Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
What made you UNHAPPY today! - Page 72 - General Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

What made you UNHAPPY today!

rocket63

• Gold FFM

I will find out on Monday for you, you can have it for the settlement figure I am not interested in making any money out of it as I have traded it for the new one. I will get them to send me the paperwork and scan it over to you. I will need it until 1st March and need the deal done on that day so I can swap it over. 

Honestly, it is perfect, tiny dent in back door, and a 25mm scratch on the front near side bumper, that was me putting it into a car lift. I can send you the full spec as have all the paperwork I know there is nothing wrong with it. I am sure it will have a few kerbs on the wheels but happy to get it all cleaned up and send you the pictures as it is filthy at the moment 

Let me know, you could if you could be arsed, buy it, decide you hate it and make a couple of grand selling it on 

• Like 2

While not driving vans in Patagonia, they did bring the Esprit and it did fare very well, even a farewell at the end...

I'm sure none of the aforementioned vans would have made it.

Jacques

Nobody does it better - than Lotus ;)

Don’t know if I should be happy or unhappy, Dad was given a few months to live back in July & surprised us with how well he was doing until a couple of months ago. As of this morning he’s no longer suffering, the last few weeks have been hell as he deteriorated, crying with pain & begging the staff at the Sue Ryder Hospice to put him out of his misery. All they could do was give him medication that meant we could no longer chat but now he is free, so tonight I raise a glass & shed a tear, night Dad.

• Sad 5

Steve, you seem to have picked up the positives as best they are. You and he had a longer time than expected where he had a good quality of life, and having lost several relatives to Cancer, it only being a few weeks of hell is actually a positive. I now you couldn't chat inthe last few weeks , but if that meant he was no longer conscious enough to feel the pain, then that's better that way.

So raise a couple of glasses, one on his behalf.

• Gold FFM

Hi Steve, so sorry for your loss. I'm sure the community will raise a spiritual glass in remembrance on your behalf.

Sorry to hear Steve. Condolences to you all.

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

• 2 weeks later...
  • Gold FFM

Tell you what flying back from Glasgow today was “interesting” now for the record I am not scared of flying and was catching up in “Man in a High Castle” season 3 but the battering we took getting into Gatwick was off the scale and I stopped watching it. Two aborted landings I smashed my head against the window at one point, loads of screaming people, others being sick (including a stewardess) the spark I took has only ever been on a plane twice before he was holding on to the seat in front and declared he is never getting on a plane again 😂 like f&*k 🤪

Hats off to the pilots how they got that bird down I will never know. They did get a round of applause after landing though . Took 7.5 hrs from arriving at Glasgow to get home to Kent. Waze took us through an hour of country lanes which were flooded to miss the motorways which were buggered. 

Glad to be home and a very nice glass of Chablis 

• Like 2
  • Confused 5

6 hours ago, Dan E said:

Tell you what flying back from Glasgow today was “interesting” now for the record I am not scared of flying and was catching up in “Man in a High Castle” season 3 but the battering we took getting into Gatwick was off the scale and I stopped watching it. Two aborted landings I smashed my head against the window at one point, loads of screaming people, others being sick (including a stewardess) the spark I took has only ever been on a plane twice before he was holding on to the seat in front and declared he is never getting on a plane again 😂 like f&*k 🤪

Hats off to the pilots how they got that bird down I will never know. They did get a round of applause after landing though . Took 7.5 hrs from arriving at Glasgow to get home to Kent. Waze took us through an hour of country lanes which were flooded to miss the motorways which were buggered. 

Glad to be home and a very nice glass of Chablis 

Been on several dodgy flights. One only managed to land after 3 aborted attempts but that one you were on sounds special. 

@Dan E - I've had a several encounters like that as I fly every week - lost count of the number of "touch and goes" on landing, was thrown out of my seat mid-flight en-route to India, woke up hearing the captain on the intercom shouting calmly but bloody firmly to the cabin crew "cabin crew, sit and belt up now!" then whoosh, about 30 seconds later the plane was being dropping like a stone and bucking about.  Had 4 aborted landings one after the other last year at La Palma (not to be confused with Las Palmas on Gran Canaria like some dope on our flight - christ did his wife lay in to him when she realised he had not only booked the flight to the wrong airport, it was the wrong bloody island lol) then we got re-directed to Tenerife South. Sat on the tarmac for 2 hours then back to La Palma and this time after 2 more attempts aborted we finally got down.  

Going to be interesting to see what happens when the accountants decide Pilots are too expensive and replace them with autonomous systems. All I can say is that when that happens I'll be retiring from career and taking out a mini-cab licence!

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

This

About 100 metres from home, can see the tapes from our bedroom window.

Looks like the poor woman was picking her kids up from one of the schools which adjoin each other behind our back garden.

https://www.getsurrey.co.uk/news/surrey-news/ewell-murder-stabbing-surrey-police-15804715

• Sad 1

Blessed with the competence to be a slave to the incapable.

Currently without a Lotus, Evora 400 Hethel Edition in Racing Green with Red leather and 2010 Evora N/A in Laser Blue and 1983 Lotus Excel LC Narrow body in Ice Blue all sadly gone.

• Gold FFM

@Sparky yes BA, even though their IT dept was so badly managed for years 🙂 I always fly BA if I have the option mainly for the Tier points and I get in their Lounges. Also with the BA Amex we always get a couple of weekends away with the points a year. 

@C8RKH agreed on that, them pilots earn their money when it is like that, first time I have ever had an abortive landing in God knows how many flights 

• Gold FFM

I've had plenty of interesting moments on aircraft, but in 35 years of lots of flying, not one go-around.  I feel robbed.

This 787 bounced nicely yesterday.  Although I do get angry with the hyperbole used for events like this (in this case "INSANE"). 

British Fart to Florida, Nude to New York, Dunce to Denmark, Numpty to Newfoundland.  And Shitfaced Silly Sod to Sweden.

Agree and saw that - it's all about headline and attention grabbing these days and half of the time when you look at the "insane" or "incredible" footage you are just like, meh, is that it....  I think people who grab attention like this should be flogged a dozen times and that should be video'd and posted with a counter title like "yet another routine public flogging of a sensationalist, no point watching it as nothing to see here". Kind of ironic poetry.... 

• Like 1

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

On 09/02/2019 at 09:35, Colin P said:

This

About 100 metres from home, can see the tapes from our bedroom window.

Looks like the poor woman was picking her kids up from one of the schools which adjoin each other behind our back garden.

https://www.getsurrey.co.uk/news/surrey-news/ewell-murder-stabbing-surrey-police-15804715

39 years old, apparently left husband a month ago and living in secure house several miles away, carrying one pre school child whilst on the school run to pick up her other 3 children when someone mounted the kerb jumped out of car and stabbed her to death. Two in custody within 2 hours.

From the photos taken from Facebook looks like she lived down our road. :cry:

• Sad 1

Blessed with the competence to be a slave to the incapable.

Currently without a Lotus, Evora 400 Hethel Edition in Racing Green with Red leather and 2010 Evora N/A in Laser Blue and 1983 Lotus Excel LC Narrow body in Ice Blue all sadly gone.