Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
What made you UNHAPPY today! - Page 146 - General Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

What made you UNHAPPY today!

rocket63

• Gold FFM

Had to take Alices cat to the vet earlier in the week. Apparently she has a corneal sequestrum - now referred to an eye clinic. Looks like it’s a £2k bill enroute.

i tried the false eye option - said I could get a small 8 ball made to use as a false eye - but no - she does indeed want a fully functional cat 🤪

• Sad 1

Only here once

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Gold FFM
44 minutes ago, mayevora said:

I’m so glad I’m not the only one who doesn’t like spending on this stuff - I just assumed it was me and my Scottish side coming to the surface. 😂

Na Na laddie, keep the sillar for the mair important bitties. I.E Lotus.

39 minutes ago, Barrykearley said:

Had to take Alices cat to the vet earlier in the week. Apparently she has a corneal sequestrum - now referred to an eye clinic. Looks like it’s a £2k bill enroute.

i tried the false eye option - said I could get a small 8 ball made to use as a false eye - but no - she does indeed want a fully functional cat 🤪

I had one of them on a car once. A functional cat that is. But as I grew I come to prefer a nice pussy.

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, andydclements said:

I do hope you didn't get confused and inadvertently switch hands part way through @pete.

And wash at least 1 hand when finished.

Turned 50. And got screwed for £500 by the car dealer when picking up the new car as my birthday treat. 

• Sad 3

Blessed with the competence to be a slave to the incapable.

Currently without a Lotus, Evora 400 Hethel Edition in Racing Green with Red leather and 2010 Evora N/A in Laser Blue and 1983 Lotus Excel LC Narrow body in Ice Blue all sadly gone.

Congrats @Colin P. You're almost officially an old git but I know you've been practising for a while! 🤣😂

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way. 

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

• Gold FFM

I’m awaiting a boilerjuice delivery I placed  on 20/02/22 at £0.622 per litre. Bought and paid for - I’d very much like to know where it is.

• Haha 1

Only here once

• Gold FFM

About 2 years before Covid, I lost a good mate to cancer. A friend from school and a mate surfing and camping. I still remember Henry helping me when we were out in the bush and something happened to my 4WD and the timing went out. Everyone out of the car while Henry and I pulled the distributor, retimed everything and off we went again for the weekend surfing at our favourite surf spot.

Today another school friend. Sudden. Don't know what it was, He's just........gone.

Henry was a bit older. A year I think. Moofy? The same age as me. Oh, how differently my life could have gone after my stroke.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

• Gold FFM

The joy of having my driveway completed has been somewhat tainted today by the dicsovery that some f**cking degenerate has keyed all the nearside panels of both mine and my wife's cars while they were parked on the street in marked bays during the work 😠 😭

• Sad 7

Norfolk Mustard S4s #1 :)

3 minutes ago, tomcattom said:

The joy of having my driveway completed has been somewhat tainted today by the dicsovery that some f**cking degenerate has keyed all the nearside panels of both mine and my wife's cars while they were parked on the street in marked bays during the work 😠 😭

What is wrong with people. Sorry to hear that Tom unfortunately I can only offer sympathy. 

cheers

-Chris

• Thanks 1

Well my 2003 v8 is going to cost a small fortune to fix.  The Cats are both bad and they are making a horrible rattling noise at idle.  Straight pipe is not legal in my section of Indiana.  So cost to replace is into between $3,100 and $3,800 bucks and includes the 4 Pre and Post O2 sensors and labor.  $3,100 for Aftermarket Cats since Lotus only has only one side available at $2,600 per CAT.  But a custom Magna Flow exhaust calibrated to the ECM is $3,800 using 308 Stainless Steel.

Add to that... my water pump is leaking.  A brand new Lotus water pump is leaking from the gasket seals after less than 3 months of driving and less than 2,000 miles.  This will be a warranty claim on the part, but I'll need to have words with the Lotus dealership about the labor.  I hear that water pumps on the V8s don't usually have any issues - guess I'm the only one.

The only plus side is that the weather has been undriveable during our winter season.  I've had my C service done in the middle of last year and put the car up late mid November.

"I thought it was Lambo" -  Thank you very much and now it's time to educate the Exotic Less.

• Gold FFM

Coppers help or not interested? Cameras in houses on the street?

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

• Gold FFM

Filed a report with the local police and they have come back to say not enough evidence to follow up; case closed. Frustrating but can't say I'm surprised.

Going to have a wander up the road to where the cars were parked in the daylight today to see if any of the nearby houses have CCTV pointing in the right direction, but I'm not overly hopeful.

Pretty certain one of the cars isn't worth the cost of repairing because the paint will probably cost more than the car is currently worth, being a chromactive/flip finish.

• Sad 1

Norfolk Mustard S4s #1 :)

Wife suggested we get a bit of spare heating oil in stock - eg a number of 20l containers,

but look at how the costs have risen dramatically over a few days £117 to £198 in 5 days. I was looking at one ebay item one second it was around £175, next time I looked it was over £250.

private listing -- buyers' identities protected
£198.00
8 Mar 2022 at 10:48:19PM GMT
£152.30
7 Mar 2022 at 7:12:29PM GMT
£125.00
4 Mar 2022 at 11:53:27AM GMT
£125.00
3 Mar 2022 at 10:15:09PM GMT
£117.00
3 Mar 2022 at 3:33:11PM GMT

26 minutes ago, tomcattom said:

Filed a report with the local police and they have come back to say not enough evidence to follow up; case closed.

Would be different if it was a car privately owned by a police officer though!

• Gold FFM
31 minutes ago, exeterjeep said:

Wife suggested we get a bit of spare heating oil in stock - eg a number of 20l containers,

but look at how the costs have risen dramatically over a few days £117 to £198 in 5 days. I was looking at one ebay item one second it was around £175, next time I looked it was over £250.

£198.00
8 Mar 2022 at 10:48:19PM GMT
£152.30
7 Mar 2022 at 7:12:29PM GMT
£125.00
4 Mar 2022 at 11:53:27AM GMT
£125.00
3 Mar 2022 at 10:15:09PM GMT
£117.00
3 Mar 2022 at 3:33:11PM GMT

It would be cheaper to buy cheap engine oil from a discounter and burn that.

• Gold FFM

I have to work out why the interior fan has stopped on the S4.

No foreboding moments. Just turned the switch on about 3 weeks ago and....... nothing.