Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
What made you happy today? - Page 84 - General Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

What made you happy today?

Laura

• Gold FFM

Fair chuffed, camper came back from the paint shop on Friday so spent the afternoon with Wendy measuring out and fitting all the new decal's and she is looking good. I think we did a good job of the decal's considering we had to design what we wanted then landed up getting the Grey set from one manufacturer and the Red set from another but it all worked in fine.New belts, water pump, fully serviced. New curtains all fitted, new sunscreen visors all in place. Still looking for a replacement rear bumper, so now just the bed to get done and she's ready for a good run somewhere and it's going to be somewhere warm. The van is most often used as my daily driver when the S3 is stuck indoors which means the Rav 4 is almost redundant, anyone want a good 10 plate Toyota Rav.

Maybe found a part time business to start in preparation for retirement. MMM

post-12149-0-20351100-1440960999.jpg

post-12149-0-91501700-1440961041.jpg

post-12149-0-58811400-1440961099.jpg

• Gold FFM

@ Bibs

Not really any better, but certainly a lot more colourful - 50 shades of purple.

@ John

That camper van really looks the business - you taking bookings for next year's Festival?

• Gold FFM

David, you can have it for free. As for next years festival I think I miss, it unless the date changes as going by my current rota which will be a shame as this first two years we have enjoyed it.

My laptop cordless mouse some how ( don't ask) managed to get in the washing machine and do a full 40 degree 2 hour cycle.  I pulled it out and was only missing the usb Bluetooth bit.  After 2 more full washes today the machine regurgitated the usb bit.   Dried it all out and it still works.   Quite impressive for a £10 mouse. 

• Like 2

No1 Grandson 6 years old, was in trouble today at school for scribbling on another pupils jotter. He was sent to the Deputy Head to explain his actions and was told he had to something nice for the other pupil. When asked by his Mum what nice thing he did he said "I gave him the maths answers because he couldn't do them"

• Like 1

Went to see No. 1 son at his school concert tonight, the orchestra were, as usual fantastic. Get in car, start her up and set off through town - too busy yacking away to him and didn't notice my speed creep up as it was dark, no cars about etc.  Next  minute, yellow fluorescent clad Policeman jumps out of side street and flags me down - know how fast you were going Sir?  know the speed limit Sir?  Shit, banged to rights I was doing 38 in a 30 and had not realised it as chatting away - damn!

Details taken, then let off with a few words of caution re driving, speeds, and built up areas. Policeman was firm but polite, made his point in no uncertain terms and point very well taken by me and heeded.  

I was lucky, but funnily, it reconfirmed my faith in the Police force as they gave me the right willies there but didn't make a song or dance out of it as I was not driving like a cock or anything, just a momentary lack of concentration. Rest assured I'll be more careful in future. Good job done and my evening listening to, and being with my son, was not spoilt.

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

• Gold FFM

Bits at last arrived for Wendy's Elan M100 SE Turbo, simple little sensor but it now runs again as it should. One happy lady and I now have time on my hands for the S3 again. Two happy people.

picked car up from Gerald,new cambelt,oil leak cured (3 snapped bolts in cam covers though),water leak cured,new door seals fitted, and 2 light pods re glassed and sitting perfect now.All now ready for Hethel next month

hindsight: the science that is never wrong

My youngest son just passed his driving  test with 1 minor.......................................Im more pleased  however that  I don't have to get up at 6 every morning to drive into work with him any more. 

• Like 2

My youngest son just passed his driving  test with 1 minor.......................................Im more pleased  however that  I don't have to get up at 6 every morning to drive into work with him any more. 

Still waiting for mine to do that :(

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

Ah.... but you now have that phone call within the first month or so around 23:00-24:00 saying "Daaaaad, I've had a bit of a bump........"  SWMBO is going loopy in the background imagining her offspring is maimed for life and you can't hear the first bit of the conversation even with finger in the other ear.  

You just hope that a) nobody hurt (so that you can do that when you get our hands on them) and b) car is drive-able and you are sober enough to go and inspect situation and maybe arrange tow/trailer.

Our 2 sons different stories were:  

Eldest: "Steering locked up on me and nothing I could do".  No it didn't.  You braked hard on wet roads and with no ABS (old P reg Clio) locked up and sailed into the object ahead.  :clap:

Youngest: "A cat jumped off a roundabout and the girl in passenger seat screamed and I swerved & hit roundabout"  No you didn't. Roundabout in question has stone walls about 1m high straight up from road surface and is planted out and isn't a regular shape. You were so busy trying to pull the said bird you were running home after work as waiter you didn't remember that it isn't actually a round roundabout and you drove into the wall and ripped a hole in the car.   :ice:

Good luck!  :thumbsup:

• Like 1

A LEGS man and proud to declare it! Lotus Enthusiasts Group Scotland

Evora Launch Edition 2+2 in Aquamarine -gone 2010. Evora Aquamarine 2+2 - gone 2011, Evora Ardent Red 2+0 gone 2012, Evora S Ardent Red 2+2, gone 2023 

Still waiting for mine to do that :(

Brings back memories.  I have 3 stepdaughters all grown up now and long flown the nest. I did my share of taking them all out for driving lessons. The oldest took 2 tries to get her license. The youngest got hers the first time. The middle took 5 tries !!!. I remember her getting me nauseous while practicing parallel parking (jerky backing up and she had a real problem with the coordination of which way to turn the wheel while backing up). I was SO relieved when she finally passed her exam(in the end we handed her over to an instructor who took her for lessons and finally to her driving test ). I don't envy anyone going through that exercise now.   :hope:

• Gold FFM

My youngest son just passed his driving test with 1 minor........

That's a very impressive result indeed. I've taught hundreds over 13 years and only had 5 come back with zero minors. They only give out a zero about 1 in every 3000 Tests. Anything under 5 is very good indeed and only having only 1 DF will put him in the top 1%. Now......to keep safe for years to come along with enjoying those lifts. :)

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

Well he doesn't know it but there is a machine mart tracker in his car so I will at least know which ditch to pull him out of to within 2 meters!!!!  Also means his mum doesn't have to ring him every morning at 7am  to make sure he got the 20 miles to work safely.

• Gold FFM

Lol. Same in my daughters - and she doesn't know either. I've txted her before when I know she's parked up in Tescos and asked her to pick up some milk whilst she's there. Spooks her right out lol

• Like 2

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

Wish I'd known about them years ago!  Well in fact before about 1 minute ago!  Didn't know that there were "home made" self fit trackers out there to be honest.  

Now I don't want to know about them in case SWMBO fits to my car in case I want to go the long way to places taking in nice back roads.  God, think about the potential for being caught out doing all manner of things!  My mates wife calls the iPhone locator device "Stalk my Husband" App as he cycles home from work 30 miles away occasionally and she can get the tea on pending his exhausted arrival.

A LEGS man and proud to declare it! Lotus Enthusiasts Group Scotland

Evora Launch Edition 2+2 in Aquamarine -gone 2010. Evora Aquamarine 2+2 - gone 2011, Evora Ardent Red 2+0 gone 2012, Evora S Ardent Red 2+2, gone 2023 

• 3 weeks later...