Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
What made you happy today? - Page 245 - General Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

What made you happy today?

Laura

On 16/03/2024 at 13:10, exeterjeep said:

Wife has had bonds for almost 50 years and not one a penny.

My parents bought £6 of premium bonds for me in 1960, they have never won a thing.
More recently I've bought a few more and get regular wins, this month's was £250.
I read somewhere if you have a large amount bought way back when you would be better off cashing them in and buying them again to get the newer numbers.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
13 minutes ago, Nick Sticks said:

I read somewhere if you have a large amount bought way back when you would be better off cashing them in and buying them again to get the newer numbers.

From https://www.express.co.uk/finance/personalfinance/1861219/premium-bonds-nsi-nsandi-savings-win

they say.....

NS&I responds to customer complaining old Premium Bonds rarely win

An X user contacted the savings provider to ask if the old style Bonds are still entered into the monthly prize draw, as Bonds they purchased in the 1970s have never won a prize while more recently issued ones have.

The group explained: "Every £1 Bond has an equal chance of winning a prize, regardless of when or where it was bought. In fact, over 95 percent of eligible Bonds have been bought since the year 2000, which is why newer Bonds seem to win more frequently."

still makes me wonder if they 'lost' some old bonds during a IT data transfer. many years ago......we all know how well all IT implementations go.

1 minute ago, exeterjeep said:

still makes me wonder if they 'lost' some old bonds during a IT data transfer. many years ago......we all know how well all IT implementations go.

Indeed. I know I have significantly increased my chances lately but it does make me think.

• Gold FFM

What a coincidence just as I’m about to need a new project - must be fate @johnpwalsh. I’ll arrange collection 👌

• Haha 1

Only here once

• Gold FFM

So here she is after last weeks reveal. I had to take a day out for the rescue. Two vans, 2 cars trailers and an estate car to the 1st location and vans and one trailer loaded with the 1968 MGB GC plus all the parts. Then onto the 2nd location to reveal the S3 N/A. First time the doors have been opened in 29 years. Two hours to clear all the gear that had been stacked up in the garage, another 2 too free off the rear brake callipers, and another couple too free of the cross gate and hokey stick selectors as both were seized. Surprisingly, one tyre was still fully inflated after 29 years !!!. the remaining three took air with no problem. Strategically placed soft slings and a wee tug, and out she comes. Far easier than any of us expected. Big thanks to Wendy Walsh, for her patience today, and a couple of friends who came to help out. Kev, Aaran and Kyle. 

I have a short video of the reveal, but for some reason the system wont allow it. :(

image.png.ac9fb297923fba73a80ae604b8a75526.png

• Like 2

Piccies would be good @johnpwalsh

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way. 

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

• Gold FFM
Just now, C8RKH said:

Piccies would be good @johnpwalsh

I have a short video Andy, but the system wont let me post it. I thought with Gold status I would have some increased allowance, but all I can get is a snipe.

I will get some pics tomorrow once I have more time and she's up the yard.

• Like 1

I tried saving the video from FB and posting it, but aal I get is the link.

https://www.facebook.com/100014720204720/videos/3668896573428217/

And that might well be specific to my account. 😕

Hope you get it posted, it's well worth the watch!

• Like 1

I have made many mistakes in my life. Buying a multiple Lotus is not one of them.

That's beautiful!  

"I thought it was Lambo" -  Thank you very much and now it's time to educate the Exotic Less.

• Gold FFM

And today, it just gets better. I have been offered a tailgate complete with glass  from a friend who wrote off his 1st Esprit about 10/12 years ago. To be collected this weekend, and it's reasonably local. I have a company not too far from me organised to remove the glass from that tailgate and fit to her own one. Another result. :)

• Like 1

What's it designed for?  small yards or can you go over an acre?

"I thought it was Lambo" -  Thank you very much and now it's time to educate the Exotic Less.

4 hours ago, bogle said:

What's it designed for?  small yards or can you go over an acre?

This one can do 1000 square metres but they do others that can do larger. It is very clever - no boundary wires, you set the boundary using an app (it overlays on google maps) you can set multiple areas and also have exclusion zones as well as a schedule for when it should cut.

So far it has done 4 miles!

• Like 2
Dave - 2000 Sport 350

Coming back from the North Weald meet this morning, almost back home, stopped at a junction in the village and a young lad was frantically trying to get his phone out of his pocket to take a pic of my Esprit, so I obligingly waited a bit longer than needed so he could get his photo 😇 

... nice to know at least there's someone in the future generation with good taste in cars!

• Like 2

• Gold FFM
On 13/04/2024 at 04:13, johnpwalsh said:

And today, it just gets better. I have been offered a tailgate complete with glass  from a friend who wrote off his 1st Esprit about 10/12 years ago. To be collected this weekend, and it's reasonably local. I have a company not too far from me organised to remove the glass from that tailgate and fit to her own one. Another result. :)

Update. The glass comes out of the replacement tailgate and gets fitted to my one on Wednesday. Hopefully, unbroken and fitted all in one piece.