Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Elite/Eclat/Excel video & picture thread! - Page 18 - Elite / Eclat / Excel Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Elite/Eclat/Excel video & picture thread!

Really good article...and some very funny translation from google!:thumbup:

Also found the interesting article on a factory Citroen visa rally car fitted with Lotus esprit engine and citroen SM gearbox, thats a new one for me!

4 hours ago, pbharcourt said:

Really good article...and some very funny translation from google!:thumbup:

ok I translated it with google as well and must say: It is a pretty accurate translation! The 'fart' is correctly translated. The following part is not: 

And getting in and out requires a certain amount of fitness, not like those stupid, modern SUVs that you throw in and then out again.

Although SUVs make me feel sick sometimes, he is not saying you always throw (up) in those cars :devil:

and some other parts really are translated strange...

With 'buying a cadet' for 7000.- he means a 'Opel Kadett' :P

I like this one especially: 

In addition: classics are driven much more aware, because then you get the milk rather on foot than with the Lotus, the entire startup procedure would take too much time.

which is not true, of course...

the peaceful pilot of a duck

then, this is 'the peaceful pilot of a Citroen 2CV :)

sunglasses-reinforced driver of a Touareg with R-package

And that driver of course is not 'reinforced', but you will never see him without his sungass

and so on B-)

but it's really surprising me how good these translation tools work...

• Gold FFM
9 hours ago, pbharcourt said:

Also found the interesting article on a factory Citroen visa rally car fitted with Lotus esprit engine and citroen SM gearbox, thats a new one for me!

Posted photographs a couple of weeks ago in ref to the Citreon rally car.

• 2 weeks later...

If I’m honest far more comfortable than the esprit as that had fibreglass seats with minimal padding however the seventies vinyl seats can get a little sticky in that heat , she’s nice if you take her at a steady pace but does lack a little power if you are travelling with a gaggle of supercars ?we often joke how she gets more attention than the ferrari’s etc that she’s with , I guess people don’t see them very often ! , but all in all an enjoyable  run out !

@Testdriver maybe you should check your geo or air pressure... I have not a too light feel in the Eclat and so hadn't in the Excel. When my M100 was aligned properly I felt someone has the power steering thrown of the engine bay. It was such a tremendous difference. 

Edited by Don.Hasi
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Testdriver said:

totally agree @Brabbs 

The only downside in my opinion is the power steering which is much much too light and feels not really connected to the road

But I love every bit on the Ellite :wub: 

picture credit: radical-mag.com @Lotus-Elite-504-2-1200x800.jpg

I guess that’s a positive on my side for owning a base model 501 as there isn’t any power steering however on the downside I don’t have a microphone attached to the stereo so can’t record myself singing along to the 70’s soundtracks of Andy Williams or Tom Jones ?

Love the blue by the way the first car that got me into Lotus was my uncle’s eclat in the same colour when I was just a boy ???

• Love 1

Hi all, anyone have a '76 Elite 504 (that'll be auto, power steering, air conditioning), preferably with leather interior and red colourway that they wouldn't mind sharing? I've decided I want to try and get mine as close as possible to original condition, however it's difficult to see what should and shouldn't be there. Some decent pics throughout (interior, exterior, engine bay) a similar car would be greatly appreciated if anyone has. Thanks!

Jono,

@clivef38 has a 504 and I'm pretty sure it is a 76 (as is mine) but I may be wrong on that - could be a 78?

Like mine, Clive's is in Monaco White with the beige/brown interior. I have quite a few photos on my resto thread. I have to admit to being a fan of the red interiors as well.

Good luck

Ant

Is the price for that bit in Yen or £?

• 2 weeks later...

Looks great - I've added you to the regional PM list.

You should pop along to this.

• 1 month later...