still have half a tank! :blink:

I've had used 4 tanks in the Impreza, instead I've used 1.5...

• Like 1

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

Ja. Und der rauch ausstossen ist stark reduziert.:)

Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose.

Just got the Esprit back from SWLC with new wastegate valves and the faulty Cat replaced (not the happy bit) and f*^& it's fast. It's never been this quick before :devil: (that's the happy bit), up until now I was wondering what all the fuss was about. Just about to leave for Brands Hatch - A303 here we come :blob fire:

Set off this morning early for a wee drive to show the Evora to an aspiring new Evora owner. Ended up going for a 150 + mile drive on some beautiful roads, little traffic, sun was shining, car was purring like a Cheshire cat that had got the clotted cream, and then she was howling like a banshee being spanked by a thorn bush!  What a hoot.....

• Like 1

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

• Gold FFM

Well as some know I rescued a little M100 about a month ago so the update is she is now purring, has had all her brakes replaced, back original OEM's and front with adapted MK11  Astra caliper's, yes they do fit with a little bit of work. Her fluids have been changed and I recon that would be the first fresh oil in her since at least 2010 as that's when she was parked up. She has now had her soft top recolored with a range of products from AutoGlym and looks pretty good. Monday she goes to the paint shop to have her bonnet, front bumper and rear spoiler painted to get rid of the peeling lacquer syndrome, then she will look pretty good. Her first official outing will be too a local show up North in Buckie, hopefully she will get their and back with no issues.

We have been checking back on her MOT history through the .GOV website and find that she was also off the road for a year in 2007 so I can now also verify her very low mileage.

Work done to date.

Fuel injectors sourced and fitted from the states.

Wheel's refurbed, they only needed a paint job as they were a dull Grey color, now back to original Silver with the Lotus name painted back in Yellow.

New rear caliper's and pads.

New front caliper's and pad's.

Chassis all cleaned down and painted original Black.

Interior scrubbed out and leather fed and cleaned.

Suspension all checked, cleaned and painted.

Fluid's and filter's all done.

Soft top scrubbed, treated and recolored.

Engine given a good clean and some detailing.

Rear lights all repaired and missing bulb's replaced.

Battery replaced.

One MOT obtained.

Six years crap, crud, bird shit, bird's nest in the boot !!, hundred's of spider's and cobweb's removed. Oh, and one wasp's nest, also in the boot.

Pictures will follow after the paint job.

Happy bunny. She will never be as good as my last S3 but is looking pretty fair now.

As found pic.

resize04.jpg

• Like 2