Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
What made you UNHAPPY today! - Page 52 - General Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

What made you UNHAPPY today!

rocket63

I hope so! We pay them to maintain the roads and if they don't I think it's fair they cover the damage caused. 

I went back this evening to get a pic for their paperwork and an exact location. The road is maybe 3m wide there to give you some scale and that looks like a bit of someone elses car at the far end of the pothole.

20180215_010338.jpg

• Sad 1

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

I think the situation is that if they haven't been notified about the pothole before you've hit it, they won't pay out on it.

I am actively starting to consider selling the Esprit purely because the council won't repair the damage to our lane at a cattle crossing (my only means of access to our home). I have tried for 3 years to get it repaired but they just delete the request and don't even give me a reason why. The road has broken up right the way across and drops up to 4 inches in places. It will possibly be this year that I cannot get the car out without damaging it.

The photo is from 4 years ago - after they repaired it the first time, they just put 2 runs of tarmac where the tyres go rather than repair it properly. This took lots of complaints and referral to an ombudsman before they would even do this. These repairs strangely enough did not last past the first winter and are long gone and the hole runs the full width of the lane and is a lot deeper. I complain each year and they ignore and it's not as if I have an alternative. Will be having one more attempt this spring. I really do not want to damage my car after the effort and expense to get it to state it is in now.

What I really find offensive is the amount of collective road tax Carina an I pay and the way the council feels it can treat me. The other bug bear is that our council threatens to take people to court if they attempt to fix the roads themselves!

IMG_20140916_151453-1.jpg

• Sad 1

Looks like it would be lucky to last the day on that surface Bibs before it all got churned up and pushed/spilled off into the water sadly,  

I blame the farmers with those big tractors they have causing the wear :P

A

I can't see a problem with getting potholes fixed. Here the only (decent) road in Norfolk has a pothole, and it appears that the Police are going to be out there with shovels and tampers.

"Delays are expected on the A11 as Norfolk Police deal with a 3ft wide pothole."

http://www.edp24.co.uk/news/pothole-causes-delays-on-a11-1-5395552

What do you guys expect with these extreme low profile tires? (I call 'em "wagon wheels")    .  My S2 Esprit didn't have these problems :P   :sofa:

There's the race track and then there's reality  :devil:

image.jpeg.99c57e7cdf28265b95016eb16077eca3.jpeg       Image result for ultra low profile gangsta wheels     Image result for ultra low profile gangsta wheels

• Like 1

I had the council pay for a new tyre on my Mrs car last year and a new rad in my Porsche as a piece of road flicked up from the car in front and punctured it. Don’t worry sold the Porsche. It was a bit of a pain but worth pursuing 

The A11 into Norfolk is awful, some monster potholes especially where the pigs and paintball place is. 

That said, I'd rather be there than on the M11 right now. Been stationary for an hour now, somewhere near Saffron Walden. 

20180215_194621.jpg

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

• Gold FFM

I currently have a 5-year agreed premium (subject to there being no major 'material changes' in the schedule) insurance policy for the non-Lotus cars on the household fleet. Even when I swapped-out our old MG ZT-T diesel dogmobile for a much newer and twice as powerful SAAB 9-3 a couple of months back, that wasn't even deemed significant enough of a change to affect the premium.

So when the annual renewal notice (for year 3 of the 5) arrived in the post this morning, I thought it would be no more than the formality it was this time last year - simply check the details and file the new certificate away. However, I couldn't help but notice that the 'premium due' figure this time around was somewhat different to the previous 2 - it had jumped up by over £100 on the sum that had initially been quoted and agreed.

Straight on the phone I went - fortunately my 'platinum customer' status furnishes me with a dedicated number that gets through to a human being within seconds rather than spending the rest of my life listening to a recording telling me that "your call is important to us; you are currently position 697 in the queue".

It transpires that there has in fact been a 'material change' of sufficient stature to trigger this renewal increase. Apparently my inability to move my 44-tonne truck out of the path of a C-Class Merc on the M74 one night last year when its driver fell asleep at the wheel and subsequently rammed into the back of my trailer makes me now a much higher risk to insurers, :realmad: .

Being the up-front chap I am, I informed my insurer at the time (as one is obliged to do) but thought little more about it other than to remember to plan my work rota around my 'witness for the prosecution' appearance at the forthcoming court case. Now my honesty has come back to bite and it's probably too late to try and recover the additional costs, more as a matter of principle than anything, from the 3rd party.

Do insurance companies just make these things up as they go along?

• Sad 1

• Gold FFM

David you have my sympathy about 5 years ago I bought an ex demo C350 estate I had, had it about 5 days when I parked it in London a chap got out of his car in an opposite side road which was on a hill and left his handbrake off which consequently ended up taking out the side of my car. So neither driver was in the car, then come renewal time I had a £100 uplift. How can that be 

• Sad 1

Downhill with a tail wind and in a 30 I presume.

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!