Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Essex Random Images....... - Page 19 - Esprit Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Essex Random Images.......

nello

Wow  Fantastic car as is any esprit ....I take it was the last one built .i know they did not make 100 .Mark if I lived near you I think I would give up my Saturday's to clean your Esprits ....Mike

Well done Mark, you can't beat the original unrestored look. Fantastic condition by the look of it as well and will look fantastic parked next to 005.

Good luck with the sale of 018 

Get those blue mirrors painted ?

Dave :) 

Do or do not, there is no try! 

From memory of period photos I’m pretty sure 100 always had body coloured mirrors.......as were the bumpers. I’ve got a photo somewhere which I’ll need to dig out......now where did I see it? Edit : just remembered it’s on one of the Esprit DVD’s when it is featured as part of a collection

12 hours ago, stephenwhyte said:

From memory of period photos I’m pretty sure 100 always had body coloured mirrors.......as were the bumpers. I’ve got a photo somewhere which I’ll need to dig out......now where did I see it? Edit : just remembered it’s on one of the Esprit DVD’s when it is featured as part of a collection

Yes you are right Stephen it was on the Addiction for life DVD part of Ken Baird’s collection . It had blue bumpers and mirrors then . The guy I bought it off who also has a Sport 350,Sport 300 and a JPS with only 13,000 miles on it  got it from Ken .

• Like 1

That is lovely and one that is sure to appreciate in price surely.

Current: 2021 Lotus Elise Cup 250 FE in Isotope Green, Red Alcantara Interior, Carbon Aero Kit, AirCon, Carpets & Mats, NVH pack, Cruise Control, Stereo, Red Calipers.
Now Gone2018 Lotus Elise Sport 220 in Metallic Blue, Alcantara Pack, Forged Wheels, 2piece brakes, AirCon, Hard/Soft Tops, Red Calipers, Stereo, Interior Colour Pack, NVH Pack, Carpets, Mats.
Previously Owned: 2016 Lotus Evora 400, 2010 Lotus Evora NA, 2003 VX220 Supercharged, 2001 VX220 Lightning Yellow
Follow my Lotus journey here: http://www.FaceBook.com/HandmadeInHethel

26 minutes ago, lotuseaters said:

Nice car your one Barry , Its the next one on my list........

Mark

Whilst I agree that there’s a price for (almost) everything, it would be very very expensive..

• Haha 1

Well for all the doubters out there it looks like the market has found another lucky new owner with deep pockets - Mark’s Essex Esprit is now marked as sold on Pistonheads. Well done Mark - great work! Pity we will never likely know the selling price.......but I think we can assume it’s North of £100kB-)

https://www.pistonheads.com/classifieds/used-cars/lotus/esprit/lotus-esprit-turbo-essex-commemorative-edition--sold---sold/7861055

• Thanks 1

• 2 months later...

I enventually got further details about the French white 'Essex' car registered 'NHN 759W' which we talked about earlier in this thread.

It is 10947, and it's not the white developement car, and not a genuine Essex Car although it has all Essex series options including the dry sump engine, Panasonic and  Compomotive. After being re-registered in France AY-203-GC it was quite well maintained up until year 2012, then it vanished.

I do have quite bad news about this car. It was the property of a garage in french britanny which went out of business and the car remained a very long time outside of the premises. It is today in quite bad shape, it is for sale with a non running engine which has been removed (but provided with the remainings of the car)...

115147_fd0413efc93a009c666727fb1f7fea58.jpg

Edited by jpgp79

It does not mention the engine being out of the car on eBay, May give the winning bidder a shock when he goes to collect on a trailer.

I am sure it will be restored in full Essex form especially since it has the cam covers which are missing from several official ones. 

Dave :) 

Do or do not, there is no try! 

Shame .looks great in that picture .i know there is debate over is it the first dry sump car after the Essex cars its at strong money .Bit more than what it made at auction .But still a fair bit of work .Hope it finds a good home ....Mike

Just looks a little neglected in the later image.

Give it a wash, put some air in the tyres, will look the same - the wiper is even in the same place and the decals look in a very similar state.