Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
What made you happy today? - Page 244 - General Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

What made you happy today?

Laura

• Gold FFM
2 minutes ago, bogle said:

Weller's RIckenbacker 330 model 6 string - probably late 70s or early 80s model.  I'm unsure of the base color since it was custom painted.  My 330/12 FG from 1968 is pictured below to show the 12-string version of a 330 model. The Edge from U2 has the same model but it's a 1967 with an "R" tailpiece.  I removed the R tailpiece because it's a bitch to string.  The Trapeze tailpiece is far easier and much faster to restring.

Rickenbacker 330_12 FG.jpg

correct 

• Like 1

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
3 hours ago, Bazza 907 said:

Out to dinner tonight and hanging on the wall next to me was..

Any guesses where I was? Clue: Randy Andy swears by it..

IMG_1282.jpg

Pizza Express Woking

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, Bazza 907 said:

Out to dinner tonight and hanging on the wall next to me was..

Any guesses where I was? Clue: Randy Andy swears by it..

IMG_1282.jpg

Jeffery Espstein’s gaff?

• Haha 1

Margate Exotics.

15 hours ago, Dan E said:

correct 

Nice reply

• Haha 1

hindsight: the science that is never wrong

• Gold FFM

and thats why you don't buy a Porsche 

15 hours ago, Bazza 907 said:

Pizza Express Woking

and where was Weller from, oh yes Woking 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Barrykearley said:

Seeing the world descend into stupidity 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-68402362

I wouldn't trust many of todays new parents to provide guidance to any child. They need all the guidance they can get for themselves.

The world has indeed gone bonkers.

• Like 1

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way. 

51 minutes ago, C8RKH said:

The world has indeed gone bonkers.

I had to look up the word as it's the first time that I've come across it.  I haven't watch Mary Poppins so don't know how it's used in the movie.  However, depending upon who's speaking, it could be jacked up with a funky accent making it nearly impossible to decipher. 

"I thought it was Lambo" -  Thank you very much and now it's time to educate the Exotic Less.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, oneshot said:

Won £50 on the premium bonds :)

Is that some kind of lottery? Sorry, across the pond USA member.

"I thought it was Lambo" -  Thank you very much and now it's time to educate the Exotic Less.

9 minutes ago, bogle said:

Is that some kind of lottery? Sorry, across the pond USA member.

Premium Bonds are an investment product issued by National Savings and Investment (NS&I). Unlike other investments, where you earn interest or a regular dividend income, you are entered into a monthly prize draw where you can win between £25 and £1 million tax free.

Wife has had bonds for almost 50 years and not one a penny.

• Like 1

Premium bonds is a sophisticated system that pays out in line with interest rates. The returns now should average just under 3%, as UK base rates are 5.25. 

Your money is 100% safe, I think the max investment is £50k. UK government backed. You can have your money back anytime. 

It's not a lottery as your money in is still your money. The payouts are random, a computer called EARNIE does the pickin'. 

I get regular 'wins' on my £14k invested. It's not a great return but it's safe and you might win the £1m jackpot. Or a lesser big win.

Everyone should have some. 

Justin 

1 hour ago, jep said:

Everyone should have some. 

Sounds like a sales pitch.  My parents never had any - they treated it like gambling.

30 minutes ago, exeterjeep said:

My parents never had any - they treated it like gambling

You're actually helping the Government to raise and use funds "cheaply" on stuff that helps UK society.

• Like 1

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way. 

That's fine. Each as they like @exeterjeep

It helps every UK citizen as it's cheap loans for UK government. I consider it almost a civic duty to have savings with NS&I for those that can. As part of a diverse savings plan.

Justin 

• Like 1

Thanks! - it's definitely different! ... really wasn't sure about the colour, but it does look good on the rare occassions the sun shines. Funnily enough previous owner is less than 10 miles from me, and I had seen it on the road a couple of times over the years. Hopefully bring it along to a meet or two in due course.

• Like 1

...my littlest Lotus off on its way to Strattons this morning to have the bust oil cooler issue sorted and a general once over ready for sunshiney pootling about 😊

20240322_110820[1].jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • Gold FFM
2 hours ago, johnpwalsh said:

Couple of weeks back a nice woman from further down the coast contacted me too see if I could help her sort out several cars left by her late partner. She explained that the whole estate had gone through probate and she was now the legal owner but had no clue how to value them prior to disposal. The fleet consisted of three nice Alpha Romeos, a BMW 525i, an MGB GC and a fifth which was hidden away in a garage and had not seen light of day since April 1995. This car in particular was why she had tracked me down and got in contact. We organised a day trip down to have a look at the fleet and see how we could help her out. the 1967 MGB GC had been completely dismantled in the late 80's with plans for restoration. This I was surprised at given the current condition of the car, never mind how it had looked when taken off the road. The trio of Alpha's were also in pretty good condition as on their last outing had been covered in a wax substance and put under cover's. The BM had been used as his daily driver and had been parked on the drive during all the proceedings. However, like all his other cars it was obvious that the car had been well cared for. Car No.5 was the last one I had too look over and I was gob smacked to see what it was. Half under covers of sheets and cardboard and completely covered in dust, surrounded by parts of the BGT GC all in box's. Sadly, some youngster had put a brick through one of the Perspex roof panels which had then gone through one of the cars windows leaving the usual mess of a shattered car window.

Now, for more info you will have to come back tomorrow evening, as early tomorrow morning we are off on a three hour drive, with a van load of tools, jacks, compressor, starter jump pack and god knows what else and a camera to catch the moment that the garage doors open for the 1st time in 29 years too reveal her in all her beauty.

And guess what. She is now MINE.

100% its an esprit 😍 well i hope it is