Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Elite/Eclat/Excel video & picture thread! - Page 28 - Elite / Eclat / Excel Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Elite/Eclat/Excel video & picture thread!

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
On 10/12/2020 at 16:42, Peapod said:

Probably been on here before, but I found his interesting.

It’s a real period piece that video! It has been around for a while but looking at it again I have a question - does anybody recognise the country house used for the publicity shots (at around 16.40) - someone has suggested Hampton Court, someone else Waddesdon Manor, but I’m not sure it’s either of those?

Cheers, Richard

@Don't Be Foolish - ah, so not an original colour. I think it suites your Elite really well - more pictures please :)

I wonder how it would look on an Esprit? @Buddsy - it you are ever thinking about repainting your Esprit, if you want to go non original, I think this would look great.

• Love 1

8 hours ago, rjwooll said:

I have a question - does anybody recognise the country house used for the publicity shots

Could it be Burghley House?

It's getting there......

On 13/12/2020 at 18:30, Don't Be Foolish said:

Hi Chris,

Here are some more pictures of my Elite, as requested.

The photos were taken for a recent feature in Absolute Lotus magazine after my car had undergone a two year restoration at Lotusbits.

A 2-year restoration at LotusBits sounds expensive but the car looks worth it.  Beautiful.

S4 Elan, Elan +2S, Federal-spec, World Championship Edition S2 Esprit #42, S1 Elise, Excel SE

I cannot think of a better place to have a 70s Lotus wedge restored than LotusBits . Whatever the bill, it would be a lot less than most establishments.

I need a small paint repair on my Elise..first quote who knew it was an insurance claim was £6k+.....laughable. If I was paying myself - would expect it to be £1k or less. I won't let a paint shop rip-off the insurance, so I will make the effort to have it repaired at a fair rate. 

Justin 

• 3 weeks later...

Good evening Guy,

Fingers crossed that things return to something more like the old normal soon as it would be great to be able to travel to be part of the Winterbottom Run and meet up with fellow members of ‘Oliver’s Army’ ( the ‘wedge-iment’?!) later in the year.

• Like 1

It’s so pleasing to see cars like this restored to such a high standard.  It normally starts a process where others follow, the cars are appreciated and values rise.  I commend you on your effort and it’s also a great tribute to Oli. I hope you get to enjoy it and look forward to hopefully seeing the car in the not too distant future. 

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

For those who remember their lotus history - who knows where these were taken - when the elite was just out.

deal31.jpg

Fantastic pics Keith, many thanks for sharing. The early pics from the days of chemical photography are so nice to look at, particularly when it comes to these cars as they look spectacular in their new and shiny glory. These 70’s colours are also seldom seen these days. 
Are you able to post the pics individually in better resolution? 

No-one has guessed correctly yet, can post images again later - did not want to run out of space. . You can tell that these early cars had vacuum headlights!!. My first lotus was a 501 -I did replace one of the solenoids  I have loads of photos, the early negs were the old C22 developing process which was replaced by C41., many years ago  The old roman purple was quite a nice colour. If you look on the esprit photo thread I posted a picture outside of an old dealer in exeter - no one id'd that one.

So I'll post the answer in a couple of days..