Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
What made you UNHAPPY today! - Page 183 - General Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

What made you UNHAPPY today!

rocket63

Maybe you need to buy a new computer? 😁

I have made many mistakes in my life. Buying a multiple Lotus is not one of them.

AI and Windows 11 will fix all your problems with computers. The world will be a better place for sure.

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

• Gold FFM
10 minutes ago, Escape said:

Maybe you need to buy a new computer? 😁

It’s not so much the computer, more the muppet trying to use it!

10 minutes ago, C8RKH said:

AI and Windows 11 will fix all your problems with computers. The world will be a better place for sure.

sounds ghastly!

• Haha 1

It’s only metal, it cannot win!

I was trying to be funny and combine the 2 things that made you unhappy. 2 wrongs make a right, don't they? 😛 

I have made many mistakes in my life. Buying a multiple Lotus is not one of them.

• Gold FFM

Ah, I get it now. Luckily beer completely erased the shopping unhappiness last night!

this should probably be in the what made you happy thread……

• Like 1

People!

They're often selfish. Entitled. Lazy. Feckless. Despicable. Dirty. Twats. I hate people in general.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/articles/c3gv47x753qo

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/articles/cn38n8pegypo

In that last video it is plain  to see that some people just do not what is acceptable behaviour in the UK, and how to respect our natural landscapes. We do have a cultural behavioural issue, as well as litter etc issues. Strange that given the video the Police have not acted as quickly as they have with the terrorist/rioters. Wonder what the hold up is?

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Gold FFM

JENNIFER UPDATE :

I've not posted anything on here in a long while as there really hasn't been anything to report. Jennifer wasn't making any significant progress but we knew right from the start, that once you're 8 to 9 months into stroke recovery, things slow right down. Having said that, neither did she have any setbacks and seemed to be quite contented with her quality of life so I grew to accept that this was how things were going to be and we'd make the best we could of them.

However, about 3 weeks back, Jennifer suffered a TIA (mini-stroke) which really pushed her back almost to where we were about 2 years ago. Undaunted, we set about the recovery schedule from page 1 again and over the next few days she did appear to be responding with her muscle coordination starting to return and the aphasia starting to diminish little by little.

On Thursday of this week she suddenly became very unwell, showing clear signs of a respiratory problem with gurgling in her throat every time she exhaled and bringing up a lot of frothy mucus. The doctor was called and he diagnosed a lung infection which he suspected may have been caused by her aspirating some food particles, and she was prescribed antibiotics and a medication to reduce the mucus secretions.

This initially seemed to be working, but by this morning things were becoming obviously worse so the doctor was again summoned. This time, he diagnosed that the lung infection had developed into pneumonia and I've been warned that due to her general frailty, it is likely that Jennifer will only continue to deteriorate further.

She's been put on morphine to reduce the pain she was suffering with every breath so at least they're doing their best to make her as comfortable as possible but I'm totally devastated.

We've been together now more than 32 years. She's my life. My world has imploded.

• Sad 5

• Gold FFM

Sorry to hear that David. You’ve both had a very tough time and life will have obviously dramatically changed since the original stroke affected Jennifer for both of you. It is amazing how quickly pneumonia can develop. From experience Morphine is an amazingly good and almost instant pain reliever that you can take some sort of comfort from. 
I really do hope the antibiotics are able to work their miracles/magic for you both.

Thinking of you. Sending a man hug.

• Thanks 1

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

Really sad to read how things have developed. Had been wondering how she was progressing, as there had been no news, but had assumed that her recovery would be slow. But this seems a real bad time, but hope her health improves.

• Like 1

David I completely understand your grief and frustration in this unanticipated turn of events.  There's no sugar coating as this is a terrible situation for both you and Jennifer.  My wife and I will continue to ask for hope because it's especially needed at this moment.  Jennifer deserves all kindness we can give to her on this forum as well.  You are taking a beating on this emotionally David - you must be exhausted!  Try to get rest when you can as you need to be strong - even when the outlook is hard.

• Thanks 1

"I thought it was Lambo" -  Thank you very much and now it's time to educate the Exotic Less.

Thinking of you both and sending all my best wishes and hope for a recovery. 

• Thanks 1

The small print.

Gutted to read this... My thoughts go out to the both of you. We went to similar with my mom and I saw the toll it took on my dad. 😞 

• Thanks 1

• Gold FFM

Saddens me to read this. I hope your wife gets better soon.

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

Not today but a number of times over the past 2 months.

Last week I had to pay out of my own pocket for a private knee operation to take place because, according to 2 hospital NHS doctors and NHS physios, the NHS will not perform knee surgery on anyone over 50.

Now I’m 20 year over that age but wtf, point blank refused because of age. It didn’t matter that I am still very active, walking 15k to 20k steps a day whilst on holiday 4 months ago and doing 50 mile cycle rides on tracks and mountains (albeit on an ‘assisted’ bike)

Age discrimination being used by the NHS as a way of managing down the waiting lists!

• Sad 2

Must be the type of operation you needed @PaulCP as the below is straight from the NHS...

image.png.d5b62ce445050c02af11ff73c5f9c3f7.png

The small print.

@C8RKH that was before covid, it’s all changed now.

To get a knee replacement now, which is something I may need in the next 12 months apparently, you must have been suffering sleep inhibiting for quite some time😟

• Sad 1