Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Evora Picture & Video Thread - Page 136 - Evora Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Evora Picture & Video Thread

Bibs

1 hour ago, Bruss said:

What is this "putting the car away for the winter"?

Up here we have something called winter. Which include snow and ice plus plenty of sand and salt on the roads. So sport cars tend to be kept off the road until spring. Good for you if you can drive all year round.

1 hour ago, tim_marra said:

She could have been kinder with the panel gap on that first pic :P

Still a lot better than a Tesla 😂

• Gold FFM

i just googled Helsingborg...  looks a nice place.. some of the buildings look great..

On 03/11/2018 at 21:22, andyj007 said:

i just googled Helsingborg...  looks a nice place.. some of the buildings look great..

Nice in the Summer, bloody cold in the Winter since it's always windy by the sea. Great roads on the nearby ridges as well as a great Lotus track 30 minutes away, called Ring Knutstorp.

• 2 weeks later...
On 22/05/2010 at 02:45, Al. said:

Okay to get this started instead of a lot of promises. whistle.gifsofa.gif Remember there is also the Garage section as well if anybody needs to see a particular colour. (This is Aquamarine)

post-7988-127449257709.jpg

post-7988-127449244689.jpg

post-7988-127449247608.jpg

post-7988-127449252825.jpg

post-7988-127449260624.jpg

post-7988-127449234141.jpg

post-7988-127449240535.jpg

Dozens more but enough I think

Well blow me down ....   that's now my car!  Now on 42,000 miles and a plate ending in ORA but in showroom condition and the Ivory interior made me choose it.

int.jpg

Edited by phil flash
had not finished input.
  • Love 1

Phil           Leave me alone I know what to do - I think. 

......... and how is the old girl doing?  :welcome:

Just out of interest how are you sure that is the one?  I had 2 that new effectively identical although only one was the actual launch edition.  (that one above)  Those photos were taken about this time of year in 2009 not far from Balmoral Castle.

For those of you who may have been thinking I've left the building, I haven't.  Just been extremely busy building a house for last lifetime it seems and busy at work.  

A LEGS man and proud to declare it! Lotus Enthusiasts Group Scotland

Evora Launch Edition 2+2 in Aquamarine -gone 2010. Evora Aquamarine 2+2 - gone 2011, Evora Ardent Red 2+0 gone 2012, Evora S Ardent Red 2+2, gone 2023 

1 hour ago, Al. said:

......... and how is the old girl doing?  :welcome:

Just out of interest how are you sure that is the one?  I had 2 that new effectively identical although only one was the actual launch edition.  (that one above)  Those photos were taken about this time of year in 2009 not far from Balmoral Castle.

For those of you who may have been thinking I've left the building, I haven't.  Just been extremely busy building a house for last lifetime it seems and busy at work.  

Maintenance Record Book, Page 3, states Date of Purchase:  25/9/2009, Reg/Licence No: 0007 ALN.  Page 2 shows VIN which matches the VIN on the car so I'm as sure as I can be. Dealer still has it to put new MOT on it but it was great on my test drive. Compared to my Elan+2, Eclat & M100's she is a young wench, not an old girl ..😃

11 hours ago, LotusLeftLotusRight said:

Think it was mine for a while too. I put E9ORA on it.

That is still on it, so it was yours.  I've learnt the interior was called 'Oyster' at launch but now Ivory White.

8 minutes ago, Nathan Pitman said:

An Evora with gull wing doors... :!

Why?  :cry:

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

Don't know what they are, but no thanks.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

34 minutes ago, Steffen_Leitgeb-LSWGmbh said:

No. Not by definition.
I´d call them McLarlambo style doors?

I fear they add lift and weight. But if the owner likes them why not? 

Only if you flap them vigorously  enough on hard acceleration. Kind of like watching a stork take off. 😂

• Like 1

• Gold FFM

I know them as scissor doors.  :geek:

I agree with Steffen; the hinges will probably add weight. Looks very cool on the M250 though (technically it appears to have butterfly doors).

Edited by EuropaSman

Lover of everything Lotus Cars and proud owner of production Evora No.75 (2nd UK customer specced car by VIN). Originally from the Far East....of Anglia, I read black box data for a living so that could explain a lot!

image.png.9db97d94b90c8d44f75911ca24efff36.png

7 hours ago, EuropaSman said:

I know them as scissor doors.  :geek:

I agree with Steffen; the hinges will probably add weight. Looks very cool on the M250 though (technically it appears to have butterfly doors).

I find some of these "Lotus owner stereotypes" hilarious! How many of you Lotus 'fanbois' as we call them here in the states actually race/track your Lotuses and drive at 10/10ths? All this talk of weight saving when you are daily driving your Lotus in London traffic is amusing at best, and silly at worst. 

Weight is mostly irrelevant in everyday life, spent outside the track. Even at the track, weight is only relevant when you are competitive, and know what you are doing. Casual trackday warriors will never ever notice the difference of hundred, even two hundred pounds on a 3000 lb car. This is coming from a competitive motorcycle racer. 

Edited by xxaarraa

1 hour ago, xxaarraa said:

Casual trackday warriors will never ever notice the difference of hundred, even two hundred pounds on a 3000 lb car. This is coming from a competitive motorcycle racer.

You do notice the difference in tyre wear and brakes. But I agree, a 50kg lightness would be hard for me to notice, especially when I put my big fat lump of an arse in the car.

The difference I find with most Lotus owners to other marques is they are usually down to earth, helpful and know how to take the piss out of themselves and others.

Anyway, what does a damn yankee know about adding lightness after 30 chilli chicken wings, 5 ltrs of piss beer and a drive home in a 7ltr powered monster truck!  :sofa:

• Like 1

The small print.

7 hours ago, C8RKH said:

You do notice the difference in tyre wear and brakes. But I agree, a 50kg lightness would be hard for me to notice, especially when I put my big fat lump of an arse in the car.

The difference I find with most Lotus owners to other marques is they are usually down to earth, helpful and know how to take the piss out of themselves and others.

Anyway, what does a damn yankee know about adding lightness after 30 chilli chicken wings, 5 ltrs of piss beer and a drive home in a 7ltr powered monster truck!  :sofa:

haha.  

America is the last bastion of hope for the car enthusiast my friend. We still make V8s, trucks, make sure our gas is cheap and roads are plenty. I am in Italy now as we speak and just filled up at over $7 per gallon. Combined with all your overcrowding, dinky roads, CO2 and congestion taxes and you have to ask why you all bother to make cars any more, especially performance cars. When a Fiat 500 looks and feels like a solid car next to a litany of tinier cars, you know the standards are pretty low for the general population. lol